Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Backlit Toyota Grill Logo Mod

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-17-2012, 04:11 PM   #21
The Blue Warrior
ToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Shay
ToyotaKTMracing's Tacoma Gallery
Well I just drove right after a rain storm. Still going strong. It's in a spot where barely any water goes, but I still want to waterproof it.
Old 09-21-2012, 05:05 PM   #23
the habs fan
bulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joe
bulhas's Tacoma Gallery
Lol

Behind a "Raptor" grill

Mines not legal to drive with it on
Attached Thumbnails
Backlit Toyota Grill Logo Mod-uploadfromtaptalk1348272268923.jpg  
Old 09-22-2012, 10:22 AM   #24
The Blue Warrior
ToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulhas View Post
Lol

Behind a "Raptor" grill

Mines not legal to drive with it on
Sweet! And I can see why. Haha
Old 09-22-2012, 10:39 AM   #26
The Blue Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amo-cat3 View Post
How did you cut the plexiglass?
I used a belt saw, but you can even use a dremel or something of that nature.
Old 09-24-2012, 08:54 AM   #27
Oregon Edition
RAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ross
RAPR's Tacoma Gallery
I thought about doing this before but never got around to it. I also have this same type of idea for my two bed cubbies.

Good job man!!!!
Old 09-24-2012, 08:55 AM   #28
Oregon Edition
RAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ross
RAPR's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyotaKTMracing View Post
Well I just drove right after a rain storm. Still going strong. It's in a spot where barely any water goes, but I still want to waterproof it.
Could probably cover the led panel with GE clear silicone II.
Old 09-24-2012, 02:48 PM   #29
The Blue Warrior

Now just to have time to silicone it. I'm busy during the week and even more busy on weekends. Hmmmm
Old 09-24-2012, 05:08 PM   #30
The Blue Warrior

Quote:
It's white and our laws here you're allowed to have running lights no higher than the headlights. But it isn't really bright. Just looks like it because of the pic.
Went to the store and got some gas tonight and passed 4 different cops and 2 of them were stopped by the road trying to catch people speeding. None of them pulled me over for having this light on. So far so good. State cops too.
Old 10-03-2012, 05:47 PM   #31
jw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jason
jw1983's Tacoma Gallery
That's a cool mod, I like it. I wouldn't mind doing something like this on my truck. I would do a red, a darker red like my truck.

I don't think that you're going to be bothered by cops. The color is white, not red or blue. It's not flashing/pulsing and distracting other drivers that are coming towards you.
Old 10-03-2012, 05:48 PM   #32
The Blue Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by jw1983 View Post
That's a cool mod, I like it. I wouldn't mind doing something like this on my truck. I would do a red, a darker red like my truck.

I don't think that you're going to be bothered by cops. The color is white, not red or blue. It's not flashing/pulsing and distracting other drivers that are coming towards you.
Exactly. And do it! Just make sure yours is switched if it's red so you don't get pulled over
Old 10-06-2012, 10:15 AM   #33
808UpFront is on a distinguished road

808UpFront's Tacoma Gallery
Nice Job and cool mod! Does the led need to be that far away from the front piece of plexi? Could it be closer, like an inch or less or does that affect the light distribution? Looks cool.
Old 10-06-2012, 05:32 PM   #34
The Blue Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 808UpFront View Post
Nice Job and cool mod! Does the led need to be that far away from the front piece of plexi? Could it be closer, like an inch or less or does that affect the light distribution? Looks cool.
It could be closer, but I recommend it to be that far away since it spreads the light on the plexi glass better.
Old 10-06-2012, 05:47 PM   #35
Slow as shit. Cute as Hell.
Steves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
Steves104x4's Tacoma Gallery
Nice. I love it!
Old 10-06-2012, 06:07 PM   #36
The Blue Warrior

Thanks! I still need a better picture of it. It looks better when there isn't a glare
Old 10-16-2012, 06:04 PM   #39
Tacoma TSS
dalesrn is one of the sharper tools in the sheddalesrn is one of the sharper tools in the sheddalesrn is one of the sharper tools in the sheddalesrn is one of the sharper tools in the sheddalesrn is one of the sharper tools in the sheddalesrn is one of the sharper tools in the sheddalesrn is one of the sharper tools in the sheddalesrn is one of the sharper tools in the sheddalesrn is one of the sharper tools in the sheddalesrn is one of the sharper tools in the sheddalesrn is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dale
dalesrn's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Anyone do this mod yet or planning to?
Considering it. Could you please post completed pics including the LED panel and wiring? Where did you get the LED panel from? What was your total cost for the mod?
Old 10-16-2012, 06:49 PM   #40
The Blue Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalesrn View Post
Considering it. Could you please post completed pics including the LED panel and wiring? Where did you get the LED panel from? What was your total cost for the mod?
I'll try to get a picture soon. I had the plexi glass and wires already. I paid just for the led panel. The led panel link is in the OP

Products Discussed in this Thread