Here's my write-up for the retrofit I did to my ebay headlights:
What I bought from TRS:
Morimoto Mini Stage III Kit (H1)
H1 relay harness
H1 male > H1/9006 female high beam splitters
H1 Morimoto 3Five 5000k bulbs
2 sets of 2 x 100mm halos in white
So first I disassembled the headlights including all wiring that I could get to, rubber plugs and plastic caps:
Baked them at 300 F for about 11 minutes
(thanks to all those that have done this before me, I followed the instructions for baking them here: http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/lig...light-mod.html)
Remember to turn the oven off when it reaches 300F and then put the lights in. After I pulled them out of the oven, it took about 30 second to pull them apart.
Took the crappy dim halo's out and cleaned up some of the sealing compound that stuck to the insides of the housing as I split the lights.
I then took a template of the mounting and adjustment locations from the old projectors and made a pair of my own mounting brackets to fit the new projectors.....brackets were made from 0.095" thick aluminum sheet
Mounted the brackets to the projector.....I forgot to do one thing that I wish I did before installing and completing the projector.
What I should have done is treat and prime the brackets before installing them, this way there's a bit more protection from dissimilar metal corrosion....aluminum on steel, not a very good combo, but it should be fine as long as there's no moisture trapped in the housing
Mounted the projector back onto the housing
Tested for horizontal alignment, how I did that was by clamping the housing to the table and adding spacers to get the headlight to sit in the same position as it would be on the truck (took the inner bolt location and measured down as my reference point then took measurements from the other mounting locations, some basic math, then transferred those numbers to the table)
the picture doesn't look like the light was level but I did take a carpenters level to it and it was pretty darn level!
I forgot to take a picture of the XB LED halo's that I put in them.
I siliconed the halo's onto the old halos that came with the lights because when I test fitted the led halo's the old mounting holes for the old halo's were showing. So to get rid of that problem, I simply removed the led's from the old halo's and glued the new ones onto the old and mounted them.
Cleaned the housing and inside lens and cover before baking, baked the headlights at 300F for about 5 minutes.......or so.......then squeezed the two together, attached the clips and screw removed before the mod and then done....on to the wiring....
So I wired up the halo's and LED lights to the parking lights, only because I do have the amber/white dtrl's from Chris (csjumper2003) and they are bright enough that I didn't want to have too much when the daytime running lights were on, also didn't want the halo's blinking everytime I turned my signals on.
Wire loomed everything to keep it a bit neater
mounted the relay beside the battery
the ballasts mounted on the self beside the headlights and the wiring from left side to right side tucked under the trim
The wiring schematic with High Beam splitters (H1 male > H1/9006 female) and the diode location. Sorry the picture is sideways.
before and after pictures of the headlights with csjumper2003's dtrl's
The finished product with projectors on
For headlight removal and install instructions I followed:
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/lig...oval-pics.html but I didn't remove the inner fender cover to get at the lower outer bolt, I simply reached up and around the outside of the fog lights and removed and installed the bolt that way, you gotta do it blind and by feel. This was easy for me since I have to do that daily at work (there are lots of blind tight spots that components are installed in on commercial aircrafts)