Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Bamf lightbar setup

Old 10-25-2012, 09:08 AM   #1
Johnsredline is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnsredline is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnsredline is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnsredline is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnsredline is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnsredline is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnsredline is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnsredline is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnsredline is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnsredline is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnsredline is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Johnsredline's Tacoma Gallery
Bamf lightbar setup

Hey everyone I'm getting ready to order some red ring hids. I'd really like to run 4 lights, two floods and two spots. My question is will 4 lights fit on bamfs lightbar? Or can I only stuff two behind grill. I'd like the seven inch lights but would consider 4 inch
Old 10-25-2012, 09:25 AM   #2
Banned
acdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
acdronin's Tacoma Gallery
Four sevens might be a tight fit

Old 10-25-2012, 09:32 AM   #3
Banned
acdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Page 20, post #382 on this thread a guy has Lightforce 170's mounted (they are 170 MM across), that should help you, also you will have to relocate the horns (easy) and if you have a tranny cooler you'll have to scoot it back possibly
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/bay...lightforce+170
Old 10-25-2012, 09:33 AM   #4
Johnsredline is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnsredline is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnsredline is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnsredline is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnsredline is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnsredline is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnsredline is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnsredline is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnsredline is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnsredline is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnsredline is one of the sharper tools in the shed
So two sevens and two fours would be ok you think ?
Old 10-25-2012, 09:34 AM   #5
Ya my horns are already moved trang cooler ill have to see when the lights come how I'm gonna move it
Old 10-25-2012, 09:34 AM   #6
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnsredline View Post
So two sevens and two fours would be ok you think ?

Easy, you have lot's of room for that set up
Old 10-25-2012, 09:42 AM   #7
Purveyor of Fun
benbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: ^
benbacher's Tacoma Gallery
I'd be wary of moving the tranny cooler too. They put it there for a reason.
Old 10-25-2012, 09:47 AM   #8
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by benbacher View Post
I'd be wary of moving the tranny cooler too. They put it there for a reason.
All that needs to be done is to install longer mounting bolts that put the cooler a few inches closer to the radiator, thereby freeing up more space for the lights, he'll know pretty quickly if he needs to do this but with the 4 inchers outboard I doubt he will need to
Old 10-25-2012, 10:02 AM   #9
Warputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet - 1st Inf. Div.
Name: Chris
Warputer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by acdronin View Post
Four sevens might be a tight fit

I think so too. That's why I had to go outside the grill with my 8".

Old 10-25-2012, 10:03 AM   #10
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warputer View Post
I think so too. That's why I had to go outside the grill with my 8".

Or those the big metal KC's?
Old 10-25-2012, 10:09 AM   #11
Yea, looks like ill run two sevens in the center with 4 inchers on the ends. the sevens will be euro beam, the 4 inchers will be floods. Does that sound like a good setup?
my night time offroading is desert roads/trails.
Old 10-25-2012, 10:11 AM   #12
Warputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet - 1st Inf. Div.
Name: Chris
Warputer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by acdronin View Post
Or those the big metal KC's?
Pro Comp, 8", 135wt each......I think they were around $35 a piece and they work better than the KC 6" Daylighters I had years ago, for less than 1/2 the price.
Old 10-25-2012, 10:14 AM   #13
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnsredline View Post
Yea, looks like ill run two sevens in the center with 4 inchers on the ends. the sevens will be euro beam, the 4 inchers will be floods. Does that sound like a good setup?
my night time offroading is desert roads/trails.
yeah, my feeling is that the 4's might be a little over matched for what you want to do, you don't ever want to have a situation where you could possibly out-run your lights. Keep experimenting with your aiming and possible bigger floods to get what you need.
Old 10-25-2012, 10:16 AM   #14
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warputer View Post
Pro Comp, 8", 135wt each......I think they were around $35 a piece and they work better than the KC 6" Daylighters I had years ago, for less than 1/2 the price.
Love it, i liket the 135's i loaded mine with KC 135W bulbs in all four lights, very uniform color and intensity, just a HUGE blast of light going down the road