Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Backlit Toyota Grill Logo Mod

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-17-2012, 12:15 AM   #41
battlezone is on a distinguished road
battlezone's Tacoma Gallery
i was wondering if you could also show how you wired it up to a switch in switch panel and i was also wondering if there was a way to have it come on with you turn the lights on? or at least turn off when you turn the lights off (like the factory foglights) or at least direct me to some links to show me how to do that.
Old 10-17-2012, 01:59 PM   #42
The Blue Warrior
ToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Shay
ToyotaKTMracing's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by battlezone View Post
i was wondering if you could also show how you wired it up to a switch in switch panel and i was also wondering if there was a way to have it come on with you turn the lights on? or at least turn off when you turn the lights off (like the factory foglights) or at least direct me to some links to show me how to do that.
I just have a switch in my cab. There is a few threads on here that show you how. Search to see if you can find them. And to make them go on and off with your lights, hook the positive wire to the headlight fuse in the cab.
Old 10-18-2012, 11:42 PM   #43
battlezone is on a distinguished road
battlezone's Tacoma Gallery
i am having trouble finding links showing me steps on how to wire in custom lights into the factory system and then how to wire the lights switch into the switch panel in the dashboard. could someone please direct me to some links if they know where they are? or to some good tutorials.
Old 05-29-2013, 11:48 AM   #45
I like turtlessss
cflks411 is on a distinguished road

Army: 1st Cav
Name: Kris
cflks411's Tacoma Gallery
Id like to see how you did the switch and what not...not very electronic savy even though im sure its simple.
Old 06-06-2013, 08:35 PM   #46
The Blue Warrior
ToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by cflks411 View Post
Id like to see how you did the switch and what not...not very electronic savy even though im sure its simple.
Can't really get a picture of it. I just wired a switch in the cab and ran the wire through the firewall into the engine bay to the battery. It's a 3 prong switch which has a light in it so I took 1 wire and grounded it to the frame, the power wire to the battery, and the accessory wire to the light. Then I grounded the negative wire on the light as well. Sorry if that's hard to understand because it's hard to explain. Haha
Old 01-29-2014, 10:39 PM   #47
PDX Champ is on a distinguished road

Army: SGT OR Army NG FA
PDX Champ's Tacoma Gallery
I got a very similar mod done, but my led light was enclosed and the box was blacked out so that the light doesn't go back and light up the radiator.

Old 01-30-2014, 08:35 PM   #48
The Blue Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDX Champ View Post
I got a very similar mod done, but my led light was enclosed and the box was blacked out so that the light doesn't go back and light up the radiator.

Well thread revival! Lol. That's sweet. Even though I kind of liked how the radiator was kind of lit up, but that way is more clean.
Old 01-31-2014, 09:49 PM   #49
PDX Champ is on a distinguished road

Army: SGT OR Army NG FA
PDX Champ's Tacoma Gallery
I just got my Taco, so I'm checking out all the posts for ideas. I wasn't trying to down the lit up radiator, just throwing out another idea.
Old 02-01-2014, 08:50 PM   #50
Treaddirt is on a distinguished road
Treaddirt's Tacoma Gallery
PDX Champ; what lights did you use and where did you get them. Also did you make your enclosure or buy it? Thank..
Old 02-03-2014, 08:30 AM   #51
Professional bear handler
MTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
MTopp's Tacoma Gallery
Nice, subd
Old 02-13-2014, 06:10 PM   #52
MTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MTopp's Tacoma Gallery
When I do this mod I'll post pics. I'm just going to use it when I feel like it because no doubt its gonna look awesome. Going to use flexible amber LED from oznium.com
Old 02-28-2014, 09:20 AM   #53
Rob the Russian is on a distinguished road

Name: Rob
Rob the Russian's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyotaKTMracing View Post
Can't really get a picture of it. I just wired a switch in the cab and ran the wire through the firewall into the engine bay to the battery. It's a 3 prong switch which has a light in it so I took 1 wire and grounded it to the frame, the power wire to the battery, and the accessory wire to the light. Then I grounded the negative wire on the light as well. Sorry if that's hard to understand because it's hard to explain. Haha
i really want to do this but i cant seem to wrap my head around how to hook the leds up.
Old 02-28-2014, 09:29 AM   #54

MTopp's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob the Russian View Post
i really want to do this but i cant seem to wrap my head around how to hook the leds up.
I will try and take some pictures to explain how to do this when I can and post them here, as long as OP is ok with it. This is very easy for me now, but at first I'd have been confused also. I'll do this when I have time to work on my truck and its not freezing cold outside
Old 03-19-2014, 08:38 PM   #55
Alaska45 is on a distinguished road

Name: Colt
Alaska45's Tacoma Gallery
I did it! After like 3-4 days of wiring and a bad switch i got it.

You can just call me Red Iron Man. I did everything you did but with a red led pannel. Thanks for the awesome idea man!
Old 03-20-2014, 09:39 AM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaska45 View Post
I did it! After like 3-4 days of wiring and a bad switch i got it.

You can just call me Red Iron Man. I did everything you did but with a red led pannel. Thanks for the awesome idea man!
can you post a picture of how you did the wiring?
Old 03-20-2014, 09:46 AM   #57

Yeah when I get home ill upload a few
Old 03-20-2014, 10:48 AM   #58

Quote:
can you post a picture of how you did the wiring?

Im waiting for a new switch right now but i couldnt wait that long to try it out so I went out and bought this little guy
That is just positive/negative wired down through this
And pops out right here

Then from there I just ran along the side and to a relay

The relay is the positive from the switch goes to pin 87, the negative or ground goes to 85(then from 85 to solid earth ground i just put it where j screwed my relay on), then a wire from 30 to the battery
And once thats all done all i did was take the positive from the led and hook it to pin 86 on the relay and grounded the negative
If you have any questions please ask I knew i needed some help when I did it.
Old 03-21-2014, 09:23 AM   #59

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaska45 View Post
Im waiting for a new switch right now but i couldnt wait that long to try it out so I went out and bought this little guy
That is just positive/negative wired down through this
And pops out right here

Then from there I just ran along the side and to a relay

The relay is the positive from the switch goes to pin 87, the negative or ground goes to 85(then from 85 to solid earth ground i just put it where j screwed my relay on), then a wire from 30 to the battery
And once thats all done all i did was take the positive from the led and hook it to pin 86 on the relay and grounded the negative
If you have any questions please ask I knew i needed some help when I did it.
Thank you so much. i cant wait to try it!
Old 03-21-2014, 09:28 AM   #60

Quote:
Thank you so much. i cant wait to try it!

Yeah no problem, let me know how it goes!

Products Discussed in this Thread