Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Roof lights....

Old 11-18-2012, 11:20 AM   #1
Alexander Supertramp
lodi781 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlodi781 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlodi781 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlodi781 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlodi781 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlodi781 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlodi781 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlodi781 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlodi781 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlodi781 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlodi781 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter: Stamford Fire Department, Group 3 truck 3
lodi781's Tacoma Gallery
Roof lights....

What are people running for light mounting points on the roof?. I was interested in some extra lighting options, but don't want the lights at the bumper for a few reasons, Mainly because I drive the highway 20 miles to work everyday, and I95 is a meat grinder.Plus my luck i'll put some nice lights on a bumper bar then get into a light fenderbender totally Fucking my lights and bumper. So I decided they were better off on the roof. Any Ideas? I suppose I could just use something from yakima or something, but wanted a lower profile bar.....any help would be greatly appreciated....Thanks
Old 11-18-2012, 11:47 AM   #2
Chewie is my Co-pilot
YumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
YumaTRD's Tacoma Gallery
The sleekest roof top light bars ive seen are maid by N-fab for the Ford Raptor. Its just two brackets that bolt up to the roof.

Old 11-18-2012, 11:52 AM   #4
tc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nik
tc98tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Im speachless
Old 11-18-2012, 11:57 AM   #6
Alexander Supertramp
lodi781 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlodi781 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlodi781 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlodi781 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlodi781 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlodi781 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlodi781 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlodi781 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlodi781 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlodi781 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlodi781 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
lodi781's Tacoma Gallery
Dam...that's a sweet Raptor....WTF were we talking about again?
Old 11-18-2012, 11:59 AM   #7
DUSTOFF
dustin81 has a brilliant futuredustin81 has a brilliant futuredustin81 has a brilliant futuredustin81 has a brilliant futuredustin81 has a brilliant futuredustin81 has a brilliant futuredustin81 has a brilliant futuredustin81 has a brilliant futuredustin81 has a brilliant futuredustin81 has a brilliant futuredustin81 has a brilliant future

Army: INFANTRY 1/200th
dustin81's Tacoma Gallery
mounting mine on the OEM roof rack. dont know how yet, but ill probably just drill a hole for each light through the cross bars.
Old 11-18-2012, 12:02 PM   #8
Chewie is my Co-pilot
YumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
YumaTRD's Tacoma Gallery
here is the location of the pre-threaded slots for the OEM roof rack

Im sure some of our TW fabricators can build some brackets for us
Old 11-18-2012, 12:17 PM   #9
selftaughtguru is one of the sharper tools in the shedselftaughtguru is one of the sharper tools in the shedselftaughtguru is one of the sharper tools in the shedselftaughtguru is one of the sharper tools in the shedselftaughtguru is one of the sharper tools in the shedselftaughtguru is one of the sharper tools in the shedselftaughtguru is one of the sharper tools in the shedselftaughtguru is one of the sharper tools in the shedselftaughtguru is one of the sharper tools in the shedselftaughtguru is one of the sharper tools in the shedselftaughtguru is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Aaron
selftaughtguru's Tacoma Gallery
The mounting shouldn't be too hard. I'm similarly thinking I'll use the roof rack once I get it. It's the running wires that has me more concerned. I don't have the satellite antenna pod on my roof and am not too stoked in drilling holes in the roof of my new truck.
Old 11-18-2012, 04:57 PM   #10
Alexander Supertramp
lodi781's Tacoma Gallery
I was thinking of running the wires behind the cab between my cap and the back of the cab and threading the wires through one of the grommets on the rear wall. I plan on putting the bar toward the back of the cab above the rear door.
Old 11-18-2012, 05:02 PM   #11
t4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

t4daddy's Tacoma Gallery
Can you use running lights that high, (roof height) legally, on the highway?
Old 11-18-2012, 05:09 PM   #12
GO VOLS!
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by t4daddy View Post
Can you use running lights that high, (roof height) legally, on the highway?
nothings illegal till you get caught. -tickle
Old 11-18-2012, 09:54 PM   #13
Alexander Supertramp
lodi781's Tacoma Gallery
I don't know what your states laws are, but mine say no ore than four foward facing white lights on roadways. But off road lights are illegal to use on roadways as well, although you can have as many of them on your truck as you want, just only use them offroad...
Old 11-18-2012, 09:56 PM   #14
GO VOLS!
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lodi781 View Post
I don't know what your states laws are, but mine say no ore than four foward facing white lights on roadways. But off road lights are illegal to use on roadways as well, although you can have as many of them on your truck as you want, just only use them offroad...
thats what it is here. also you donít have to have the off road lights covered on roadways.
Old 11-18-2012, 10:13 PM   #15
t4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

t4daddy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lodi781 View Post
Correct, but there are also some height limits as well, (only so many inches from the ground) so any roof mounted lights will be illegal for use on the highway.
Old 11-19-2012, 06:22 AM   #16
Alexander Supertramp
lodi781's Tacoma Gallery
Ahha...I think there maybe something like that in CT...no lights higher than the factory installed headlights I think for roadway use.....but if there's some big snow storm and no one else is out on the roads and I have to go to work, i'd use them, the cops around here aren't that bad where they'd say something in a situation like that.
Old 11-19-2012, 07:27 AM   #17
Instagram: stormtrooptaco
HighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud of

Name: Hank
HighTQCummins's Tacoma Gallery
Here in PA they are hell about uncovered roof lights. Two of my friends have xterras that i put daylighters on the roof, not 5-10 minutes out of the driveway both got pulled over.

I had a statey tell me that the lightforces on my 07 (before totaled, lights on NFab bar in the front) needed to be covered at all times because they sat foward of the headlights and thats illegal. Just my luck a wrangler pulled up w/ the factory bumper fogs and I just pointed and smiled.

If you don't give them a reason to pull you over, or have the covers in the truck, they'll let you go most of the time