Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Why do only some models have the daytime lights?

Old 01-24-2009, 07:40 PM   #1
jypwlkr1545 is on a distinguished road
jypwlkr1545's Tacoma Gallery
Why do only some models have the daytime lights?

I wanna know which models have the daytime lights (turn signal lights on) and if mine does not have them or use them.... can I change so they do come on or is there ANYTHING i can do to have them?
Old 01-24-2009, 07:45 PM   #2
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve-0
SocalMan22's Tacoma Gallery
Here ya go buy it here and do it your self.
http://trdparts4u.com/PD-DAYTIME-RL-KIT.aspx?MakeID=1
and how to install here
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/tec...stall-oem.html
Old 01-24-2009, 09:08 PM   #4
sweet thanks man
Old 01-25-2009, 10:23 AM   #6
ianham is on a distinguished road
ianham's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janster View Post
So why do some vehicles have it and others don't?

or is that a Canadian truck thing?

In Canada it is a requirement to have DRL. Not sure about different parts in the USA.
Old 01-25-2009, 10:24 AM   #7
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Name: Mike
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
Some trucks just seemed to have it installed. Maybe a location thing as well. I bought mine in AZ with no DRL and put them in myself.
Old 01-25-2009, 10:24 AM   #8
mall crawlin', web wheelin', concrete cowboy
FlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
FlawedXJ's Tacoma Gallery
When i bought my truck recently, it was a 40 dollar option
Old 02-17-2009, 06:39 PM   #9
Need some help installing drl's

so i finally got to putting the damn things in but this flasher is huge and doesnt have the same connection as the previous one, which is way smaller. i didnt get a chance to check out where the relay goes before i started putting everything back together. i was a lil nervous disconnecting all this stuff but like u guys said theres really only one place for everything. any one have input on this, id really appreciate it. i checked the model #'s for both parts just to make sure and theyre both right.
Old 02-17-2009, 06:44 PM   #10
whitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
whitebread's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifesaflaw123 View Post
When i bought my truck recently, it was a 40 dollar option
x2.
Old 02-17-2009, 07:00 PM   #11
2nd connection on relay

so i finally figured out that the new relay has the connection for the previous flasher. but what about the 2nd connection on the relay. what happens w/that?