Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

HID help, ballast box went out? Unknown brand..

Old 11-24-2012, 07:33 AM   #1
Hunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter: Probie
Hunter500ky's Tacoma Gallery
HID help, ballast box went out? Unknown brand..

Hey guys I searched and can usually figure this out but I don't want to waste money.

I got some BHLM lights from a member heck a year or so ago and they came with HID's. They have worked great until the last month.

The passenger sometimes doesn't kick on, traded the ballast box and figured out thats the problem.

Well now its dead dead, I'm not sure of the brand as I don't see any name on it or any writing. It's just a silver box.

So does anyone know if I can get any random ballast box and use it or no? I'm guessing not, so any ideas? I can post pics later.
Old 11-24-2012, 11:11 AM   #3
Hunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Holy crap didn't think it would be that much ugh!

lol thanks!
Old 11-24-2012, 11:20 AM   #4
t4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

t4daddy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter500ky View Post
Holy crap didn't think it would be that much ugh!

lol thanks!
You can buy a ballast for way less than mentioned above. I've ran el cheapo ones in my wife's car or almost four years, no problems, the ones in my projectors, converted Hellas and fogs in my Taco are over two years old as well.
Old 11-24-2012, 11:21 AM   #5
Just think outside the Yota
CayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
CayucosTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
ddm tuning is a cheaper replacement, but quality isn't as good. I've been running them in my offroad light with no problems.
http://ddmtuning.com/
Old 11-24-2012, 11:25 AM   #6
Ok the main question I have is, will any ballast box work?

I didn't know if it had to be specific?
Old 11-24-2012, 11:26 AM   #7
Just think outside the Yota
CayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
CayucosTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

pretty sure any ballasts will work
Old 11-24-2012, 11:29 AM   #8
ambiguous is one of the sharper tools in the shedambiguous is one of the sharper tools in the shedambiguous is one of the sharper tools in the shedambiguous is one of the sharper tools in the shedambiguous is one of the sharper tools in the shedambiguous is one of the sharper tools in the shedambiguous is one of the sharper tools in the shedambiguous is one of the sharper tools in the shedambiguous is one of the sharper tools in the shedambiguous is one of the sharper tools in the shedambiguous is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Burt
ambiguous's Tacoma Gallery
Any ballasts from an aftermarket company should work as they have similar connectors. Make sure your grounds are all good before spending the money on a ballast.
Old 11-24-2012, 11:30 AM   #9
10-4 thanks guys!

I took my box apart, I try to fix stuff my self first. It seems water got into it and now some inside is rusted. ewww lol

Ordering from DDM now thanks!
Old 11-24-2012, 11:30 AM   #10
t4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

t4daddy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CayucosTacoma View Post
pretty sure any ballasts will work
Pretty sure any will work. I just glanced over on eBay, a single ballast can be had for less than $10.00, and that was for a "slim" or digital one, complete system (2 bulbs, 2 ballast, harness) for $29.00 with free shipping.