Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Tinted Fog lights...pics?

Old 08-15-2012, 08:49 PM   #1
YESSAHBUD...heyut
mainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ol' Waltah
mainewoodsballer's Tacoma Gallery
Tinted Fog lights...pics?

Hey there. Im looking to see how people have tinted their foglights. Im looking to tint mine a darker color but not sure the best way. I dont really want to use the lamenx stuff because I live in Maine and fear they will not stay on in the harsh winter months. Pics and ideas would be great! Thanks!
Old 08-15-2012, 08:51 PM   #2
09DBLCAB09 is on a distinguished road
09DBLCAB09's Tacoma Gallery
I've used rust-oleum a lot on tail lights and stuff for some friends. Works really well. You can pretty much do it as dark or as light as you want it too
Old 08-19-2012, 07:30 PM   #3
YESSAHBUD...heyut
mainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Has anyone used the night shade stuff?
Old 08-19-2012, 11:23 PM   #4
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainewoodsballer View Post
Has anyone used the night shade stuff?
I've used that as well. Works great
Old 08-19-2012, 11:24 PM   #5
I personally prefer using film
I got a lot left over if you'd wanna buy some off me
Or if you wanted you could even send me your fogs an I could tint them for
You with the film
Old 08-20-2012, 05:56 AM   #6
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Screw films and tints... they only reduce your light output. Either get a smoked chrome set of fogs off Fleabay or go this route:

They don't get much darker than that and they have much better light output vs. stock.
Old 08-21-2012, 01:17 PM   #7
YESSAHBUD...heyut

How do you use the nightshade? Apply then sand, then apply again?
Old 08-21-2012, 01:39 PM   #8
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainewoodsballer View Post
How do you use the nightshade? Apply then sand, then apply again?
I don't think you need to sand between coats. You put on as many or as few coats as you want, depending on how dark you want them tinted. Maybe a wet sand at the end for a polished finish before clear coating at most. Wet sanding could give them an uneven tint though unless you do it perfectly across the surface.