Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

1st gen projectors?

Old 08-16-2012, 12:36 PM   #1
puddin67 is a splendid one to beholdpuddin67 is a splendid one to beholdpuddin67 is a splendid one to beholdpuddin67 is a splendid one to beholdpuddin67 is a splendid one to beholdpuddin67 is a splendid one to beholdpuddin67 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Zach
puddin67's Tacoma Gallery
1st gen projectors?

First off, excuse my absense of knowledge, but what the hell does retrofit mean? Second, does anyone know where I can find projectors for my 04?
Old 08-16-2012, 12:45 PM   #2
Casey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant future

Name: Casey
Casey05Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Go here. Theretrofitsource.com. This is usually where everybody, for the past 10 group buys, have taken place from. That and planetHID for more info. You, or somebody you know, will have to install these on your own. They are much better than the ebay projectors.
Old 08-16-2012, 08:35 PM   #5
puddin67 is a splendid one to beholdpuddin67 is a splendid one to beholdpuddin67 is a splendid one to beholdpuddin67 is a splendid one to beholdpuddin67 is a splendid one to beholdpuddin67 is a splendid one to beholdpuddin67 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konaborne View Post
I have a first gen writeup for the projector install
Freakin A, thank you for tellin me or I would've been lost haha. Are you happy with them? And do you think BHLM is a good or bad idea with projectors ?
Old 08-16-2012, 08:38 PM   #6
Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Konaborne's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by puddin67 View Post
Freakin A, thank you for tellin me or I would've been lost haha. Are you happy with them? And do you think BHLM is a good or bad idea with projectors ?
it's actually a good idea

since the projectors are the ones shooting the light, the chrome reflection housings are basically useless, and only contribute glare; doing the BHLM on the chrome would eliminate refracted light from causing glare

im just a lazy motherfucker and dont think BHLM's look good on 98.5-00' models

i LOVE my projectors. I've ran everything from stock to "white" aftermarket halogens to h4 HID's ; projectors blow all of them out of the water
Old 08-16-2012, 08:42 PM   #7

Great, thanks man that helps a lot. Know where to find a write up for a 1st gen BHLM?
Old 08-16-2012, 08:47 PM   #8
bite me
humanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

humanoid's Tacoma Gallery
BHLM won't work with your '04 I don't think. Most of the headlight housing is needed to reflect light onto the road, unlike 2nd gens.
Old 08-16-2012, 08:51 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by humanoid View Post
BHLM won't work with your '04 I don't think. Most of the headlight housing is needed to reflect light onto the road, unlike 2nd gens.
I'll only do BHLM if I get projectors , thanks for the input cause I'd be screwed if I did it with my xenon bulbs haha
Old 08-16-2012, 08:52 PM   #10
Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Konaborne's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by puddin67 View Post
Great, thanks man that helps a lot. Know where to find a write up for a 1st gen BHLM?

Not that I can think of. Of all the 1st gen BHLM's I've seen people buy black housings from ebay then black out the chrome, so they look like this

(1860000mps's truck)

Quote:
Originally Posted by humanoid View Post
not if he's using projectors
Old 08-16-2012, 09:11 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konaborne View Post
Not that I can think of. Of all the 1st gen BHLM's I've seen people buy black housings from ebay then black out the chrome, so they look like this

(1860000mps's truck)

not if he's using projectors
You're the best! Thanks for the help man