Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

HID ISSUE WITH DDM TUNING

Old 09-14-2012, 05:28 AM   #1
MaloneS is on a distinguished road

Name: Steven
MaloneS's Tacoma Gallery
HID ISSUE WITH DDM TUNING

Ordered my HID conversion from DDM Tuning; took about 2 weeks ($90). Installed them and the lights worked great for about 30 minutes worth until one of my ballasts went out. Contacted customer service and they told me submit online, which I did that before I called, because here in TX they give out citations for a headlight out. Still no response from them after 2 days. Almost want to go stock again and get rid of these Chinese pos!! Anyone know of a quality HID conversion kit? Not one that breaks after less than 30 minute of use.
Old 09-14-2012, 05:42 AM   #2
My pee parts itch
dexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dexterdog's Tacoma Gallery
Unfortunately you had to learn the hard way. www.theretrofitsource.com is where it is at and look into doing it right with some projectors.
Old 09-14-2012, 06:18 AM   #5
The Sticker Guy
ruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ruggedT's Tacoma Gallery
I dont understand how people blow ballasts so fast... I have 6 sets of hids from them with zero problems. Set in my fogs is over 5 years old. The other is on a rattle trap v-twin bike
Old 09-14-2012, 06:46 AM   #6

MaloneS's Tacoma Gallery
My friend has the same kit and hasn't had any problems yet; but I'm going to give him mine. I heard some good reviews (instead of retrofit); from xtreme hid's from Phillips. www.kbcarstuff.com.
Old 09-16-2012, 07:39 PM   #7
monsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

monsterkx2fiddy's Tacoma Gallery
doyyy. i was going ot buy a set right now but you just made me newvous
Old 09-16-2012, 07:42 PM   #8
This is my derpawayinator!!!!!
NelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NelsonTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by monsterkx2fiddy View Post
doyyy. i was going ot buy a set right now but you just made me newvous
Don't be. I've had mine for over a year and half. No issues. They work every time.
Old 09-16-2012, 07:44 PM   #9
Be Good or Be Good At It
cjimenRR is a splendid one to beholdcjimenRR is a splendid one to beholdcjimenRR is a splendid one to beholdcjimenRR is a splendid one to beholdcjimenRR is a splendid one to beholdcjimenRR is a splendid one to beholdcjimenRR is a splendid one to behold

cjimenRR's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to cjimenRR
Don't they have a lifetime warranty? I just got a pair from slimcubby on here also which is a pretty good kit
Old 09-16-2012, 07:59 PM   #11
Dafuq
Who Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ricky
Who Dat Popcorn's Tacoma Gallery
I've had 4 HID kits from DDM, and never had an issue except for once when one of my bulbs didn't work. I called them and whole RMA process took about a day. I received my replacement within a week and I'm all the way here in VA.
Old 09-16-2012, 09:00 PM   #12

MaloneS's Tacoma Gallery
Been 5 days now and haven't heard squat
Old 09-16-2012, 09:30 PM   #14
808 Zombie Outbreak Tactical Response Team K9 Unit
DJSPEC is a name known to allDJSPEC is a name known to allDJSPEC is a name known to allDJSPEC is a name known to allDJSPEC is a name known to allDJSPEC is a name known to all

Name: Sean
DJSPEC's Tacoma Gallery
I had to learn the hard way too. i was using DDM for a few years and they never gave me any problems. Until they failed after i installed them in my girlfriends truck.

Good luck bro!
Old 09-17-2012, 12:12 AM   #15
Do. Or do not. There is no try. -Master Yoda
adio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 740TH Combat Support Company
adio's Tacoma Gallery
retrofit is the way to go. get your money's worth bro
Old 09-17-2012, 12:47 AM   #16
Very nice how much?
Forster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Firefighter/EMT
Name: Nick
Forster46's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to Forster46
As far as replacing their shit, DDM always comes through. As far as their customer service, kinda needs improvement. If one of my bulbs goes out I wouldn't have a replacement for about two weeks.
Old 09-17-2012, 07:40 PM   #17

MaloneS's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack_5150 View Post
Ur not including weekends are ya?

Ddm is generally the suck for warranties, but if ur counting weekend days, that's not entirely accurate.

If its 5 workdays, then that's some bs alright.

Good luck either way.
No weekends, just business days. I am never using them again, I will look in to retrofit or xtreme hids.