Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Mounting round off-road lights without a bar

Old 12-02-2012, 03:49 PM   #1
Backinblack03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBackinblack03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBackinblack03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBackinblack03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBackinblack03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBackinblack03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBackinblack03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBackinblack03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBackinblack03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBackinblack03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBackinblack03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
Backinblack03's Tacoma Gallery
Mounting round off-road lights without a bar

Has anyone had luck mounting round off-road lights to the front of their 1st gen without the use of a light bar? I was half-assed looking at the Hella 700FF lights as they appear to be fairly shallow. I was able to mount my 2x6" KC HiLites under my bumper by making brackets and attaching them to the skid plate mounts.

Old 12-02-2012, 09:37 PM   #2
joes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Joe
joes06tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backinblack03 View Post
Has anyone had luck mounting round off-road lights to the front of their 1st gen without the use of a light bar? I was half-assed looking at the Hella 700FF lights as they appear to be fairly shallow. I was able to mount my 2x6" KC HiLites under my bumper by making brackets and attaching them to the skid plate mounts.

Since you have a steel bumper, you can drill two holes and attach a couple short lengths of flat bar, then attach your lights to that. I don't have pics of it, but I did that on my 86 Toyota truck. I was able to mount two large Pro Comp lights that way. It did not look bad at all. I also had a Dakota with Hella 500s mounted on the stock steel bumper. That was a tight fit, but I was able to do it without the flat bar extensions. I'd do it on my Tacoma, but the bumper is plastic.
Old 12-03-2012, 02:03 PM   #3
Trifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Trifenix's Tacoma Gallery
You can use an L bracket and mount to your skidplate area in front of your plastic valence.