Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Reverse lights

Old 11-29-2012, 12:26 AM   #1
HolyReptar is one of the sharper tools in the shedHolyReptar is one of the sharper tools in the shedHolyReptar is one of the sharper tools in the shedHolyReptar is one of the sharper tools in the shedHolyReptar is one of the sharper tools in the shedHolyReptar is one of the sharper tools in the shedHolyReptar is one of the sharper tools in the shedHolyReptar is one of the sharper tools in the shedHolyReptar is one of the sharper tools in the shedHolyReptar is one of the sharper tools in the shedHolyReptar is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bry
HolyReptar's Tacoma Gallery
Reverse lights

So newb to electrical items.

If I wanted to connect a new set of lights to turn on when my current reverse lights would go on how do I go about it?

Just splice the wires or is there a better way to do it?
Old 11-29-2012, 12:31 AM   #2
Cornfed
95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
I think you could do it that way, when I wire mine up I'm gonna put Tim on a switch so I can run the independent.
Old 11-29-2012, 12:39 AM   #3
Qwkzotc is on a distinguished road

Air Force:
Name: Dan
Qwkzotc's Tacoma Gallery
hitch reverse lighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnwTaco View Post
So newb to electrical items.

If I wanted to connect a new set of lights to turn on when my current reverse lights would go on how do I go about it?

Just splice the wires or is there a better way to do it?

Rather than looking at the backup lights, if you have a towing package you might look at the wiring on the trailer plug. I use a 55W light that actually plugs in to the trailer plug and comes on nicely in reverse (of course when I don't have a trailer hooked up). Got it online from Cabela's. Have seen others that mount to the actual hitch and plug in to the trailer plug.
Old 11-29-2012, 12:11 PM   #4
HolyReptar is one of the sharper tools in the shedHolyReptar is one of the sharper tools in the shedHolyReptar is one of the sharper tools in the shedHolyReptar is one of the sharper tools in the shedHolyReptar is one of the sharper tools in the shedHolyReptar is one of the sharper tools in the shedHolyReptar is one of the sharper tools in the shedHolyReptar is one of the sharper tools in the shedHolyReptar is one of the sharper tools in the shedHolyReptar is one of the sharper tools in the shedHolyReptar is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bry
HolyReptar's Tacoma Gallery
Hadn't thought of the trailer hitch idea, but its definitely there seems like I need to make room for more switches in my truck haha