1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Wtf dealer!!!

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by branct06, Jan 24, 2009.

1. Jan 24, 2009 at 5:47 PM
    branct06

branct06 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Thomas
    norcross Ga. and High Point Nc.
    Vehicle:
    05 4x4 black sr5 long bed trd sport
    super 40 flowmaster turned down before rear axle, k&n intake, ipod interface, 20% 3m tint all the way around, grill craft mx series grill with 2 hella 500 behind the grill, 2 55 watt halogens mounted on uws black low profile toolbox, 3'' toytec ultimate lift kit sitting on black xd monsters and 285/65/18 BFG A/T, HID headlight kit
    I installed two hella 500 lights behind my grill, i didnt have time to wire them up because between school and track i had no time...... wonders of being a student athlete, but ya i decided to take it by toyota for shits and giggles to see how much they would charge to do the wiring. I was expecting them to be like 20$ (dont ask me why) to do the wiring because i had all the wires and switches and it would take them like 30 minutes to do it. the guy went in the back to talk to the techs and then came out and said i would have to leave my truck because it would take them 5-6 hrs to do it!!! WTF!!! then they told me it would cost me right at 350$$!!!!! I said hell no turned around and left. I called my coach and told him i had a meeting with a teacher to talk about a test and i wouldnt be at practice....... it took me an hour and a half and the wiring was done and the switch was installed...... WTF was the dealer thinking they are crazy!!!!

2. Jan 24, 2009 at 5:54 PM
    Pster

Pster Well-Known Member

Member:
    Charlotte, NC
    Vehicle:
    2006 Tacoma 4x4
    Bak Flip bed cover, shorty antenna, Peripheral iPod interface, Garmin 750 mount, add'l bed tie down rings, Westin nerf bars, hitch safe, tailgate lock, Ideal 1 3/4" turn-key clamp to secure tailgate from removal, Spare tire security cable, spare tire stainless air hose extender, Fumoto oil drain valve, Amp Research Bed X-Tender w/Schlage Cable Lock, bed mat, Redline hood struts
    I will say it again, Auto Dealers are mostly thieves, more or less.

3. Jan 24, 2009 at 5:57 PM
    branct06

Member:
    First Name:
    Thomas
    Vehicle:
    super 40 flowmaster turned down before rear axle, k&n intake, ipod interface, 20% 3m tint all the way around, grill craft mx series grill with 2 hella 500 behind the grill, 2 55 watt halogens mounted on uws black low profile toolbox, 3'' toytec ultimate lift kit sitting on black xd monsters and 285/65/18 BFG A/T, HID headlight kit
    I agree man!!

4. Jan 24, 2009 at 6:03 PM
    Pster

Pster Well-Known Member

Member:
    Charlotte, NC
    Vehicle:
    2006 Tacoma 4x4
    Bak Flip bed cover, shorty antenna, Peripheral iPod interface, Garmin 750 mount, add'l bed tie down rings, Westin nerf bars, hitch safe, tailgate lock, Ideal 1 3/4" turn-key clamp to secure tailgate from removal, Spare tire security cable, spare tire stainless air hose extender, Fumoto oil drain valve, Amp Research Bed X-Tender w/Schlage Cable Lock, bed mat, Redline hood struts
    What really PISSES ME OFF is when you have a large repair bill, like say $1200, and they still shove that "10% shop supplies fee" up your nether regions. That would be $120 worth of rags and stray grease........I call that THEFT.

5. Jan 24, 2009 at 6:05 PM
    branct06

Member:
    First Name:
    Thomas
    Vehicle:
    ya its bullshit

6. Jan 24, 2009 at 6:10 PM
    Delmarva

Delmarva Mayor of TW

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Tucson, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2013 4runner Limited Looking for a Taco
    It's the wife's T4R so it's stock
    x3... but ya gotta remember... it's a business - and for some unknown reason, people still take their vehicles there for out of warranty service and repair.

I have a fantastic local mechanic whom I trust. He knows I'm a car guy and only have taken it to him because I can't fit a Hunter in my garage... :thumbsup:

7. Jan 24, 2009 at 6:11 PM
    branct06

Member:
    First Name:
    Thomas
    Vehicle:
    i second that man, and we all know the main purpose of a business is to make money...

8. Jan 25, 2009 at 4:55 AM
    Pster

Pster Well-Known Member

Member:
    Charlotte, NC
    Vehicle:
    2006 Tacoma 4x4
    Making money and running a business means providing a service to customers "at a fair price" and not looking for ways to stick them with higher costs. Hell, auto dealers are local monopolies on their brand(s) - they charge high prices and stick their customers BECAUSE THEY CAN. I YEARN for the day when all dealers are OWNED BY THE CAR MNUFACTURERS......THE DEALERS FEAR THIS!!!!!

9. Feb 9, 2009 at 7:36 AM
    Tortuga

Tortuga Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2016 TRD OR DCLB
    Naw, they know exactly what they're doing. It's a non-standard, not in their manual job. 9 out of 10 owners won't pay that $350. But that tenth person with more money than mechanical sense or "more money always equals better" mentality will.
    Which would average out to $35 per missed job and 13.5 manhours they could put on other jobs.

Products Discussed in

To Top