Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

1st gen headlight mod

Old 10-02-2012, 07:48 AM   #1
Tacoma9396jrc is on a distinguished road
Name: Jacob
Tacoma9396jrc's Tacoma Gallery
1st gen headlight mod

any body running these on like a 95-97? thinking they want look to great..cant seem to find a pic to convince me. or just a pic at all. Any body with pics of them on there truck would be great
Old 10-02-2012, 07:51 AM   #2
Senior Member. HA. I'm not a senior. I'm young...
Nunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shedNunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shedNunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shedNunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shedNunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shedNunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shedNunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shedNunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shedNunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shedNunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shedNunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Shayne
Nunavut's Tacoma Gallery
Where did you find those?
Old 10-02-2012, 07:52 AM   #3
They were on ebay for like 30$
Old 10-02-2012, 11:51 AM   #4
Nunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shedNunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shedNunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shedNunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shedNunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shedNunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shedNunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shedNunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shedNunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shedNunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shedNunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Nunavut's Tacoma Gallery
for $30 i'd just buy them and see how they look. If they look like crap, then its not to much money waisted.
Old 10-02-2012, 12:35 PM   #5
Dcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Dcpsychobilly's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunavut View Post
for $30 i'd just buy them and see how they look. If they look like crap, then its not to much money waisted.
X2

Although I have seen it and it looks good
Old 10-02-2012, 08:11 PM   #6
paranoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

paranoid56's Tacoma Gallery
i would pass, i dont have any pics but i had them on my 84 truck and they sucked. sucked sooooo bad. the projector isnt one, its just a piece of glass on a bracket infront of the bulb lol. its also makes so much glare its not even funny.
Old 10-03-2012, 06:44 AM   #7
Okay thanks!
Old 10-03-2012, 08:57 AM   #8

Nunavut's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by paranoid56 View Post
i would pass, i dont have any pics but i had them on my 84 truck and they sucked. sucked sooooo bad. the projector isnt one, its just a piece of glass on a bracket infront of the bulb lol. its also makes so much glare its not even funny.
That would explain the $30 price tag lol
Old 10-03-2012, 08:54 PM   #9
joes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Joe
joes06tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunavut View Post
That would explain the $30 price tag lol
If that's the price range OP wants to stay in, go down to Walmart and buy a pair of GE "High Output" sealed beams. I had those on my 86 Toyota. Same part number as an early first gen. Huge improvement over stock, and was well under 30 bucks.

Next step up is a set of Hella H4 conversions. Best thing you can get short of HID retrofits.
Old 02-25-2013, 06:41 AM   #11
CoolGuy97 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoolGuy97 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoolGuy97 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoolGuy97 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoolGuy97 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoolGuy97 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoolGuy97 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoolGuy97 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoolGuy97 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoolGuy97 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoolGuy97 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Nuclear Inspector
Name: Jason
CoolGuy97's Tacoma Gallery
i just put these on my truck and installed a HID kit also, they look great but the light output is horrible, verge of not being able to see horrible. Cars will be able to see you but you wont be able to see the road. if you are looking for a projector lens stay away from the ones like these, like Paranoid said these are pretty much a look alike. i will post some pics of them later to show the output.
Old 02-27-2013, 11:54 PM   #12
williamsdouglas73 is on a distinguished road

Name: doug williams
williamsdouglas73's Tacoma Gallery

ill second that light out put, the person behind me, i can see there headlights infront of me better than these
Old 02-28-2013, 12:03 AM   #13
DSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Daniel
DSully72's Tacoma Gallery
damn that do look good though lol.