Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

LED Rock Lights

Old 10-14-2012, 08:55 PM   #1
The Blue Warrior
ToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Shay
ToyotaKTMracing's Tacoma Gallery
LED Rock Lights

I'm looking for some LED rock lights for my truck. Waterproof of course. I looked at the vision x tantrums and I would go with them, but they are only water resistant. I've read people fixing that with silicon, but still. Any suggestions on rock rights? I prefer to keep it under $120. Even if they aren't rock lights, still recommend them. Like if they are some kind of led lights like rock lights that would work would be fine too.
Old 10-14-2012, 09:04 PM   #2
Mall Crawler
MrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Dean'o
Location: Wisconsin, Hawaii, California, North Carolina...everywhere
MrGrimm's Tacoma Gallery
These are $199 but are what I plan on going with eventually

LiteSPOTs
Old 10-14-2012, 09:06 PM   #3
TherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
TherealScuba's Tacoma Gallery
I run these:
http://dx.com/p/waterproof-28w-7000k...p-dc-12v-91953

From the Pirate thread:
http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/gener...ck-lights.html

More on TTORA.
http://ttora.com/forum/showthread.php?t=185435

They are really bright. I have no complaints about them.
DO NOT, I REPEAT DO NOT waste your money on the vision x kit. You will be disappointed when you realize they are not bright worth a damn. I was severely let down when I saw those in person on another persons truck.

For the money, the DX lights can not be beat.

Mine:

On the trail:

Old 10-14-2012, 09:07 PM   #4
TherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGrimm View Post
These are $199 but are what I plan on going with eventually
Huge ripoff.
Old 10-14-2012, 09:10 PM   #5
The Blue Warrior
ToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by TherealScuba View Post
I run these:
http://dx.com/p/waterproof-28w-7000k...p-dc-12v-91953

From the Pirate thread:
http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/gener...ck-lights.html

More on TTORA.
http://ttora.com/forum/showthread.php?t=185435

They are really bright. I have no complaints about them.
DO NOT, I REPEAT DO NOT waste your money on the vision x kit. You will be disappointed when you realize they are not bright worth a damn. I was severely let down when I saw those in person on another persons truck.

For the money, the DX lights can not be beat.

Mine:

On the trail:

I've looked at those. Now where can I find them in stock?
Old 10-14-2012, 09:12 PM   #6
Mall Crawler
MrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
MrGrimm's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Huge ripoff.
Besides the price, what else is wrong with them?
Old 10-14-2012, 09:14 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyotaKTMracing View Post
I've looked at those. Now where can I find them in stock?
Different brand but very similar.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/20x-SMD-Modu...item1e66c7e51b
Old 10-14-2012, 09:17 PM   #8

Quote:
Besides the price, what else is wrong with them?
Paying $200 for $10 worth of LED's is pretty wrong.
You get 6 pods for that price.
The LED's are no better than any other out there.
6 pods aren't going to produce the type of light output you would actually want.
On your long limo you're going to need at least 5-8 pods on each side of the truck to get decent results.
Old 10-14-2012, 09:20 PM   #9
Mall Crawler

Marines:
MrGrimm's Tacoma Gallery
True true. Ive been looking around to see what everybody has been using and LEDs are the way to go. So just that one pack of 20, some wiring to a fuse block and then an in cab switch and that should do it. Might have to give that a shot.
Old 10-14-2012, 09:23 PM   #10
The Blue Warrior

Quote:
True true. Ive been looking around to see what everybody has been using and LEDs are the way to go. So just that one pack of 20, some wiring to a fuse block and then an in cab switch and that should do it. Might have to give that a shot.
I was thinking the same thing. Buying pods, wire them together, put a switch in the cab, and hook them up.
Old 10-14-2012, 09:25 PM   #11
Mall Crawler

Marines:
MrGrimm's Tacoma Gallery
Now the question is, who is good with electronics that can figure out what size fuse I would need for 20 of those?
Old 10-14-2012, 09:30 PM   #12
The Blue Warrior

Quote:
Now the question is, who is good with electronics that can figure out what size fuse I would need for 20 of those?
I want only 10-12 pods. 4-6 cab sides, 2 bed sides, 2 rear bumper, 2 front bumper. Would that be enough?
Old 10-14-2012, 09:55 PM   #14
.45%er
the.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: Nick
the.sight.picture's Tacoma Gallery
looks good. I plan on getting rock lights like some of these in the future as well. Subbed
Old 10-14-2012, 09:56 PM   #15

Quote:
I think all 20 of them pull less than 2 amps.
I have a 10 amp switch and a 5 amp fuse.
Old 10-14-2012, 10:01 PM   #17
Skewpage
chilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rodrigo
chilidogrc's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Good find!
Old 10-14-2012, 10:04 PM   #18
The Blue Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunknsloth View Post
At 28W and 12V it will run about 2.3-2.4 Amps.
What about a 36W offroad light? I've been looking at an off road light bar to light my way as well. It's a 2100 lumen light bar and for only $205, it isn't too bad.

EDIT: Found a 2160 lumen offroad light for $140
Old 10-14-2012, 10:08 PM   #20
Indffrnce will be the fall of manknd but who cares
Drunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Retribution
Drunknsloth's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyotaKTMracing View Post
What about a 36W offroad light? I've been looking at an off road light bar to light my way as well. It's a 2100 lumen light bar and for only $205, it isn't too bad.
That would run 3 Amps. Using a 4 Amp fuse should be fine. I would just run a 5 for one light. Remember to keep all the components above the recommended fuse size too. Basically you just divide the Watts by the Voltage to get the amps. So 36W/12V=3Amps.