LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

halo head light problem

Old 01-23-2009, 03:57 PM   #1
foxracinfor20 has a spectacular aura aboutfoxracinfor20 has a spectacular aura aboutfoxracinfor20 has a spectacular aura about
Marines: mals 13 airframes
Name: doug
foxracinfor20's Tacoma Gallery
halo head light problem

Anyone had any problem with the angel eye halo head lights? I have had my for almost a year and the driver side cold cathodes and leds ( the parking lights) have shorted out. I 1st noticed the problem when i noticed the a/c control lights were not working figured it was fuse. then saw that the halos were not working in a reflection. when i saw that i walked around I had no tail lights working either. next morning i chnged the fuse and as soon as i would turn the lights on the fuse would blow again as long as i leave the parking lights unplugged on the driver side it works fine (so i have both unplugged now ) until i get time to swap back to the the stock lights or maybe even have time to do the black headlight mod on them and install. any one else have the same problem?
Old 01-26-2009, 04:29 PM   #2
stephbm6 has a brilliant futurestephbm6 has a brilliant futurestephbm6 has a brilliant futurestephbm6 has a brilliant futurestephbm6 has a brilliant futurestephbm6 has a brilliant futurestephbm6 has a brilliant futurestephbm6 has a brilliant futurestephbm6 has a brilliant futurestephbm6 has a brilliant futurestephbm6 has a brilliant future

stephbm6's Tacoma Gallery
I just ordered them. I hope I don't have this problem later, sorry to hear that.
Old 01-31-2009, 03:13 PM   #3
stephbm6 has a brilliant futurestephbm6 has a brilliant futurestephbm6 has a brilliant futurestephbm6 has a brilliant futurestephbm6 has a brilliant futurestephbm6 has a brilliant futurestephbm6 has a brilliant futurestephbm6 has a brilliant futurestephbm6 has a brilliant futurestephbm6 has a brilliant futurestephbm6 has a brilliant future

I Just Put My New Head Lights On

Old 01-31-2009, 04:21 PM   #4
This is TW. One never knows what is a joke anymore
beastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
beastlytaco's Tacoma Gallery
could you take pics of them at night with them on?
Old 01-31-2009, 04:42 PM   #5

I'm just waiting for it to get dark then I'm on it!!!
Old 01-31-2009, 04:43 PM   #6
This is TW. One never knows what is a joke anymore
beastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
beastlytaco's Tacoma Gallery
nice. appreciate it.
Old 01-31-2009, 05:16 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by beastlytaco View Post
could you take pics of them at night with them on?
Not the best pics.

Old 01-31-2009, 05:48 PM   #8
rx7dirst is on a distinguished road
Navy: Petty Officer First Class
rx7dirst's Tacoma Gallery
Were the Halo Lights hard to install? Was there any modifications to the plugs that you had to make or was it just plug in and go?
Old 02-01-2009, 06:19 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by rx7dirst View Post
Were the Halo Lights hard to install? Was there any modifications to the plugs that you had to make or was it just plug in and go?
If you buy the Eagle Eyes brand (the ones I have) they are just plug in and go. Not that hard to install, they look a lot better then the stock lights.
Old 02-01-2009, 06:27 AM   #10
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Name: Mike
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxracinfor20 View Post
Anyone had any problem with the angel eye halo head lights? I have had my for almost a year and the driver side cold cathodes and leds ( the parking lights) have shorted out. I 1st noticed the problem when i noticed the a/c control lights were not working figured it was fuse. then saw that the halos were not working in a reflection. when i saw that i walked around I had no tail lights working either. next morning i chnged the fuse and as soon as i would turn the lights on the fuse would blow again as long as i leave the parking lights unplugged on the driver side it works fine (so i have both unplugged now ) until i get time to swap back to the the stock lights or maybe even have time to do the black headlight mod on them and install. any one else have the same problem?
Haven't heard of that problem with the Halos before.
Old 02-01-2009, 06:29 AM   #11
Can anyone tell me a better place than ebay to get the lights? I have found them for about $189 plus $45 shipping.
Old 02-01-2009, 06:38 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by rx7dirst View Post
Can anyone tell me a better place than ebay to get the lights? I have found them for about $189 plus $45 shipping.
I bought mine for $203 shipped and they were here in two days.
Bought them from here http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...ht_4872wt_1202
Old 02-01-2009, 08:01 AM   #13
Thanks.
Old 02-02-2009, 06:57 AM   #14
What size bulbs are required for the halo lights?
Old 02-02-2009, 07:02 AM   #15
Ask me about the shortbus...
NumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Student Pilot
Name: Nick
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxracinfor20 View Post
I had that problem. A lot of power is drawn with these lights. Check your fuse and see if you blew it. If you did you need to run a relay from the battery to your lights. That will fix the problem I think. After a month of having mine that happens so it doesn't necessarily happen right away.
Old 02-02-2009, 09:25 AM   #16
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Name: Mike
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
^^
that's interesting... pretty shitty in my book...
Old 02-02-2009, 11:53 AM   #17
apkarian100 will become famous soon enoughapkarian100 will become famous soon enough

apkarian100's Tacoma Gallery
If you are going to put halos in, you guys should get the ones on oznium. I've heard good things about them.

If the fuse thing doesn't work, you might have to replace the ccfl inverter. The ones sold on Ebay don't last as long as they should.
Old 03-24-2009, 03:03 PM   #18
nytmarecoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shednytmarecoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shednytmarecoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shednytmarecoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shednytmarecoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shednytmarecoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shednytmarecoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shednytmarecoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shednytmarecoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shednytmarecoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shednytmarecoma88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
nytmarecoma88's Tacoma Gallery
i just got a set of halos, not the plug n play i have a problem with the 3 little lights not working, any suggestions?
Old 04-01-2009, 06:22 PM   #19
ecsman88 is on a distinguished road
ecsman88's Tacoma Gallery
yeah i got some of the black ones when i first installed them driver side halos didnt work had them over night a new resistor wired it in and tada
Old 11-19-2009, 06:00 PM   #20
csmooth is just really nicecsmooth is just really nicecsmooth is just really nicecsmooth is just really nice
Marines: Cpl Lima Company 3rd Battalion 7th Marines
Name: Cody
csmooth's Tacoma Gallery
hey where is the fuse located?