Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

tail light tint - Review/opinion?

Old 09-24-2012, 02:22 PM   #1
D44boy is on a distinguished road
D44boy's Tacoma Gallery
tail light tint - Review/opinion?

Anyone have any experience with these, or anything similar?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/05-12-TOYOTA...6ae44b&vxp=mtr
These are way cheaper than the vinyl-x brand and any smoke taillight online, but dunno about ease of use/quality. I don't want to Nightshade my lights, as I like to have the option to go back to stock if I have law trouble with these. FYI I plan to get the lighter 35%, not the 20% that they show.

I saw that 2 have been sold by this company in the past 2 weeks, and was hoping it was someone from tacomaworld.
Old 09-24-2012, 05:20 PM   #2
Bah Humshit!
brian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Work and Fly on the Four Fans of Freedom
brian's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to brian
FYI, two shades of Nightshades is perfect IMO. That stuff you're looking at will eventually fade. Nightshades can be removed with polish or light sandpaper. Plastic is really easy to work with.
Old 03-10-2013, 05:26 PM   #3
bgb9 is on a distinguished road
Name: Brandon
bgb9's Tacoma Gallery
I was looking at these also. did you end up getting these?
Old 04-13-2013, 10:10 PM   #4
Wiskid1
wiskid1 is on a distinguished road

Navy: USS Mt. Hood AE-29
Name: Robert
wiskid1's Tacoma Gallery
Did anybody try these? If so, are they any good? Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Old 04-13-2013, 10:19 PM   #5
subaru of america
rickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Ricky
rickmeseke's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiskid1 View Post
Did anybody try these? If so, are they any good? Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
i didnt try THAT exact brand, but on my old honda i picked up some left over scrap tint from the local tint shop (i dont remember the %), and put it on myself, got the job done and just peeled it off when tired of it, but then i traded in and got the taco and used VHT
Old 04-13-2013, 11:58 PM   #6
dsrtne1 will become famous soon enough

Name: Michael
dsrtne1's Tacoma Gallery
I bought a whole sheet of the stuff on ebay and it turned out pretty good. It requires a lot of patience and a heat gun. Use the heat gun to stretch out the vinyl over the curves. I had to stretch it quite a bit to get rid of bubbles and creases so I wouldn't bother getting the precut stuff since you'll end up shaping it yourself anyways.
Old 04-14-2013, 02:43 PM   #7
Wiskid1
wiskid1 is on a distinguished road

Navy: USS Mt. Hood AE-29
Name: Robert
wiskid1's Tacoma Gallery
Guys, thanks for your input.