Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

those headlights

Old 01-14-2009, 05:30 PM   #1
Banned
Lentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
those headlights

The headlights that look like stock but the chrome is the same color as the truck.... like on ebay. well i ve been looking for them for a while and they dont have my color.. where ele would they have them.
Old 01-14-2009, 05:41 PM   #2
668: The Neighbor of the Beast
Toy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
Toy4Life's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lentsnh View Post
The headlights that look like stock but the chrome is the same color as the truck.... like on ebay. well i ve been looking for them for a while and they dont have my color.. where ele would they have them.
At your house after you've finished making them. Alot of people have done that mod themselves. It's the "black headlight mod", but in whatever color you choose.
Old 01-14-2009, 05:49 PM   #3
Banned
Lentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah but to me i think its a little sketchy heating lights and pulling apart the factory sealant
Old 01-14-2009, 05:58 PM   #4
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yeah but to me i think its a little sketchy heating lights and pulling apart the factory sealant
thats the way they are doing it though. u might be able to get someone on here that does them well make u a set...
Old 01-14-2009, 06:33 PM   #5
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Name: Mike
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
not sketchy at all -- pretty easy... once you get past the fact that you're baking your headlights...

but really... it's so easy a caveman could do it...
Old 01-14-2009, 06:37 PM   #6
668: The Neighbor of the Beast
Toy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
Toy4Life's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DelmarvaTaco View Post
... it's so easy a caveman could do it...
Old 01-14-2009, 06:54 PM   #8
Banned
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
so if i follow those directions on the BHLM exactly there wont be any problems?
Old 01-14-2009, 06:55 PM   #9
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
nope....and the key is to turn the oven OFF when u put the lights in
Old 01-14-2009, 06:56 PM   #10
Low and slow
dually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 14S
dually's Tacoma Gallery
As long as you dont mess up
Old 01-14-2009, 07:01 PM   #11
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
correct...

1. Read the directions first.
2. Follow all of the directions.
3. Take your time.
4. Wear gloves
5. Seal it back well.
Old 01-14-2009, 07:08 PM   #12
Banned
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
silicone caulk? will it work well?
Old 01-14-2009, 07:09 PM   #13
Banned
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhodge83 View Post
nope....and the key is to turn the oven OFF when u put the lights in
I highlighted that when i copied and pasted into Word thats the first thing i did
Old 01-14-2009, 07:10 PM   #14
Banned
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
What spray paint color would match Indigo Ink...... NAvy blue
Old 01-14-2009, 07:11 PM   #15
Mayor of TW

Quote:
silicone caulk? will it work well?
that's what I used for mine... of course... mine started condensing when I moved to high humidity climate.. hmm...

GE Silicone II should work for ya... (make sure you buy the clear... )
Old 01-14-2009, 07:14 PM   #16
Mayor of TW

Quote:
What spray paint color would match Indigo Ink...... NAvy blue
you're going to want to buy the factory color from places like oempaints.com

Getting it kind of close is going to look like ass -- get the right paint. The paint code is located on your drivers door jamb.
Old 01-14-2009, 07:14 PM   #17
Banned
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
HA I have plenty of that left over from when my house was being built. im guessing it would be better to do it in the winter/ fall
Old 01-14-2009, 07:27 PM   #18
Mayor of TW

Quote:
HA I have plenty of that left over from when my house was being built. im guessing it would be better to do it in the winter/ fall
took me a second to realize what you were talking about... lol
Old 01-14-2009, 07:37 PM   #19
Banned
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
haha caulk. excuse me lol
Old 01-15-2009, 12:11 PM   #20
RDAY is on a distinguished road
RDAY's Tacoma Gallery
does anyone have any pics of these matching your trucks