Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

DDM Tuning Hid Kit...

Old 10-29-2012, 10:47 PM   #1
Member Caught Off Road
AWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
AWorthyOpponent's Tacoma Gallery
DDM Tuning Hid Kit...

Okay...I am getting HID's for my 2013. I have decided to go with DDM Tuning. They are fairly in expensive and seem to get a lot of good comments. I did some looking and cant really tell if the H4/9003 Hi/Low kit will work with the truck. any reason that it would not???

I saw something about the highs being grounded or something...

Any input is appreciated...other than to retro...I intend to do this, but cant afford it right now. Most of my night driving is on back roads at 3:30 am...no one is out, and if they are, they're drunk anyways...
Old 10-29-2012, 11:27 PM   #2
09DBLCAB09 is on a distinguished road
09DBLCAB09's Tacoma Gallery
With the hi/ lo bixenon kit you will have to run a relay harness which includes grounds
Old 10-29-2012, 11:52 PM   #3
Very nice how much?
Forster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Firefighter/EMT
Name: Nick
Forster46's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to Forster46
What he said^ Get the H4 hi/low kit with the wiring harness and you will be good to go. I have had the same one forever
Old 10-30-2012, 01:19 AM   #4
Member Caught Off Road
AWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
AWorthyOpponent's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the replies...just wanted to make sure...
Old 10-30-2012, 07:59 AM   #5
BTW get ready for the shit talkers that will be commenting on here soon about doing a projector retrofit and not to put PNP HIDs in your stock housings
Old 10-30-2012, 08:05 AM   #6
Rebel Taco Man is a jewel in the roughRebel Taco Man is a jewel in the roughRebel Taco Man is a jewel in the rough

Name: Tyler
Rebel Taco Man's Tacoma Gallery
lies! dont get a bi-xenon kit. just get a low kit. you have dtrl correct? so just get a low beam kit. cause the high beams look retarded.
Old 10-30-2012, 10:01 PM   #7
dsrtne1 will become famous soon enough

Name: Michael
dsrtne1's Tacoma Gallery
I'll probably end up with the same kit. DDM is local to me and I ran their HIDs in my last truck with no problems for 2 years and the very same kit has been passed through two of my friend's trucks. Been running trouble free for over 3 years now! Be sure to post pictures once they're installed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel Taco Man View Post
lies! dont get a bi-xenon kit. just get a low kit. you have dtrl correct? so just get a low beam kit. cause the high beams look retarded.
How exactly does the DTRL have any effect on the low or high beams?
Old 10-30-2012, 10:04 PM   #8
This is my derpawayinator!!!!!
NelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NelsonTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsrtne1 View Post
How exactly does the DTRL have any effect on the low or high beams?
I was wondering the same thing.

I like having the high/low kit. Also helps with not throwing off as much light scatter since the high/low kit has the cover thing so as not to fill the whole housing with light until you turn on the hi's.
Old 10-31-2012, 06:55 AM   #9
Rebel Taco Man is a jewel in the roughRebel Taco Man is a jewel in the roughRebel Taco Man is a jewel in the rough

Name: Tyler
Rebel Taco Man's Tacoma Gallery
well mine shine decent when on low, and when i flip to high, they just shine the trees. so a low kit with dtrl will make up for not having the high option, unless theres a way to fix the tree shinin?
Old 10-31-2012, 07:52 AM   #10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel Taco Man View Post
well mine shine decent when on low, and when i flip to high, they just shine the trees. so a low kit with dtrl will make up for not having the high option, unless theres a way to fix the tree shinin?
Do you even own a Tacoma?
You understand our DTRLs are a completely separate bulb that our lo and hi beam right?
Old 10-31-2012, 11:48 AM   #11
Do. Or do not. There is no try. -Master Yoda
adio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 740TH Combat Support Company
adio's Tacoma Gallery
if you gonna install HID's, please at least aim them to where it won't blind other drivers. Thank you
Old 10-31-2012, 11:52 AM   #12
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
I'd love to know where you found all these great reviews of plug and play HID kits...
Old 11-02-2012, 01:47 PM   #13
aj hank is on a distinguished road

Name: AJ
aj hank's Tacoma Gallery
I had a set on my Integra and I know a few other people that have gone DDM. No complaints aside from high shipping costs and long shipping times. But for about $50 (more for the hi/lo) and a lifetime warranty, you can't beat it. I've heard some questionable things about their customer service but I've never had to deal with them.
Old 11-02-2012, 01:49 PM   #14

aj hank's Tacoma Gallery
I'm thinking about getting the hi/lo kit for my 09 but I just got it so I just need to sack up and make the purchase
Old 11-02-2012, 01:52 PM   #15
ekms377 is on a distinguished road

ekms377's Tacoma Gallery
I have bought several DDM kits for previous rides and motorcycles. I am about to buy another for my '12 Taco. Great kits for the price.
Old 11-02-2012, 02:07 PM   #16
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by aj hank View Post
I'm thinking about getting the hi/lo kit for my 09 but I just got it so I just need to sack up and make the purchase
Or sack up and spend your money on a lighting project that will actually make your lighting better...
Old 11-02-2012, 02:09 PM   #17

aj hank's Tacoma Gallery
can't beat it for the cost!
Old 11-02-2012, 02:10 PM   #18
My pee parts itch
dexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dexterdog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
BTW get ready for the shit talkers that will be commenting on here soon about doing a projector retrofit and not to put PNP HIDs in your stock housings
Yeah, because looks and consistently blinding other drivers outweigh performance and safety.
Old 11-02-2012, 02:25 PM   #19

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by aj hank View Post
can't beat it for the cost!
Actually... yes, you can
Old 02-02-2013, 01:52 PM   #20
JDK12688 is on a distinguished road
Name: Jay
JDK12688's Tacoma Gallery
Do you need any adapters? I ordered the H4 hi/low kit and the plugs will not fit. Is there a special adapter you need so the plugs will work?