1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

TRS D2S bulbs Help!

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Hughesc99, Dec 1, 2012.

1. Dec 1, 2012 at 1:56 PM
    Hughesc99

Hughesc99 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Derby, KS
    Got my retrofit kit in yesterday and have been working on it all day today. I just went to test the projectors and the bulbs and realized something pretty shitty....Im pretty sure TRS sent me the wrong ballasts. It doesnt have the D2S connection, but instead has the 2 wires like the normal HID kits. Am I missing something else? Also is there any way to get this to work...you know...since I have to work on Monday and TRS isnt even open until then...Can anyone shed some light???

Disclaimer- I am in no way bashing TRS...they have been great so far. I have only said that I think I got the wrong parts. I say this b/c I dont want someone to take this the wrong way.

2. Dec 1, 2012 at 2:03 PM
    ironman_jon

ironman_jon Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    Vehicle:
    Prerunner Sport
    URD TCAI Wicked Flow 18" 2 10in alpine type r 1500 watt amp MB 72 matte black Custom Bumper Debadged Glassworks fenders McNeil bedsides Helix TB Spacer Intake Manifold Spacer Custom Roof Rack 5x 55w HID SK2 projectors 55w DDM 5k Bulbs Camburg Long Travel Fox Coilovers
  3. Dec 1, 2012 at 2:08 PM
    Hughesc99

Member:
    Derby, KS
    Thanks...So the picture on TRS's site when ordering shows those already hardwired into the ballasts. Awesome...Im SOL for a week or so....

4. Dec 1, 2012 at 2:11 PM
    ironman_jon

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    Vehicle:
    Prerunner Sport
    URD TCAI Wicked Flow 18" 2 10in alpine type r 1500 watt amp MB 72 matte black Custom Bumper Debadged Glassworks fenders McNeil bedsides Helix TB Spacer Intake Manifold Spacer Custom Roof Rack 5x 55w HID SK2 projectors 55w DDM 5k Bulbs Camburg Long Travel Fox Coilovers
    The ballast wires hook onto that adapter via the pig tails, then attach the red part to the bulb.

Edit: There are two type of the adapters, make sure you get the one in link I provided due to the space restrictions between the battery and washer reservoir.

5. Dec 1, 2012 at 2:21 PM
    Hughesc99

Member:
    Derby, KS
    Will do. Thanks

6. Dec 3, 2012 at 2:23 PM
    Hughesc99

Member:
    Derby, KS
    Update to this....Got a hold of TRS. GREAT customer service! Told em what happened and no questions asked are sending me out the adapters. Great guys to deal with so far.

7. Dec 3, 2012 at 5:07 PM
    ironman_jon

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    Vehicle:
    Prerunner Sport
    Definitely one of the top 10 company's I've dealt with with the best customer service.

Products Discussed in

To Top