LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Fog Light's Dead?

Old 11-27-2012, 01:04 PM   #1
zrwhat has a spectacular aura aboutzrwhat has a spectacular aura aboutzrwhat has a spectacular aura about
zrwhat's Tacoma Gallery
Fog Light's Dead?

I've had my Slimcubby HID Headlights and Fog's installed for about a year and a half. About 6 months or so ago I noticed one of my fog's were out, not knowing if it was a bad bulb I just decided I would leave them off until I got around to looking at it. 6 months later, I decided to crawl under the truck last night and pull the bulb and check the wiring. Before crawling under I flipped on the fogs because I didn't remember which bulb it was that was out. The Fog switch didn't light up and neither did either bulb. So I pulled out the manual to see which fuse the fogs were (WTF no listing of fuses in the owners manual, that's a first for me). At least they were decently marked. I assume the #2 15A fuse under the hood is the only fuse for the fogs, and it was perfect (Swapped it out with the new replacement just because). Is there a possibility that I took out the factory relay, or is there a problem somewhere in my wiring? Thanks for the help!
Old 11-29-2012, 10:21 AM   #2
zrwhat has a spectacular aura aboutzrwhat has a spectacular aura aboutzrwhat has a spectacular aura about
zrwhat's Tacoma Gallery
Must be the only person that has had issues with their foglights & HID?
Old 12-02-2012, 01:53 PM   #3
I'm different, in a different way
franzcars is one of the sharper tools in the shedfranzcars is one of the sharper tools in the shedfranzcars is one of the sharper tools in the shedfranzcars is one of the sharper tools in the shedfranzcars is one of the sharper tools in the shedfranzcars is one of the sharper tools in the shedfranzcars is one of the sharper tools in the shedfranzcars is one of the sharper tools in the shedfranzcars is one of the sharper tools in the shedfranzcars is one of the sharper tools in the shedfranzcars is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
franzcars's Tacoma Gallery
Check the ballests. When i had HID's in my fogs both ballests went out so i converted back to normal lights. Do you have any of the stock bulbs left to plug into it to see if that was the cause?
Old 12-03-2012, 04:36 AM   #4
zrwhat's Tacoma Gallery
Main headlight came back on after I cycled the headlights a few times. I am going to order another set of HID bulbs for the fogs to rule that out.
Old 12-04-2012, 05:34 PM   #5
I'm different, in a different way
franzcars is one of the sharper tools in the shedfranzcars is one of the sharper tools in the shedfranzcars is one of the sharper tools in the shedfranzcars is one of the sharper tools in the shedfranzcars is one of the sharper tools in the shedfranzcars is one of the sharper tools in the shedfranzcars is one of the sharper tools in the shedfranzcars is one of the sharper tools in the shedfranzcars is one of the sharper tools in the shedfranzcars is one of the sharper tools in the shedfranzcars is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
franzcars's Tacoma Gallery
To rule out the bulbs just hook them up to the main headlight ballests. I'm pretty sure it's the ballests since it happened to me