Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

installation help

Old 10-25-2012, 04:21 PM   #1
bradicus8 is on a distinguished road
Name: Brad
bradicus8's Tacoma Gallery
installation help

I want to install these brand new spyder halo LED lights on my 2006 tacoma, however, im not sure how to wire this correctly to my truck, or maybe i need additional wires/bulbs?
Old 10-26-2012, 01:22 PM   #2
anyone help me out with this?
Old 10-26-2012, 01:25 PM   #3
09DBLCAB09 is on a distinguished road
09DBLCAB09's Tacoma Gallery
You will have to use your imagination on what you want hooked up to what. The lo beam and hi beams will be a direct plug in to your stock harness.
Your turn signal and sidemarker will also be a direct plug and play

Now for the halos and angel eyes, you will have to T-Tap (cut and solder, however you prefer to do so) into your running lights/ lo beams/ whatever you want to wire them into. Or wire them up to a custom switch so you can turn your halos and/ or angel eyes on and off whenever you want.
Old 10-26-2012, 01:30 PM   #4
Quote:
Originally Posted by 09DBLCAB09 View Post
You will have to use your imagination on what you want hooked up to what. The lo beam and hi beams will be a direct plug in to your stock harness.
Your turn signal and sidemarker will also be a direct plug and play

Now for the halos and angel eyes, you will have to T-Tap (cut and solder, however you prefer to do so) into your running lights/ lo beams/ whatever you want to wire them into. Or wire them up to a custom switch so you can turn your halos and/ or angel eyes on and off whenever you want.
ya i'd have to figure out that part for the halos and angel eyes, cuz i did hook em up to my truck yesterday with just the plugs and only those few u mentioned worked... idk what to do with the other wires for those halos and angels
Old 10-26-2012, 01:31 PM   #5
Hiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hiatt
Hiatt1991's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to Hiatt1991
Try looking up the orange county thread in the socal section. Im sure someone can help you out.
Old 10-26-2012, 07:12 PM   #6
waheed is on a distinguished road

Name: Waheed
waheed's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradicus8 View Post
ya i'd have to figure out that part for the halos and angel eyes, cuz i did hook em up to my truck yesterday with just the plugs and only those few u mentioned worked... idk what to do with the other wires for those halos and angels
They are a pain in the arse to figure, CarID has a good plugNplay version for like $600 though.
Old 10-26-2012, 07:23 PM   #7
We can't stop here, this is bat country.
dayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
dayNnite4's Tacoma Gallery
I ordered a different but similar pain of halo headlight and it was a direct plug n play
Old 10-26-2012, 10:59 PM   #8
This is pissing me off so much lol I just got em and ihave the nxt two days off! I wanna put em in! Lol
Old 10-26-2012, 11:17 PM   #9
tacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Luis
tacomonazul's Tacoma Gallery
It's all plug n play, angels and led just plug them into the parking lights thats all
Old 10-26-2012, 11:19 PM   #10
tacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shed

use this:
Old 10-26-2012, 11:59 PM   #11
joemomma22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoemomma22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoemomma22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoemomma22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoemomma22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoemomma22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoemomma22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoemomma22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoemomma22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoemomma22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoemomma22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Joe
joemomma22's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by waheed View Post
They are a pain in the arse to figure, CarID has a good plugNplay version for like $600 though.
my brother works there =) hes basically a manager on the technical support team but since he leaves early to go to school at night they couldnt actually promote him because he couldnt close the place at nigiht
Old 10-27-2012, 01:13 AM   #12
i think ima just have some one help me do it lol, probably safer that way
Old 10-27-2012, 07:33 AM   #13
09DBLCAB09 is on a distinguished road
09DBLCAB09's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradicus8 View Post
i think ima just have some one help me do it lol, probably safer that way
Call my buddy that I told you about in the message I sent you
Old 11-02-2012, 04:42 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by waheed View Post
actually they are $234.60, I bought them there full plug n play
http://www.carid.com/2007-toyota-tac...ts-315164.html
Old 11-02-2012, 04:48 PM   #15
TacoHol1c is on a distinguished road

Name: Andrew
TacoHol1c's Tacoma Gallery
if yours are like mine you have to splice the 2 short black wires to the long black wire. they are all 3 ground wires. ground the wire that you spliced the other 2 wires to. and then splice the 2 short white wires to the longest white wire which is your power wires. then you splice those to your relay switch wire which is a green wire that runs to your corner light bulb. then put it all back together