1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

baking headlights - is it safe??

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by cgs2k2, Nov 26, 2012.

1. Nov 28, 2012 at 10:18 AM
    cgs2k2

cgs2k2 [OP] old man

Member:
    haha thanks for the responses guys.

again, i'm not super worried - but i'd rather not do something that could affect the future health of my family - cancer, etc...

i'll probably just buy some ebay black headlights and add a bead of silicone around the seal for good measure.

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  2. Nov 29, 2012 at 2:30 AM
    eXtenzeHI

eXtenzeHI Well-Known Member

Member:
    Honolulu
    Vehicle:
    2008 Speedway Blue X-runner
    TRD Boost | TRD 1st Gen CAI | 20X8.5/10.5 Staggered XXR 521 (Powdercoated White) Wrapped with 255/35/20; 275/35/20 Kumho Ecsta SPT | Full Vinyl Evo Mod | Black Billet Grille | Sticker Bomb'd Wink Mirror | WeatherTech Visors | Carbon Fiber Stubby Antenna | Pistachio Green X-brace | DJM UCA and LCA | DJM 3" Blocks No-Notch (for now) | Snugtop Tonneu | Morimoto FX-R with Gatling gun Shrouds and BHLM | Tinted Tails | Tinted "Hawaiian Islands" Third brake light | Fog light Mod | Tinted Tails | Nokya Hyper Yellow Fogs | SWB Painted Interior | Alpine Single Din | 10" Rockford Sub with box | Rockford Amps | Tweeters
    Amen.

3. Nov 29, 2012 at 2:31 AM
    eXtenzeHI

eXtenzeHI Well-Known Member

Member:
    Honolulu
    Vehicle:
    2008 Speedway Blue X-runner
    TRD Boost | TRD 1st Gen CAI | 20X8.5/10.5 Staggered XXR 521 (Powdercoated White) Wrapped with 255/35/20; 275/35/20 Kumho Ecsta SPT | Full Vinyl Evo Mod | Black Billet Grille | Sticker Bomb'd Wink Mirror | WeatherTech Visors | Carbon Fiber Stubby Antenna | Pistachio Green X-brace | DJM UCA and LCA | DJM 3" Blocks No-Notch (for now) | Snugtop Tonneu | Morimoto FX-R with Gatling gun Shrouds and BHLM | Tinted Tails | Tinted "Hawaiian Islands" Third brake light | Fog light Mod | Tinted Tails | Nokya Hyper Yellow Fogs | SWB Painted Interior | Alpine Single Din | 10" Rockford Sub with box | Rockford Amps | Tweeters
    Make sure you aim them properly too. My ebay lights has BS aim and has dents in the reflector bowls which made my output look stupid.

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  4. Dec 11, 2012 at 12:54 PM
    TacoRider420

TacoRider420 Member

Member:
    Santa Cruz CA
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner SR5
    LED headlights Blue Neons 24" Rims
    bro, im baked now! but newayz, my bro Jimmy from the beach did this and his cases blew out in the oven! LOL but newayz i think you can do it if ur safe! stay high bro!

5. Jan 2, 2023 at 9:33 PM
    cal45fan

cal45fan Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Vehicle:
    2003 Tacoma 4X4 V6
    I bake BMW headlights where the lens and body are glued together by butyl tape.

Been doing it for years. The key is to bake it just to soften the glue so you can pry apart the lens and body.

Pre heat to 220F. Stick headlight in oven. No more than 12minutes.

I just bought a pair of OEM 3rd Gen headlights to see what mods I can do. I’ll keep you all posted.

Products Discussed in

To Top