Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

new grill and lights

Old 01-15-2009, 09:08 PM   #1
branct06 has a spectacular aura aboutbranct06 has a spectacular aura about
Name: Thomas
branct06's Tacoma Gallery
new grill and lights

So I saw on here someone who put hella 500 lights behind their grill, i liked it so much i had to do it myself. My grillcraft grill comes in tomorrow and i already have the hella 500 lights, can anyone give me any tips before i start my project??
Old 01-16-2009, 10:23 PM   #2
G-Sak is just really niceG-Sak is just really niceG-Sak is just really niceG-Sak is just really niceG-Sak is just really nice

G-Sak's Tacoma Gallery
I used 1-1/2" x 1/8" flat bar to reinforce my grill surround. I don't have the Hellas behind my grillcraft, but I do have the PIAA 80 Racing driving lights. The flat bar does a pretty good job creating a solid anchor for the lights and I am happy with it so far. Good luck! There are some pictures of similar installs on this forum if you need reference.
Old 01-16-2009, 11:30 PM   #3
CAdiveTaco is just really niceCAdiveTaco is just really niceCAdiveTaco is just really niceCAdiveTaco is just really nice

CAdiveTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by branct06 View Post
So I saw on here someone who put hella 500 lights behind their grill, i liked it so much i had to do it myself. My grillcraft grill comes in tomorrow and i already have the hella 500 lights, can anyone give me any tips before i start my project??
What did you pay for your Grillcraft? I found one locally from a fellow Taco owner that never installed it for and they are selling it for $130 still in the box.
Old 01-17-2009, 11:27 AM   #4
There's an evil monkey in my truck
Evil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Tradevman (flight simulator tech), Aviation Electrician (F-14a), Computer Scientist(civ)
Name: Robert
Evil Monkey's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAdiveTaco View Post
What did you pay for your Grillcraft? I found one locally from a fellow Taco owner that never installed it for and they are selling it for $130 still in the box.
I paid $130 in a group buy on TN.