Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Light bar install in Lower Grill Opening

Old 12-18-2012, 09:55 PM   #42
GTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shed

GTABurnout's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infra View Post
Since you have experience doing this already, any chance I could talk you into helping me mount my light bar the same way you did? I'll provide beer and pizza and I'm located on the east side.
Yeah man I think we can work something out. I have two weeks off coming up. I am around 22nd and Sarnoff.
Old 12-19-2012, 10:36 AM   #43
Banned
Infra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement:
Name: Jason
Infra's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTABurnout View Post
Yeah man I think we can work something out. I have two weeks off coming up. I am around 22nd and Sarnoff.

Great thanks. Just throw me a PM and let me know when you have free time to tackle this. Plenty of room in my garage to do the work and have all tools we would need. I'm just east of Tanque Verde and Sabino Canyon.
Old 12-19-2012, 12:20 PM   #45
ohatetacoma is on a distinguished road

Name: Chris
ohatetacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Thanks guys. After I did it I realized how many people have mounted a light down there. After seeing a few 30" down in the lower I makes me want to re do it with a 30". Maybe later.

For now I like the clean look. And its protected from theft a little more down there.

Looks great GTA! Very clean set up
...How were the 30" bars mounted. Straight to the crash bar or on a bracket? I am trying to decide on the 30" or 20".
Old 12-19-2012, 12:22 PM   #46
claymore has a brilliant futureclaymore has a brilliant futureclaymore has a brilliant futureclaymore has a brilliant futureclaymore has a brilliant futureclaymore has a brilliant futureclaymore has a brilliant futureclaymore has a brilliant futureclaymore has a brilliant futureclaymore has a brilliant futureclaymore has a brilliant future

Name: Clay
claymore's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12TRDTacoma View Post
You should reaim that to where the high beams point GTA. You have them aimed like lows which does absolutely nothing for you when driving those poorly lit roads at night.

Fantastic mod by the way I am loving my setup too!

Put the grillcraft on and let the Lumens loose!
Old 12-20-2012, 07:21 AM   #47
GTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohatetacoma View Post
Looks great GTA! Very clean set up
...How were the 30" bars mounted. Straight to the crash bar or on a bracket? I am trying to decide on the 30" or 20".
From what I read the 30" will span the gap from crash can to crash can meaning you wont need the angle bracket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infra View Post
Great thanks. Just throw me a PM and let me know when you have free time to tackle this. Plenty of room in my garage to do the work and have all tools we would need. I'm just east of Tanque Verde and Sabino Canyon.
Cool I will pm you. I have a nother guy who we had planned to re do his light mount so we can crank thru both.
Old 12-26-2012, 06:28 AM   #49
60driver has a brilliant future60driver has a brilliant future60driver has a brilliant future60driver has a brilliant future60driver has a brilliant future60driver has a brilliant future60driver has a brilliant future60driver has a brilliant future60driver has a brilliant future60driver has a brilliant future60driver has a brilliant future

Army:
Name: Sean
60driver's Tacoma Gallery
Just finished this mod this past weekend. Followed your write up step by step and looks and works great. I would post pictures but they would look the same except on a timberland mica 2010 dcsb. Waiting for my 10" rigid to put in the scoop next. After that I will probably work on an aux fuse panel. Thanks op!
Old 12-30-2012, 06:54 AM   #50
sportzman0 is on a distinguished road
Name: Tim
sportzman0's Tacoma Gallery
great write up! helped out alone with doing this mod. but a little different :P

Old 12-30-2012, 05:38 PM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportzman0 View Post

Nice saw your thread, good work. Now people have options on how to mount it.
Old 12-31-2012, 12:31 PM   #52
International Jewel Thief
Drummer0247 is a splendid one to beholdDrummer0247 is a splendid one to beholdDrummer0247 is a splendid one to beholdDrummer0247 is a splendid one to beholdDrummer0247 is a splendid one to beholdDrummer0247 is a splendid one to beholdDrummer0247 is a splendid one to beholdDrummer0247 is a splendid one to behold

Air Force:
Name: Michael
Drummer0247's Tacoma Gallery
great another awesome idea to spend my x mas money on! awesome write up, looks great!
Old 02-25-2013, 02:34 PM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by krob32 View Post
Nice! Any link to bumper removal write-up?
I kinda winged it. It wasn't that hard. get the grill off first and just start popping off the plastic clips.

This last weekend I also installed my new 4" LED's behind the stock 2011 grill. Write up soon.
Old 03-31-2013, 07:13 PM   #55
13Tacoma is on a distinguished road

Law Enforcement:
13Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Looks real good and clean!
Old 04-04-2013, 10:29 AM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13Tacoma View Post
Looks real good and clean!
Thanks, that was the goal. Keep it clean and tighty. No need for lights to be hanging all over the place.
Old 04-06-2013, 02:24 PM   #57
Snow.White.Tacoma is on a distinguished road

Name: Kyle
Snow.White.Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportzman0 View Post

Is this a 20" too? Or 30"? My next mod for sure...
Old 04-06-2013, 02:35 PM   #58
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fijggq5R6w
Old 04-07-2013, 04:46 PM   #59
Bfoust22 is on a distinguished road
Name: Bryon
Bfoust22's Tacoma Gallery
@GTABurnout did the light bar come with all the wires and everything needed for hook up?