Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Does any one have projection headlights installed?

Old 08-15-2012, 06:53 PM   #2
Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Konaborne's Tacoma Gallery
yep. a bunch of us are running retrofitted projectors, and RTS is a huge supporter of TW (they have a group buy going on right now, actually)

install is pretty simple. take the lights off the truck, heat them up a little/open the housing, slide the projectors in, heat again/close the housing, and youre done!

projectors are 11,000% better than stock lighting. Scientific fact.

edit:

RTS group buy link:
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/gro...group-buy.html

edit 2 :

if you get the D2S or H1 kits, there isnt even any cutting involved. just plug and play
See here
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/lig...step-pics.html
Old 08-15-2012, 07:06 PM   #3
dont tread on me!
Kolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: kevin
Kolunatic's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konaborne View Post
yep. a bunch of us are running retrofitted projectors, and RTS is a huge supporter of TW (they have a group buy going on right now, actually)

install is pretty simple. take the lights off the truck, heat them up a little/open the housing, slide the projectors in, heat again/close the housing, and youre done!

edit:

RTS group buy link:

edit 2 :

if you get the D2S or H1 kits, there isnt even any cutting involved. just plug and play
See here
Good Info,thanks.
Old 08-15-2012, 11:11 PM   #4
Rascal737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRascal737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRascal737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRascal737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRascal737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRascal737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRascal737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRascal737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRascal737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRascal737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRascal737 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oliver
Rascal737's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by akaryanreynolds View Post
I was just looking at some HID projection head light on http://www.theretrofitsource.com/index.php and was wondering if any one has any of these and how easy are they to install?
pretty easy to do....I did them on ebay housings and had to fabricate mounting plates but that's about it.

If your doing them in to your stock housings....even easier, so I've heard.....I may buy another set and put them into my stocks and then sell those.....maybe
Old 08-15-2012, 11:15 PM   #5
SoCal Tacomas
Jerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roderick
Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konaborne View Post

edit:

RTS group buy link:

edit 2 :

See here
^^^this...about every 5 trucks around here have retro fitted hid projectors on their stock housings including me...if you really want to add hids to your truck, i STRONGLY advice you to install projectors
Old 08-15-2012, 11:16 PM   #7
t4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

t4daddy's Tacoma Gallery
Cake
Old 08-16-2012, 05:48 AM   #10
AzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Govenor's Twenty, Mobilization Trainer, Squad Designated Marksman, Flight Operations
Name: Andy
AzogSS's Tacoma Gallery
Mine took 4 days. FX-R with Gatling shrouds and morimoto ballasts. Did a retro for another member who is a friend and he has the Minis that only took a few hours to install. Call Matt at The retrofit source.
Old 08-16-2012, 12:13 PM   #11
puddin67 is a splendid one to beholdpuddin67 is a splendid one to beholdpuddin67 is a splendid one to beholdpuddin67 is a splendid one to beholdpuddin67 is a splendid one to beholdpuddin67 is a splendid one to beholdpuddin67 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Zach
puddin67's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by stunt man hans View Post
their is a giant lighting section on here under forum list.

with everything from retrofitting to swapping over to leds fully. if your considering a retrofit i suggest you search on here and on hid planet. it also would hurt to pm a few guys here as well myself included as i may be selling mine very soon.
You have some for a 1st gen?