Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Wtf dealer!!!

Old 01-24-2009, 05:47 PM   #1
branct06 has a spectacular aura aboutbranct06 has a spectacular aura about
Name: Thomas
branct06's Tacoma Gallery
Wtf dealer!!!

I installed two hella 500 lights behind my grill, i didnt have time to wire them up because between school and track i had no time...... wonders of being a student athlete, but ya i decided to take it by toyota for shits and giggles to see how much they would charge to do the wiring. I was expecting them to be like 20$ (dont ask me why) to do the wiring because i had all the wires and switches and it would take them like 30 minutes to do it. the guy went in the back to talk to the techs and then came out and said i would have to leave my truck because it would take them 5-6 hrs to do it!!! WTF!!! then they told me it would cost me right at 350$$!!!!! I said hell no turned around and left. I called my coach and told him i had a meeting with a teacher to talk about a test and i wouldnt be at practice....... it took me an hour and a half and the wiring was done and the switch was installed...... WTF was the dealer thinking they are crazy!!!!
Old 01-24-2009, 06:03 PM   #4
Banned
Pster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Pster's Tacoma Gallery
What really PISSES ME OFF is when you have a large repair bill, like say $1200, and they still shove that "10% shop supplies fee" up your nether regions. That would be $120 worth of rags and stray grease........I call that THEFT.
Old 01-24-2009, 06:10 PM   #6
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Name: Mike
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pster View Post
I will say it again, Auto Dealers are mostly thieves, more or less.
x3... but ya gotta remember... it's a business - and for some unknown reason, people still take their vehicles there for out of warranty service and repair.

I have a fantastic local mechanic whom I trust. He knows I'm a car guy and only have taken it to him because I can't fit a Hunter in my garage...
Old 01-25-2009, 04:55 AM   #8
Banned
Pster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Pster's Tacoma Gallery
Making money and running a business means providing a service to customers "at a fair price" and not looking for ways to stick them with higher costs. Hell, auto dealers are local monopolies on their brand(s) - they charge high prices and stick their customers BECAUSE THEY CAN. I YEARN for the day when all dealers are OWNED BY THE CAR MNUFACTURERS......THE DEALERS FEAR THIS!!!!!
Old 02-09-2009, 07:36 AM   #9
Tortuga is on a distinguished road
Navy: SERE
Tortuga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by branct06 View Post
WTF was the dealer thinking they are crazy!!!!
Naw, they know exactly what they're doing. It's a non-standard, not in their manual job. 9 out of 10 owners won't pay that $350. But that tenth person with more money than mechanical sense or "more money always equals better" mentality will.
Which would average out to $35 per missed job and 13.5 manhours they could put on other jobs.