Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Uninstall fog lights?

Old 01-24-2009, 10:37 AM   #1
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Question Uninstall fog lights?

I'm sure there is a thread on this one already but does anyone out there know how to take out our stock fog lights? I just got some lens covers for them that I want to install but I want to take out the whole light to get it done right. Some other guy told me it can be done but I couldn't get a hold of him.
Old 01-24-2009, 10:44 AM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
http://ncttora.com/fsm/05+/data/ilea...a/05100310.pdf
Old 01-24-2009, 10:49 AM   #3
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Always!!! Chris to the RESCUE!!! Thanks brotha, I'm going to go try it out right now!!! I'll let you know how it turns out. Better yet, I'll just take pics!
Old 01-24-2009, 10:50 AM   #4
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Anytime, Buddy!
Old 01-24-2009, 10:51 AM   #5
06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of

06Bluez's Tacoma Gallery
Hes so wise.
Old 01-24-2009, 11:07 AM   #6
Lieutenant Dan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Hey chris I got those latches undone but it seems like the adjusting screw is still attached to it. I tried turning it with my fingers but it just keeps turning. Any suggestions?
Old 01-24-2009, 11:19 AM   #7
Lieutenant Dan.

Nevermind. Got it!
Old 01-24-2009, 12:14 PM   #8
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Name: Mike
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
good ya got them out... took me a bit to figure just to pull real damn hard to get the adjustment screw and black plastic cap out of there...
Old 01-24-2009, 12:59 PM   #9
Lieutenant Dan.

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delmarva View Post
good ya got them out... took me a bit to figure just to pull real damn hard to get the adjustment screw and black plastic cap out of there...
Yeah well I started turning that white adjustment knob by hand but it got friggin hard and that's when I noticed the philips head on the back and said fug it and got a screw driver! Worked great after that!!!

Old 01-24-2009, 01:36 PM   #11
Lieutenant Dan.

Yeah I also got some eye lids I am painting right now for the headlights! I'll post again when I' done painting and installing.
Old 01-24-2009, 01:51 PM   #12
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Looks great

Also contemplating getting the eyelids...
Old 01-24-2009, 01:56 PM   #13
Lieutenant Dan.

Quote:
Looks great

Also contemplating getting the eyelids...
Yeah, there pretty cool looking! I'll post pics when I'm done. Oh and this is going to come up sooner or later, yes Delmarva, I kept the nokya yellow bulbs in the fog lights to give it a more yellow apearance.
Old 01-24-2009, 02:19 PM   #15
09 but I drive a 012 Expedition...
tacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff...I'm pretty sure
tacoholic's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to tacoholic
What do these eyelids you speak of look like?
Are they for the fogs or headlights?
I know which ones you're talking of if they're for the headlights...they're sick.
Old 01-24-2009, 02:19 PM   #16
Lieutenant Dan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CtryBoyInMT View Post
I think fogs look like crap and you should take them out and send them to me!
Okay! Whats your address? I'll overnight them to yah!!!
Old 01-24-2009, 02:21 PM   #17
Lieutenant Dan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoholic View Post
What do these eyelids you speak of look like?
Are they for the fogs or headlights?
I know which ones you're talking of if they're for the headlights...they're sick.
Yeah their for the headlights. I had them for a little while but just got the paint for them.
Old 01-24-2009, 02:22 PM   #18
Mayor of TW

It goes on the top portion of the headlight -- makes the heads look meaner...
Old 01-24-2009, 02:24 PM   #19
Lieutenant Dan.

Quote:
It goes on the top portion of the headlight -- makes the heads look meaner...
Yup!!! Dang, every time I see you, you have a different signature!!!
Old 01-24-2009, 02:28 PM   #20
09 but I drive a 012 Expedition...
tacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff...I'm pretty sure
tacoholic's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to tacoholic
Quote:
Originally Posted by WW_FIREFIGHTER View Post
Yup!!! Dang, every time I see you, you have a different signature!!!
Ya know, I just said that in the TW Alphabet Game thread...