Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

aftermarket light bulbs

Old 01-20-2009, 12:31 PM   #1
RDAY is on a distinguished road
RDAY's Tacoma Gallery
aftermarket light bulbs

r there any aftermarket bulbs out there that are better than stock, silverstar ultra? PIAA?
Old 01-20-2009, 10:14 PM   #3
G-Sak is just really niceG-Sak is just really niceG-Sak is just really niceG-Sak is just really niceG-Sak is just really nice

G-Sak's Tacoma Gallery
The PIAA Intense White bulbs are pretty good. I ran them for a while and they put out a much whiter light than the stock bulbs. If you like a slightly blue color then the PIAA Xtreme White bulbs would do the trick.

As for the silverstar ultras, I have not used them on any of my vehicles, but I did install some on my girlfriend's car this past weekend and they are better than the stock ones were. The difference was not anything to brag about though.

I would consider looking into the Phillips X-treme power bulbs like Delmarva suggested above. I have heard good things about them as well. They claim they put out up to 80% more light than standard halogen bulbs. That is quite the claim if you ask me!
Old 01-20-2009, 10:19 PM   #4
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
I have the Silverstar Ultra's for my headlights and they aren't bad at all. Much brighter then the stock bulbs. But if your going for the HID look, these aren't the ones you want. I used to have just the Silverstar's and not the ultra's for the fogs and they worked good as well, also brighter then the stock fogs. But now I have some other bulbs in the fogs.
Old 01-20-2009, 10:23 PM   #5
G-Sak is just really niceG-Sak is just really niceG-Sak is just really niceG-Sak is just really niceG-Sak is just really nice

G-Sak's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WW_FIREFIGHTER View Post
I have the Silverstar Ultra's for my headlights and they aren't bad at all. Much brighter then the stock bulbs. But if your going for the HID look, these aren't the ones you want. I used to have just the Silverstar's and not the ultra's for the fogs and they worked good as well, also brighter then the stock fogs. But now I have some other bulbs in the fogs.
Which bulbs for the fogs have you had the best results with if you don't mind me asking? I'm looking to upgrade in the future.
Old 01-20-2009, 10:28 PM   #6
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Sak View Post
Which bulbs for the fogs have you had the best results with if you don't mind me asking? I'm looking to upgrade in the future.
Well I really liked the Sylvania Silverstar's! Only reason I swapped those out were for some yellow bulbs instead.
Old 01-21-2009, 04:50 AM   #7
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Name: Mike
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WW_FIREFIGHTER View Post
Well I really liked the Sylvania Silverstar's! Only reason I swapped those out were for some yellow bulbs instead.
x2... I run Superstarts in my headlights and Nokya Hyper Yellows in my fogs.
Old 01-21-2009, 07:49 AM   #8
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
I was using the silverstars for a little while, much better than stock but not even close to my HID's
Old 01-21-2009, 08:22 AM   #9
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
Jester243's Tacoma Gallery
I just changed mine last night to the Silverstar Ultra's for the headlights and the fogs. Schucks Auto has them with a $10 instand rebate and a $10 mail in rebate right now so I was happy to buy them. I also replaced my wifes car's headlights with the same. Comparing the new builbs to the stock ones the stock ones almost had a yellow look to them compared to the Silverstar Ultra's. So far I am happy, I just hope they last a while. Also since Schucks auto is also Checker, Kragen, or Murray's dpending on where you live it may be worth while to look at these.
Old 01-21-2009, 09:17 AM   #10
Lieutenant Dan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester243 View Post
I just changed mine last night to the Silverstar Ultra's for the headlights and the fogs. Schucks Auto has them with a $10 instand rebate and a $10 mail in rebate right now so I was happy to buy them. I also replaced my wifes car's headlights with the same. Comparing the new builbs to the stock ones the stock ones almost had a yellow look to them compared to the Silverstar Ultra's. So far I am happy, I just hope they last a while. Also since Schucks auto is also Checker, Kragen, or Murray's dpending on where you live it may be worth while to look at these.
Yeah they are good lights! Just not the ones for you if you want that HID look.
Old 01-21-2009, 05:10 PM   #11
RDAY's Tacoma Gallery
what are the part numbers for are trucks? I want to check them out online to see what there is so what would u choose if I were to decide between PIAA and the phillips?
Old 01-21-2009, 05:17 PM   #12
Aspiring wrench monkey
TacoCo is a glorious beacon of lightTacoCo is a glorious beacon of lightTacoCo is a glorious beacon of lightTacoCo is a glorious beacon of lightTacoCo is a glorious beacon of light

TacoCo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDAY View Post
what are the part numbers for are trucks? I want to check them out online to see what there is so what would u choose if I were to decide between PIAA and the phillips?
Personally, I wouldn't get either, unless you want to have to replace your bulbs every 4-6 months.
Old 01-21-2009, 05:32 PM   #13
RDAY's Tacoma Gallery
we have a one low beam bulb and one high beam bulb right? it doesnt switch on the same bulb on our truck does it?
Old 01-21-2009, 05:49 PM   #14
RDAY's Tacoma Gallery
cause i am looking to order some from www. powerbulbs.com but it says there can't be any high beam bulbs found but theres tons on low beam bulbs.
Old 01-21-2009, 06:29 PM   #15
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Name: Mike
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDAY View Post
we have a one low beam bulb and one high beam bulb right? it doesnt switch on the same bulb on our truck does it?
Hi and Lo beams are the same bulb. Headlights are H4 and Foglights are H10
Old 01-22-2009, 06:19 AM   #16
RDAY's Tacoma Gallery
thanks
Old 01-22-2009, 06:53 AM   #17
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve-0
SocalMan22's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoCo View Post
Personally, I wouldn't get either, unless you want to have to replace your bulbs every 4-6 months.
i have the piaa intense white bulbs and one bulb went out on me after a year but was replaced under warranty the piaa's are a solid bulb and i reccomend them. Sorry you had a bad experience
Old 01-26-2009, 04:33 PM   #18
stephbm6 has a brilliant futurestephbm6 has a brilliant futurestephbm6 has a brilliant futurestephbm6 has a brilliant futurestephbm6 has a brilliant futurestephbm6 has a brilliant futurestephbm6 has a brilliant futurestephbm6 has a brilliant futurestephbm6 has a brilliant futurestephbm6 has a brilliant futurestephbm6 has a brilliant future

stephbm6's Tacoma Gallery
Can you buy blue turn signal light bulbs?