Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Light bar comparison pics and opinions

View Poll Results: Which LOOKS better>
2 Duallys and a single 20 inch bar? 23 82.14%
2 Duallys and two 10 inch bars? 5 17.86%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-25-2012, 02:16 PM   #1
Bartlett18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBartlett18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBartlett18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBartlett18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBartlett18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBartlett18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBartlett18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBartlett18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBartlett18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBartlett18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBartlett18 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Bartlett18's Tacoma Gallery
Light bar comparison pics and opinions

r
Old 08-25-2012, 02:19 PM   #2
PhantomVirus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhantomVirus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhantomVirus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhantomVirus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhantomVirus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhantomVirus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhantomVirus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhantomVirus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhantomVirus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhantomVirus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhantomVirus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: US Army Corps of Engineers - NADENMG
Name: Ron
PhantomVirus's Tacoma Gallery
personally I like the look of this one :two Dually Floods (1300 lumen each) with a 20 inch Hybrid Spot/Flood combo (6300 lumens)

The separation between the light bars I find irritating.....I like the look of a clean single centered bar flanked by Duallys
Old 08-25-2012, 02:25 PM   #3
Banned
Kirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Dave
Kirk1589's Tacoma Gallery
Can you run the dually Floods in the center then the longer ones on the outside?
Old 08-25-2012, 02:57 PM   #4
Alloutdrs1 is a splendid one to beholdAlloutdrs1 is a splendid one to beholdAlloutdrs1 is a splendid one to beholdAlloutdrs1 is a splendid one to beholdAlloutdrs1 is a splendid one to beholdAlloutdrs1 is a splendid one to beholdAlloutdrs1 is a splendid one to beholdAlloutdrs1 is a splendid one to behold

Alloutdrs1's Tacoma Gallery
The 20" with the two dually's looks best, I'm with phantom the separation between the 10" bars looks awkward.
Old 08-25-2012, 06:08 PM   #5
PhantomVirus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhantomVirus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhantomVirus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhantomVirus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhantomVirus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhantomVirus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhantomVirus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhantomVirus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhantomVirus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhantomVirus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhantomVirus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: US Army Corps of Engineers - NADENMG
Name: Ron
PhantomVirus's Tacoma Gallery
Which 20" light bar is that? The SR series is only 3200 lumens, the E series is unlisted.
Is that a 12031 E series? I thought the E series was a double row not single.

How's the throw of the LED alone? I have sh*tload of deer in my area and I really need to illuminate the sides of the road to keep from hitting the furry bastards.

Thx
R
Old 08-25-2012, 06:15 PM   #6
JustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
JustinL's Tacoma Gallery
Duallys with the single 20" look amazing especially in the last pic attached by the OP
Old 09-10-2012, 12:42 PM   #7
Taco Guy11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Guy11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Guy11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Guy11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Guy11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Guy11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Guy11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Guy11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Guy11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Guy11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Guy11 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joe
Taco Guy11's Tacoma Gallery
any pics on how you mounted this set up i think its sweet and been messing with the idea of ditching my bull bar but still wanted extra lights and i really like your idea. love the ridged bars
Old 09-11-2012, 01:39 PM   #8
New guy
Ryan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic/ff reserve
Name: Ryan
Ryan DCFS's Tacoma Gallery
I think it looks much cleaner with the dual floods and single 20" bar.

How are you going to switch it? All on with one switch, or floods on one, bar(s) on another?

Also, a 20" light bar is going to have fewer mounting options than two 10" bars, so using the larger bar in the bumper gives you more flexibility with mounting the 10's in other spots.

I know it doesn't apply to you, but I really like the idea of mounting your exact 10" bar in the hood scoop... as was done here.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...scoop-mod.html

I know some people don't like the idea of a light in the scoop but IMO it turned out really well, and eventually I will end up doing it.

I think your setup with the 2 floods and the 20" in the bumper, and a 10" in a hood scoop would be an insane amount of light.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomVirus View Post
Which 20" light bar is that? The SR series is only 3200 lumens, the E series is unlisted.
Is that a 12031 E series? I thought the E series was a double row not single.

How's the throw of the LED alone? I have sh*tload of deer in my area and I really need to illuminate the sides of the road to keep from hitting the furry bastards.

Thx
R

This is a video from the thread I linked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkfoote View Post

This is using the same 10" light bar as OP (only one). There are two SR series 10" bars, the Specter (15 LED's/5200+ lumen) and the Hybrid (10 LED's/3200 lumen). OP and the video are using the Specter.

The video shows you stock low beams, low+fog, low+fog+10" Specter, stock highs, and highs+ Specter.

Also from that thread...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkfoote View Post
The specter series (or driving series) does a great job at filling in the sides. This particular light doesn't throw quite as far as my high beams (by design), but certainly lights up everything in between. I am able to see many more deer on the sides of the road now .

I think just a single specter would illuminate the sides enough for you, however you need to keep in mind your local laws... I know in CA and many other states, "off road" lights can't be used on public roads.
Old 09-12-2012, 05:26 AM   #9
Taco Guy11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Guy11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Guy11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Guy11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Guy11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Guy11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Guy11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Guy11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Guy11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Guy11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Guy11 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartlett18 View Post
Absolutely! Which set up are you interested in... the 20 or two 10s? I have install instructions for both... similar, but different.

Barrett
I def want to put on the duallys but I like the 20" bar the best. Thanks in advance for instructions and pictures of how there mounted
Old 09-16-2012, 10:29 AM   #10

Thanks I been thinking about ditching my bull bar but didnt kno if I would go with a light bar I like how this keeps everything simple. I dunno if I would put the 20" bar or even the two 10"s I think I may just try out the duallys I know you have drawn diagrams but could u maybe take pics back inside to see how things look thanks
Old 09-17-2012, 03:51 PM   #11
jel231 is on a distinguished road

Name: Jordan
jel231's Tacoma Gallery
The 20" looks great. I would like to add that to my 2012!
Old 09-17-2012, 04:28 PM   #12
tacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Luis
tacomonazul's Tacoma Gallery
2 DUALLYS 1 20 INCH LED BAR
Old 09-17-2012, 07:03 PM   #13
Poynter001 is on a distinguished road
Poynter001's Tacoma Gallery
Who makes these lights??
Old 04-04-2014, 06:38 PM   #14
Outdoorsman
Fireman1 is on a distinguished road
Firefighter:
Name: Cody