LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

LEDs (Lights) Made Easy: Interior & Exterior

Old 06-23-2009, 11:03 AM   #21
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
I had some for the license plate. Never lasted long. Went back with factory. Not wanting to be pulled over for silly stuff like that. Also tried a bunch of these on the old 82 yota. Blinkers were OK but blinked faster if all 4 weren't done because of the lesser voltage on the relay. Brake lights were not bright enough for me to feel safe, even with 40 led tails/stop. front corner markers were OK. Dome was OK. Got bulbs from super bright & autoillumination & quality was pretty much the same.
Old 07-08-2009, 08:16 PM   #22
Freeriderz is on a distinguished road
Name: adam
Freeriderz's Tacoma Gallery
have you done the brake light on the back/top of the cab??
Old 10-07-2009, 02:57 PM   #24
Dreamer
TexasBlue has much to be proud ofTexasBlue has much to be proud ofTexasBlue has much to be proud ofTexasBlue has much to be proud ofTexasBlue has much to be proud ofTexasBlue has much to be proud ofTexasBlue has much to be proud ofTexasBlue has much to be proud ofTexasBlue has much to be proud ofTexasBlue has much to be proud of

Name: Kellan
TexasBlue's Tacoma Gallery
Great post. This is a good bit of reference for those looking to do LED mods. One other suggestion I might make is using the Oznium 25 LED product for the dome:

http://www.oznium.com/led-domelight/

I just ordered the parts for the dome (Oznium), map, and license plate (both superbrightled's) and will post up some pictures once I get them installed.
Old 10-07-2009, 09:25 PM   #25
Viet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Viet
Viet2100's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Viet2100

http://www.sylvania.com/ConsumerProd...lacementGuide/
Old 02-09-2010, 03:06 PM   #27
C17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 1A2 701 AS Charleston AFB, SC
Name: Dennis
C17Guy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by taco5113 View Post
what i was asking is how do you get access to the map light bulbs so i can replace with led...look everywhere no luck...thanks
x2 I just ordered the map lights, dome lights, and third brake lights. Any instructions on taking apart the map and dome?
Old 02-12-2010, 08:31 AM   #28
"Mark It Zero"
Agent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Sergeant, 0261
Agent475's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by C17Guy View Post
x2 I just ordered the map lights, dome lights, and third brake lights. Any instructions on taking apart the map and dome?

First, I ordered from superbrightleds.com and WOW - SUPER FAST SHIPPING (even during the DC blizzard). Got them in about 3 days.

As far as taking apart the map and dome, just use a flat tipped screw driver. I used a papertowel to pad the tip... Just gently pop off the lense covers and there you go. The map lights are a little difficult to get out, but be patient - they will come out.

Nonetheless, the RED leds I purchased were much brighter than my previous red bulb covers I picked up at Pep Boys.
Old 02-12-2010, 08:42 AM   #29
doug355r is a glorious beacon of lightdoug355r is a glorious beacon of lightdoug355r is a glorious beacon of lightdoug355r is a glorious beacon of lightdoug355r is a glorious beacon of lightdoug355r is a glorious beacon of light

doug355r's Tacoma Gallery

Lets see some pics!!!
Old 02-12-2010, 10:23 AM   #30
thedude5108 is on a distinguished road
Name: Jamie
thedude5108's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by doug355r View Post

Lets see some pics!!!
x2
Old 04-30-2010, 10:06 PM   #31
UG legend wannabe
snowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rob
snowgod06's Tacoma Gallery
anyone know whats looks just white? i orders a 48led dome and want to know if cool white, natural white, or warm white will match. Anyone have an idea?
Old 04-30-2010, 10:09 PM   #32
You think I was rollin out here naked?
ToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: MA
ToucanV13's Tacoma Gallery
Subd for later
Old 05-01-2010, 11:04 AM   #33
Jimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud of

Name: Jim
Jimmyjohn's Tacoma Gallery
Great Idea Thanks for going all the work for me!
Old 05-17-2010, 11:21 PM   #34
It's a work in progress.
LeadFootCaliKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadFootCaliKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadFootCaliKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadFootCaliKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadFootCaliKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadFootCaliKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadFootCaliKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadFootCaliKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadFootCaliKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadFootCaliKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadFootCaliKid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
LeadFootCaliKid's Tacoma Gallery
Very helpful. I would have never figured it out on my own.
I just ordered map/dome, license plate, and reverse lights. And I ordered their shnazzy cig. lighter flashlight. I'm excited.
Old 05-19-2010, 09:56 AM   #35
Minimum Wage!
cdikkers is one of the sharper tools in the shedcdikkers is one of the sharper tools in the shedcdikkers is one of the sharper tools in the shedcdikkers is one of the sharper tools in the shedcdikkers is one of the sharper tools in the shedcdikkers is one of the sharper tools in the shedcdikkers is one of the sharper tools in the shedcdikkers is one of the sharper tools in the shedcdikkers is one of the sharper tools in the shedcdikkers is one of the sharper tools in the shedcdikkers is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Casey
cdikkers's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to cdikkers Send a message via Yahoo to cdikkers Send a message via Skype™ to cdikkers
I got some amber T13X6 wedge bulbs from Superbright and they fit right into my parking lights. I also got some of the T13x6 in blue for the map lights, and some white ones if I get sick of blue, and some extra blue ones for the parking lights on cruise night. The sylvanaia website said their 3022-CWHP4 would be a proper fit for my dome light feston bulb, but I took that apart and saw that it's actually alot shorter than the factory incandescent bulb. However, it will snap in, and it will work, so I may just see what happens...
Old 08-09-2010, 11:56 AM   #36
LaTechLogan is on a distinguished road
Name: Logan
LaTechLogan's Tacoma Gallery
I ordered and installed the suggested bulbs for the parking/marker lights and am very pleased but they do not seem to fit as well as the original bulbs. The originals were very hard to remove out of the socket but the new LED's came out quite easily. Anybody notice this about their LED replacements? If so what did you do about it?

I'm not super worried about it, I've just been running them anyway but it would really suck to have one of those LED's fall out into the housing. They just don't seem to fit as far into the socket as the stock bulbs.
Old 08-10-2010, 09:52 PM   #37
Minimum Wage!
cdikkers is one of the sharper tools in the shedcdikkers is one of the sharper tools in the shedcdikkers is one of the sharper tools in the shedcdikkers is one of the sharper tools in the shedcdikkers is one of the sharper tools in the shedcdikkers is one of the sharper tools in the shedcdikkers is one of the sharper tools in the shedcdikkers is one of the sharper tools in the shedcdikkers is one of the sharper tools in the shedcdikkers is one of the sharper tools in the shedcdikkers is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Send a message via AIM to cdikkers Send a message via Yahoo to cdikkers Send a message via Skype™ to cdikkers
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaTechLogan View Post
I ordered and installed the suggested bulbs for the parking/marker lights and am very pleased but they do not seem to fit as well as the original bulbs. The originals were very hard to remove out of the socket but the new LED's came out quite easily. Anybody notice this about their LED replacements? If so what did you do about it?

I'm not super worried about it, I've just been running them anyway but it would really suck to have one of those LED's fall out into the housing. They just don't seem to fit as far into the socket as the stock bulbs.
I ordered the x5 bulbs in amber, white, and blue and they almost seemed slightly bigger than the OEM bulbs. One of them even caused a little plastic to chip off the edge, but it was nothing serious. As of now, they are holding just fine, as are the ones I put in my license plate and my map lights, granted I'm swapping the parking lights somewhat often for shows and cruises and such (blue parking lights look so good with Speedway blue) I don't know if they were made slightly different in 2005 vs 2008, but I'm sure every batch down the line has slight little differences...

Old 08-19-2010, 12:35 PM   #38
Jimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud of

Name: Jim
Jimmyjohn's Tacoma Gallery
I put in the #3156 amber for the turn signal on the rear and they work great I did the #3157 Red haw ever did not change out the backups.
Old 08-20-2010, 09:48 AM   #39
Minimum Wage!

Are they working okay in your turn signals or did you end up with the hyper-flashing turn signals?
Old 10-24-2010, 09:30 AM   #40
three west is on a distinguished road
Name: JD
three west's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdikkers View Post
Are they working okay in your turn signals or did you end up with the hyper-flashing turn signals?
thread ressurection here, but I'm curious if this was ever answered.

anybody with LED's in their turn signals can tell us if they required a different flasher unit or load resistors?
__________________________________________________ ___________________
EDIT: got my answer, was lookin in the wrong place...

Products Discussed in this Thread