Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Changing head light bulbs in my 2010

Old 11-13-2012, 01:57 PM   #1
paid4c4 is on a distinguished road
paid4c4's Tacoma Gallery
Changing head light bulbs in my 2010

I want to change the headlight bulbs in my 2010 Tac. Is the retainer ring the hard rubber/plastic that the bulbs fit into, is that what I turn to get the bulbs out? I thought I would ask before I break something. The search feature didn't produce an answer.
Bill
Old 11-13-2012, 02:08 PM   #2
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
That rubber boot pulls straight off, then you will see the retainer ring. Nothing twists off. It's a PITA to change the bulbs in these trucks with the battery and windshield washer fluid reservior in place. I've found it easiest to move them first.
Old 11-14-2012, 05:33 AM   #3
jeratbp is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeratbp is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeratbp is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeratbp is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeratbp is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeratbp is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeratbp is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeratbp is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeratbp is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeratbp is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeratbp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeremy
jeratbp's Tacoma Gallery
I was able to change mine without moving the battery or washer res. it sucked, but still got it done.

The rubber boot was the biggest pain. At one point I thought I was going to break something.

Once that was removed it was easy to remove the clip and replace the light.
Old 11-14-2012, 05:36 AM   #4
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeratbp View Post
I was able to change mine without moving the battery or washer res. it sucked, but still got it done.

The rubber boot was the biggest pain. At one point I thought I was going to break something.

Once that was removed it was easy to remove the clip and replace the light.
It can be done, but it's a PITA! I had a hard time fishing the new bulb into place without touching it or dropping it so now, I just remove the obstacles.
Old 06-18-2013, 05:18 AM   #5
jeratbp is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeratbp is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeratbp is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeratbp is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeratbp is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeratbp is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeratbp is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeratbp is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeratbp is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeratbp is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeratbp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jeratbp's Tacoma Gallery
Well not even a year later and the SilverStar Ultra 9003 bulb I bought is already out on the passenger side. POS!
Old 06-18-2013, 05:56 AM   #6

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeratbp View Post
Well not even a year later and the SilverStar Ultra 9003 bulb I bought is already out on the passenger side. POS!
You shouldn't be overly surprised about this. Look at the side of the box, they clearly show you that the live of the Silverstar Ultras are about 1/5 what they're normal, every day bulbs are. The shortened life expectancy is common among all the brighter burning halogens.
Old 06-19-2013, 10:29 AM   #7

jeratbp's Tacoma Gallery
Well I've ordered the OEM bulbs from Toyota Parts Zone