Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Best Fogs for Relentless Fab front plate bumper

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-30-2012, 09:20 AM   #1
mmcmahan2206 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmmcmahan2206 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmmcmahan2206 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmmcmahan2206 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmmcmahan2206 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmmcmahan2206 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmmcmahan2206 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmmcmahan2206 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmmcmahan2206 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmmcmahan2206 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmmcmahan2206 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Firefighter/EMT(Medic in trailing)
Name: Matt
mmcmahan2206's Tacoma Gallery
Best Fogs for Relentless Fab front plate bumper

So I'm expecting eric to have the bumper to me sometime in the next month. I had him do the base bumper with no tubing and 4 inch fog recesses.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/rel...te-bumper.html

What are the best options for fog lights fitting in those 4 inch recesses?

Just FYI - I've got driving lights (Hella 500 Black Majic w/ 100w bulbs) which I'll be mounting on the top of the bumper in front of the grill.

Here's my before pic:

And After:

Got these: http://www.anzousa.com/off-road/rugg...ight-pair.html (also went with 55w HIDs in my Hellas)
Old 11-30-2012, 09:22 AM   #2
BDUF#
XXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: sKiP
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Piaa should be the bottom of your list http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/pro...ml#post4294227
Old 11-30-2012, 09:35 AM   #4
BDUF#
XXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmcmahan2206 View Post
Thanks for the heads up! I was actually looking at those ones yesterday...
No problem. That's why I did the review....to save others from going down the same road as I did.

IMHO the OE fogs are best and can be found cheap on e-bay.

If I had to do it all over again I would of kept my OE fogs and installed them in my Relentless bumper, but I "thought" Piaa's would be better.

Hindsight is always 20/20
Old 11-30-2012, 09:46 AM   #5
mmcmahan2206 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmmcmahan2206 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmmcmahan2206 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmmcmahan2206 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmmcmahan2206 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmmcmahan2206 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmmcmahan2206 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmmcmahan2206 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmmcmahan2206 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmmcmahan2206 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmmcmahan2206 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Firefighter/EMT(Medic in trailing)
mmcmahan2206's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by XXXX View Post
No problem. That's why I did the review....to save others from going down the same road as I did.

IMHO the OE fogs are best and can be found cheap on e-bay.

If I had to do it all over again I would of kept my OE fogs and installed them in my Relentless bumper, but I "thought" Piaa's would be better.

Hindsight is always 20/20
Ha! Yeah... I wish I had OE fogs to begin with!
Old 11-30-2012, 10:10 AM   #6
Old Man Winter
95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 34th SIG
Name: Tom
95SLE's Tacoma Gallery
If you can find a set, Bosch used to make a 4in fog lamp assembly. Pretty sturdy with a decent light pattern IIRC.

CIBIE makes one but it is 5in. Too bad Light Force does not make one. I do not see any bad reviews of Light Force.

FWIW I am running a set of PIAA 510's in my stock bumper. Not a bad light but now I am afraid to see what I will find when I have to replace a bulb. I found the set on eBay for around $129.

There are not many options out there. You might want to check out LED type solutions.
Old 11-30-2012, 10:12 AM   #7
BDUF#

XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95SLE View Post
If you can find a set, Bosch used to make a 4in fog lamp assembly. Pretty sturdy with a decent light pattern IIRC.

CIBIE makes one but it is 5in. Too bad Light Force does not make one. I do not see any bad reviews of Light Force.

FWIW I am running a set of PIAA 510's in my stock bumper. Not a bad light but now I am afraid to see what I will find when I have to replace a bulb. I found the set on eBay for around $129.

There are not many options out there. You might want to check out LED type solutions.

You should be fine Tom as long as your not dipping them in water and mud like I did.
Old 11-30-2012, 10:18 AM   #8
la0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shed

la0d0g's Tacoma Gallery
I'm running PIAA 510s and have been pleased with their performance. Haven't had any leak issues even after blasting through the mud at the mall. Now my headlights on the other hand...
Old 11-30-2012, 10:26 AM   #9
Old Man Winter
95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

95SLE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by XXXX View Post
You should be fine Tom as long as your not dipping them in water and mud like I did.
I hope so. I read your review and gave it a 2 thumbs up. In todays internet market there is no excuse for poor customer service at all.

I wish CIBIE mad a light that would fit. They may be old school but they still work well. For off roading I reall like the Light Force. They are indestructable. and throw out a quality light pattern.
Old 11-30-2012, 08:45 PM   #13
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
nofords08's Tacoma Gallery
nothing wrong with square lights in a round hole
Old 12-01-2012, 06:17 AM   #15
Old Man Winter

95SLE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmcmahan2206 View Post
I stand corrected! You're right... those look fine! How's the light output o those beasts??
Also does the light pattern work well in the fog and snow or does the light bounce back into your eyes?
Old 12-01-2012, 06:41 AM   #16
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
They are extremely bright for the size and i highly recommend them, mine are the D2 Duallies that produce 5200 lumens, as is they are okay in snow but Rigid Industries makes several covers that snap on for different driving conditions! i got the driving pattern and its perfect

a little better picture for you.
Old 12-01-2012, 06:43 AM   #17
Old Man Winter

95SLE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nofords08 View Post
They are extremely bright for the size and i highly recommend them, mine are the D2 Duallies that produce 5200 lumens, as is they are okay in snow but Rigid Industries makes several covers that snap on for different driving conditions! i got the driving pattern and its perfect

THX for pointing out you have the driving pattern. A lot different than a fog pattern.
Old 12-01-2012, 06:45 AM   #18
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95SLE View Post

THX for pointing out you have the driving pattern. A lot different than a fog pattern.
Leds dont shoot far anyway, the driving lights work enough for a fog light and provide a better pattern in my opinion
Old 12-01-2012, 07:03 AM   #19
Old Man Winter

95SLE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nofords08 View Post
Leds dont shoot far anyway, the driving lights work enough for a fog light and provide a better pattern in my opinion

I was out on the website and the beam pattern of the diffused lens was pretty close to a fog but the beam spread did not reach 60 60 meters wide till it was 20 meters in front of the light.

The CIBIE Airport 35, I currently run, have a 100 meter spread that is 10 meters in front of the vehicle.

However the Dually diffused will light up the road farther than the CIBIE lamps.

It all gets down to choice in the end. I am a product of the 60's and CIBIE was a top quality brand then. Now days Lightforce seems to be the way to go not only for the light output but for the duarability of the lens. However the Rigid lights intrigue me and I might have to purchase a set.

I will also say that I have a street Tacoma and one that will not be off road.

I might ad that your lighting on your Tacoma looks like it works really well.
Old 12-01-2012, 07:04 AM   #20
yeah my 2 7" kragens give me good distance while the d2 duallies and fx-r projects let me see anything and everything close and wide to the truck

Products Discussed in this Thread