1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

TheRetrofitSource headlight issues...

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by RacerAV, Nov 15, 2012.

1. Nov 15, 2012 at 5:51 PM
    RacerAV

RacerAV [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    OC, CA
    Vehicle:
    '09 DCSB4x4 (sold)
    Well, after a long shitty day, I come home to see my package from TRS, finally! Woohoo... See, I installed my FRS projector kit, only to realize my kit was missing some stuff, well I bought it last year, and never inventoried it. My bad. So had to buy some pig tails, they gave me a little discount. okay...
    Got it all installed, bam, one ballasts sparks and goes out, a flash, a noise, and nothing.
    SO, then I had to order another ballast, but didnt want one older model and one new model ballast, so I paid for one, and got one under warranty.
    Opened my package up, bam, ONE ballast, 55W... my kit is a 35W.

I've avoided (by either NOT going anywhere at night, or borrowing someones car) driving without one headlight, but it's been damn 11 days now. This sucks.

I'm going out tonight, and my only option is my truck. Can I plug in the 55W ballast to my drivers side projector headlight, and keep the 35W ballast on the other side, without any problems? Or does the main harness need to be a 55W as well? Need to know soon... leaving in 45 minutes.

If I get a freaking ticket for this, I'm going to explode...

... damn it... do they just hate me? Or are they so busy stuff like this "just happens?" argh... rant over... please help.

2. Nov 15, 2012 at 7:41 PM
    RacerAV

RacerAV [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    OC, CA
    Vehicle:
    '09 DCSB4x4 (sold)
    Okay. I've gotta take back some errors on my part. I brought the ballast with me to dinner. Got to the place early so opened the hood and checked things out. The new ballast is in fact a 35W part. But the "SS" looks like a "55" leading me to believe they sent the wrong one. It's the right one and works great. I'm still missing my paid for or the warranty replacement ballast but I'm sure TRS will send the other one out.

Products Discussed in

To Top