Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

LED Fog Lights

Old 10-10-2012, 09:10 PM   #1
tacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Luis
tacomonazul's Tacoma Gallery
LED Fog Lights

Ok so my Fog HIDs stop working and I was looking for new ones and found these LED fog lights

http://www.ddmtuning.com/Products/H10-LED

They have a great price $8.49, so I order a pair, but got a little confused with this: ''These Fog Light bulbs are for color matching purposes only. Will not provide adequate light on ground due to differences in focal points of LEDs and original halogen bulbs.'' So I also ordered some HIDs in case this don't work out. It says they are 408 lumens, so I think it's good, don't know how much are stock fogs.

Anybody here has them? Any feedback??
Old 10-10-2012, 09:11 PM   #2
Just think outside the Yota
CayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
CayucosTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
interesting... subd
Old 10-10-2012, 09:17 PM   #3
Indffrnce will be the fall of manknd but who cares
Drunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Retribution
Drunknsloth's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomonazul View Post
Ok so my Fog HIDs stop working and I was looking for new ones and found these LED fog lights

They have a great price $8.49, so I order a pair, but got a little confused with this: ''These Fog Light bulbs are for color matching purposes only. Will not provide adequate light on ground due to differences in focal points of LEDs and original halogen bulbs.'' So I also ordered some HIDs in case this don't work out. It says they are 408 lumens, so I think it's good, don't know how much are stock fogs.

I've seen those. I'm interested to see how they work out. 408 lumens does not sound like a lot. Those look like they are not actual high power LEDs.

Audi's LED headlights are $5000 a set:
http://www.caranddriver.com/features...led-headlights
Old 10-10-2012, 09:18 PM   #4
tacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shed

They have 3 different types

Old 10-10-2012, 09:19 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunknsloth View Post
I've seen those. I'm interested to see how they work out. 408 lumens does not sound like a lot. Those look like they are not actual high power LEDs.

Audi's LED headlights are $5000 a set:
http://www.caranddriver.com/features...led-headlights
What's the stock fog lumens?
Old 10-15-2012, 02:05 AM   #7
anotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shed
anotherreject's Tacoma Gallery
anybody have pics of these installed?
Old 10-15-2012, 02:47 AM   #8
NWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: James
NWTacoGuy's Tacoma Gallery
Sub'd
Old 10-15-2012, 05:47 AM   #9
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
They have 3 different types

That bottom bulb looks like the only bulb that's actually made to project light. I'd be curious to see how the other ones do in the stock housing. My guess is they'll be like throwing HID's in the stock housing. Because they emit light differently than a halogen bulb, you'll end up with a lot of glare (especially with the number of LED's pointing down, meaning the light reflects up). Personally, I wouldn't put those LED's or HID's in the stock fog housing if I wanted them to be functional foul weather lights.
Old 10-15-2012, 05:53 AM   #10
My pee parts itch
dexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dexterdog's Tacoma Gallery
Those bulbs are strictly for looks not function, but if you were already running a HID setup in your stock halogen foglight housings then function may not be your top priority.
Old 10-19-2012, 10:51 PM   #11
ErnestTeel is on a distinguished road
ErnestTeel's Tacoma Gallery
I'm going off of a 42W tungsten quartz halogen bulb at 24 lumens per watt according to wikipedia.

Old 10-19-2012, 11:14 PM   #13
BroBraBlahBlah
Spoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jamie
Spoonman's Tacoma Gallery
I don't have fogs
Old 10-20-2012, 02:21 PM   #14
Newborn
taco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: High Speed, Low Drag
taco47001's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

I had these in my 08 F250. They are in fact for color match only. I had them to match 55W 6000K HID's. They don't throw much light at all.
Old 10-20-2012, 02:38 PM   #15
Still not worthy!
Sawick has much to be proud ofSawick has much to be proud ofSawick has much to be proud ofSawick has much to be proud ofSawick has much to be proud ofSawick has much to be proud ofSawick has much to be proud ofSawick has much to be proud ofSawick has much to be proud of

Air Force: Security Forces
Name: Jason
Sawick's Tacoma Gallery
I was looking at those same few sets of Fogs also. They have another pair that looks like these. I'll be Subbed waiting for more reviews
Old 10-20-2012, 03:33 PM   #16
paranoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

paranoid56's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dexterdog View Post
Those bulbs are strictly for looks not function, but if you were already running a HID setup in your stock halogen foglight housings then function may not be your top priority.
yep and yep, not nearly enough output. but they will give you that neat "hey look at me with my HIDs) look that you want with out actually blinding everybody on the road
Old 10-20-2012, 05:47 PM   #17
BroBraBlahBlah
Spoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jamie
Spoonman's Tacoma Gallery
These will just put light EVERYWHERE. If I see someone with these things on the road, they're getting blinded.
Old 10-21-2012, 02:51 AM   #18
Newborn
taco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: High Speed, Low Drag
taco47001's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoonman View Post
These will just put light EVERYWHERE. If I see someone with these things on the road, they're getting blinded.
Have you not read all the posts about lack of light output? So you're going to "Blind" someone because their fog lights are not putting out very much light? Cool buddy.
Old 01-17-2013, 10:54 AM   #19
ST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
ST3VE's Tacoma Gallery
Bumping this thread to see if anyone has put them in yet.

If so any pictures if them on?