Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

New POV/Emergency/Chase Lightbar

Old 08-16-2012, 09:20 PM   #1
Thin Blue Line
ProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
ProForce's Tacoma Gallery
New POV/Emergency/Chase Lightbar

This is my new lightbar. Its made by Speed Tech Lights. Model is the Direction Ace 8. Color Red/Amber/Amber/Amber/Amber/Amber/Amber/Red. Full directional lightbar with 15 available flash patterns, plus directional control (left, right, and center out). Made with a total of 176 Generation III LED's and has a fully weather proof housing with an anti-glare coating on the lens. I mounted it on my bed bar (similar to the Demello bars) and the controller is stashed away in the sunglasses holder. Controller displays flash pattern on the unit as also control auxiliary lighting. The sunglass' holder opens and closes perfect with minor modification that cannot be seen once installation is complete. It stays perfectly in place without any permanent changes. This is only a video for now, but more detailed pics to come tomorrow once I can get some during the day!

EDIT: Also, all 8 lights share a common 12v power source, then each light has its own individual ground which all run to the controller. This is how the patterns are controlled. With that in mind, I'm thinking about taping the 2 outer lights (since they are red) to the brakes. That way when I stop, the two red end lights will light solid regardless of whether the lightbar is on or not. Comments/suggestions on that idea?

And please no speeches on the legality of this light... I am fully aware of CA Penal Code regarding flashing/emergency lights of an color and trust me, I'm not just going to be driving down the freeway with this on. I know when it can/t be used. Thanks and hope you guys like it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G49yzDgr_cQ

Old 08-16-2012, 09:28 PM   #3
Thin Blue Line
ProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACO721 View Post
very nice!
:thumbup:
Old 08-16-2012, 09:30 PM   #4
GO VOLS!
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProForce View Post
:thumbup:
i thought about a small amber for back mostly. just for if i was on the side of road or pulled over to help someone. just so people could see me better.
Old 08-16-2012, 09:44 PM   #6
We can't stop here, this is bat country.
dayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
dayNnite4's Tacoma Gallery
That's fucking sick!!!!! Holy shit
Old 08-16-2012, 11:37 PM   #7
Thin Blue Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACO721 View Post
i thought about a small amber for back mostly. just for if i was on the side of road or pulled over to help someone. just so people could see me better.
I have a small amber/white for sale. Asking $80 picked up $95 shipped. The link is in my signature
Old 08-16-2012, 11:38 PM   #8
Thin Blue Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forster46 View Post
Sweet! Bet that wasn't cheap haha
$193 with tax and shipping. Its worth it for me because I will use it for much more than off-road... I work security and will use this on a regular basis.
Old 08-17-2012, 02:53 PM   #9
Thin Blue Line

Well install is completely finished. I'll get some day time pictures up in a few minutes.

What do you guys recommend for securing the light to prevent theft? Its only 2 standard bolts holding the light to the bar, then more bolts holding the bar to the truck, but anyone can unmount it. Anyone ever used those one way security bolts or anything else yo secure your light bars??
Old 08-17-2012, 05:29 PM   #10
Thin Blue Line

UPDATED WITH LOTS OF PICS