Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Morimoto Mini D2S Retrofit(finally satisfied)

Old 09-08-2012, 02:12 AM   #1
Do. Or do not. There is no try. -Master Yoda
adio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 740TH Combat Support Company
adio's Tacoma Gallery
Morimoto Mini D2S Retrofit(finally satisfied)

completed my retrofit a couple weeks ago. love the light output but I wasn't really satisfied with the light housing it was in. I love the stock look, so I went ahead and just transfer the projectors in a pair of OEM TRD Sport headlights. I love the look of it, very satisfield here, and it's gratifying to see the work that I've done.

this was the ebay headlights that I first used for the retro. you could see that it's smoke, but in person it's a little darker.

and here's my finally completed retro. loving it . light output pics coming soon. tell me what you guys think.

painted my shield red to have that red cool effect haha

Old 09-08-2012, 07:14 AM   #2
Woods & Water Edition
REDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedREDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedREDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedREDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedREDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedREDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedREDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedREDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedREDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedREDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedREDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
REDTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good bro!
Old 09-08-2012, 11:01 AM   #3
Rascal737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRascal737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRascal737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRascal737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRascal737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRascal737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRascal737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRascal737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRascal737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRascal737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRascal737 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oliver
Rascal737's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good man...I agree with you on the first set of headlights...looks too dark on your silver taco...now I know what to do with mine!! Thanks
Old 09-08-2012, 01:02 PM   #4
adio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shed

adio's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by REDTRD View Post
Looks good bro!
Thanks man. Saw your retro too, looking good there.
Old 09-08-2012, 01:06 PM   #5

adio's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rascal737 View Post
Looks good man...I agree with you on the first set of headlights...looks too dark on your silver taco...now I know what to do with mine!! Thanks
thanks man. that was my first mistake, going aftermarket. ran to a few issue on those aftermarket housing. so for those of you who's gonna go this route, I highly suggest sticking with OEM.
Old 09-08-2012, 01:30 PM   #6
Rascal737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRascal737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRascal737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRascal737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRascal737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRascal737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRascal737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRascal737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRascal737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRascal737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRascal737 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oliver
Rascal737's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by adio View Post
Thanks man. Saw your retro too, looking good there.
Thanks dude...now time to retrofit my stocks
Old 09-11-2012, 02:33 AM   #7

adio's Tacoma Gallery
projector output shots

finally got the chance to take some output pics. pics doesn't really justify how nice it really is in person. excuse the plant, my stall is in front of it haha. it ain't perfect but it is the easy to install mini D2S(TRS). let me know what you guys think. bulbs are 6000K, pure white. sooo nice

drivers view.

zoom in from driver side.

highs.
Old 09-11-2012, 10:53 AM   #9

adio's Tacoma Gallery
^^ thanks man. so worth it. none of that blinding HID crap ricers got haha
Old 09-11-2012, 11:53 AM   #10
Khmer Member
tacowestley is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacowestley is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacowestley is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacowestley is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacowestley is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacowestley is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacowestley is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacowestley is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacowestley is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacowestley is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacowestley is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Wes
tacowestley's Tacoma Gallery
So it was easy to install huh? Im thinking of getting some myself!
Old 09-11-2012, 12:02 PM   #11
TRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Bill
TRD6Speed's Tacoma Gallery
I like them as well.......I did a BHLM which came out nice but I've wanted to do some projectors for a bit. Although I have a blue/black them going I like the stock headlights on our trucks and the projector looks very nice and almost stock itself inside there.

Well done OP and I def agree that the new ones go with your truck better. The originals would look sick on my truck though
Old 09-11-2012, 12:11 PM   #12

adio's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacowestley View Post
So it was easy to install huh? Im thinking of getting some myself!
honestly, yes. it's worth it. light output is a hundred times better than stock. go for it man
Old 09-11-2012, 12:14 PM   #13

adio's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRD6Speed View Post
I like them as well.......I did a BHLM which came out nice but I've wanted to do some projectors for a bit. Although I have a blue/black them going I like the stock headlights on our trucks and the projector looks very nice and almost stock itself inside there.

Well done OP and I def agree that the new ones go with your truck better. The originals would look sick on my truck though
thanks man. I ended up giving those away to someone who had a black Taco, should match fairly with that color.
Old 09-11-2012, 12:38 PM   #14
golfpro510 is just really nicegolfpro510 is just really nicegolfpro510 is just really nicegolfpro510 is just really nice

golfpro510's Tacoma Gallery
Omg at the first set all black....I want them.
Old 09-11-2012, 12:45 PM   #15

adio's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfpro510 View Post
Omg at the first set all black....I want them.
haha sorry man, they're gone. given them away locally
Old 09-11-2012, 12:58 PM   #16
golfpro510 is just really nicegolfpro510 is just really nicegolfpro510 is just really nicegolfpro510 is just really nice

I saw that. That sucks. I'm not brave enough to take my headlights apart. I need someone in NC that knows how to do that.
Old 09-11-2012, 01:12 PM   #17
Woods & Water Edition
REDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedREDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedREDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedREDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedREDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedREDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedREDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedREDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedREDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedREDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedREDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
REDTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I saw that. That sucks. I'm not brave enough to take my headlights apart. I need someone in NC that knows how to do that.
*cough cough* look at my gallery I just did mine last week
Old 09-11-2012, 03:04 PM   #18

adio's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
that's how I felt before doing the mod. that's why I went with mini D2S from TRS. little to no modification at all, and it came out pretty well. do it man. you have the support of TW community
Old 09-11-2012, 05:18 PM   #19

By support you mean terrible influences on the wallet. Lol I got ya.
Old 09-11-2012, 07:25 PM   #20
Policy Ninja
tango down is one of the sharper tools in the shedtango down is one of the sharper tools in the shedtango down is one of the sharper tools in the shedtango down is one of the sharper tools in the shedtango down is one of the sharper tools in the shedtango down is one of the sharper tools in the shedtango down is one of the sharper tools in the shedtango down is one of the sharper tools in the shedtango down is one of the sharper tools in the shedtango down is one of the sharper tools in the shedtango down is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: jeff
tango down's Tacoma Gallery
adio, that is a sick retrofit! Probably the best I have seen. Of course with your meshed out grill (satoshi?) and the silver paint....mouth watering.