1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Wanting to buy some new LED halo lights, advice?

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by gospurs21, Nov 26, 2012.

1. Nov 26, 2012 at 11:07 PM
    gospurs21

gospurs21 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Brownsville, Texas
    Vehicle:
    05 x2 Cab Texas Edition V6 prerunner, TRD
    This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  2. Nov 27, 2012 at 6:32 AM
    gospurs21

gospurs21 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Brownsville, Texas
    Vehicle:
    05 x2 Cab Texas Edition V6 prerunner, TRD
  3. Nov 27, 2012 at 10:24 AM
    fallon

fallon Well-Known Member

Member:
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    TRD Sport 4x4
    If you search around, the general consensus is "ebay" lights suck. Several threads with people talking about how they went back to stock or did a proper retrofit because the ebay lights put out less light with worse focus than stock.

4. Dec 2, 2012 at 8:47 PM
    damoihunta

damoihunta TACO's anyone???

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2012 double cab 4x4
    Procomp 3" lift 33" on XDs LED gauge swap LED map and dome lights grill craft mesh grill Rigid Industries D2s floods Rigid Industries SR6 driving lights Soon to come.
    Yeah bought some LED bulbs from DNA motoring in City of Industry,Ca. Do some research before you buy from them. I the bulbs I bought didn't fit and when I tried to return them they offered me free replacements and a refund if I gave them an "excellent" rating on eBay. So I did, and said thank you. But instead of getting a refund I asked to use that towards some LED license plate bulbs instead. They also told me that I can keep the other bulbs, and didn't have to send them back. So I'm supposed to get free bulbs, plus license plate bulbs coming right...wrong they send me the license plate bulbs, but not the other bulbs. Here's another thing, they don't fit either... They're too long. So I email them and now they are telling me to send both sets of bulbs back for a refund. So I call...and start asking the guy about getting the right bulbs sent to me, the guy only knows from a chart what the number of the bulbs are...shoot I already knew that!!! I ask "is there anyone there that can help me that actually knows which bulbs actually fit for my application? And the guy says, "we don't have a 2012 Tacoma here to test every bulb that is in that truck". Duh? I know that but through customer feedback like mine, you would think they would make some notes on the products that they sell right? NO! So I say I don't want a refund! I just want the right bulbs! He tells me to send the bulbs back and go buy them from someone else!!!! What company tells customers that? So I ask to speak to a manager, guess what? He is the manager!!! So I ask to speak to the owner? Guess what? He's unavailable! Then he tells me that he's gonna end the call as I was not satisfied with the answer that he gave me... Don't buy from them!!! After looking more on line I came across a number of customers who had the same experiences as I did. I should have looked them up first instead of going by "excellent" "Five star" ratings, because I got sucked into giving them one of those ratings on eBay before this whole fiasco! Beware of DNA motoring! They don't only sell bulbs!!!

5. Dec 2, 2012 at 8:50 PM
    spitfire501

spitfire501 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Austin
    Napa, CA

Products Discussed in

To Top