Notices

Behind grill light suggestions

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-26-2012, 06:55 PM   #1
steelers4582 is on a distinguished road
Name: Chad
steelers4582's Tacoma Gallery
Behind grill light suggestions

Looking to put 2 lights behind my Grillcraft. Just ordered a BAMF light bar. Any suggestions for lights?
Old 11-27-2012, 01:16 PM   #3
Purveyor of Fun
benbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: ^
benbacher's Tacoma Gallery
Hellas are good, a light bar is better
Light force 170's will fit if you don't have a satoshi I believe. Lots of options. I wouldn't go Piaa though. Just personal preference.
Old 11-27-2012, 01:31 PM   #6
Blueanimal is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueanimal is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueanimal is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueanimal is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueanimal is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueanimal is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueanimal is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueanimal is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueanimal is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueanimal is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueanimal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Firefighter/ EMT
Name: Matt
Blueanimal's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by benbacher View Post
Hellas are good, a light bar is better
Light force 170's will fit if you don't have a satoshi I believe. Lots of options. I wouldn't go Piaa though. Just personal preference.
I was wondering if I could fit my 170's behind the grill if I did a grillecraft style grill. Anyone no for sure? I thought I read about someone doing it...
Old 11-27-2012, 01:38 PM   #7
Bullwinkle J. Moose
bjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
bjmoose's Tacoma Gallery
For the price of two lightforce 170s, you can get four "Kragen" HIDs

http://www.trifectaoffroad.com/Custo...-Beam-Pattern/

Those are probably what I'm going to go with.
Old 11-27-2012, 01:44 PM   #9
Blueanimal is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueanimal is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueanimal is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueanimal is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueanimal is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueanimal is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueanimal is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueanimal is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueanimal is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueanimal is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueanimal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjmoose View Post
For the price of two lightforce 170s, you can get four "Kragen" HIDs

http://www.trifectaoffroad.com/Custo...-Beam-Pattern/

Those are probably what I'm going to go with.
My two lightforce's are as bright as my buddy's four kragen hids
Old 11-27-2012, 01:52 PM   #10
Bullwinkle J. Moose
bjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bjmoose's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueanimal View Post
My two lightforce's are as bright as my buddy's four kragen hids
Pix?

It's not that I don't believe you. But it would be a cool photo demonstration.

Bascially, I wouldn't be too surprised to find out that candlepower/dollars is roughly a constant across brands.
Old 11-28-2012, 04:37 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjmoose View Post
Pix?

It's not that I don't believe you. But it would be a cool photo demonstration.

Bascially, I wouldn't be too surprised to find out that candlepower/dollars is roughly a constant across brands.
It's cool.
And sorry to thread jack OP.

But we have a trip planned for the end of December, I'll update with pics if I remember.
Old 11-28-2012, 08:53 AM   #12
Palehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPalehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPalehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPalehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPalehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPalehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPalehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPalehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPalehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPalehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPalehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Palehorse1's Tacoma Gallery
IPF 900 XS lights behind Black Diamond Fab grill.

Old 11-28-2012, 09:06 AM   #13
Bullwinkle J. Moose

bjmoose's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palehorse1 View Post
IPF 900 XS lights behind Black Diamond Fab grill.

What grill is that? Looks nice!

EDIT. Crap. I can't read. It says right there in the quote. "Black Diamond Fab Grill." DOH!
Old 11-28-2012, 09:10 AM   #14
Banned
acdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
acdronin's Tacoma Gallery
I think mine is an older grillcraft IIRC, i mounted it flush with the opening, not inserted into the openings like you can do with the satoshis, the reason i did this is so that i don't have to fill the openings left from where i cut the old grill out. This left me a lot of room for lights.

Notice all the lights are mounted forward on the slots of the lightbar, the middle two are some off brand i can't recall, the outer two are older KC Daylighters which are as deep as lightforce 170's, the KC's are deeper than any of the hellas that would fit in your application IIRC I'll see if i can find a pic around here someone posted of four lightforce 170's

Old 11-28-2012, 09:20 AM   #15
Banned
acdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
acdronin's Tacoma Gallery

Products Discussed in this Thread