Notices

Best headlights for driving

Old 12-04-2012, 03:55 PM   #1
jamesnev is on a distinguished road
Name: James
jamesnev's Tacoma Gallery
Best headlights for driving

hey guys,

i have a pair Sylvania White lights in my 2010 Tacoma. They were about $65 CND I feel that these arent near as bright as they were when it was the factory lights.

I tried packing near a wall to get a idea of how bright they are with or without the fog lights on. The fog lights are at least twice as bright as my headlights when on low and almost the same as what my high beams are.

Can anyone share some ideas on what i can do to have brighter lights. What do you use? Up it from 55-60W bulbs?

anything will help!

Thanks
Old 12-04-2012, 03:59 PM   #2
Nixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Nixinus's Tacoma Gallery
Topic has been discussed many times and everyone has their own opinion. See this thread for some ideas: http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/lig...ment-bulb.html.

My personal opinion after a lot of searching was to go with Phillips Xtreme bulbs. I also heard that Narva was a good reliable brand that was brighter. Check out www.candlepowerinc.com for information and great prices on bulbs (no affiliation).

-Evan
Old 12-04-2012, 04:02 PM   #3
jamesnev is on a distinguished road
Name: James
jamesnev's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixinus View Post
Topic has been discussed many times and everyone has their own opinion. See this thread for some ideas: http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/lig...ment-bulb.html.

My personal opinion after a lot of searching was to go with Phillips Xtreme bulbs. I also heard that Narva was a good reliable brand that was brighter. Check out www.candlepowerinc.com for information and great prices on bulbs (no affiliation).

-Evan

cheers Evan
Old 12-04-2012, 04:45 PM   #4
CLynch is one of the sharper tools in the shedCLynch is one of the sharper tools in the shedCLynch is one of the sharper tools in the shedCLynch is one of the sharper tools in the shedCLynch is one of the sharper tools in the shedCLynch is one of the sharper tools in the shedCLynch is one of the sharper tools in the shedCLynch is one of the sharper tools in the shedCLynch is one of the sharper tools in the shedCLynch is one of the sharper tools in the shedCLynch is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Charlie
CLynch's Tacoma Gallery
PIAA xtreme super white has worked well for me. Nice throw, even light, no spots. Just an opinion. I chose them after reading that above mentioned thread. I am hoping to upgrade to HID. I am just waiting on housings that I can alter without leaving me in a bind in case I run into an issue.
Old 12-04-2012, 04:53 PM   #5
TACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kelly
TACO TX's Tacoma Gallery
Sylvania silver stars
Old 12-04-2012, 05:00 PM   #6
Purveyor of Fun
benbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: ^
benbacher's Tacoma Gallery
You might try retrofitting projectors? I love the output I get from mine, I have the opposite problem as you in that my fogs are totally useless now.
Old 12-04-2012, 07:42 PM   #7
Norton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 17D4B w/ assignments in AFCC, AFSC, AFMC, AFSPC, AFRC, USAWC, NORAD-USNORTHCOM, USAFA
Name: Steve
Norton's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixinus View Post
Topic has been discussed many times and everyone has their own opinion. See this thread for some ideas: http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/lig...ment-bulb.html... Check out www.candlepowerinc.com for information and great prices on bulbs (no affiliation).
This ^^.

I used PIAA Intense White bulbs for well-over 3 years, until one burned out. I replaced them with Osram Rallye 70/65W bulbs about six months ago. I remain very pleased with their performance as well. I'd recommend either bulb to anyone looking to replace theirs.
Old 12-24-2012, 09:29 AM   #8
CajunBug73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCajunBug73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCajunBug73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCajunBug73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCajunBug73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCajunBug73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCajunBug73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCajunBug73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCajunBug73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCajunBug73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCajunBug73 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
CajunBug73's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone know how to shut off the daytime running lamps? I've got a 2011 Taco.
Old 12-26-2012, 07:32 AM   #9
jeff618 is on a distinguished road

jeff618's Tacoma Gallery
I use solux upgrade halogens on both of my vehicles. NOT miracle workers...NOT totally white...NOT airplane lights or something...BUT better than OEM and I like them - especially on high beam. BTW, they ARE street legal and DOT compliant...so no issues with the cops!
Old 12-26-2012, 10:41 AM   #10
fallon is on a distinguished road
fallon's Tacoma Gallery
My Silver Star halogens lasted less than a year, but we're bright and white. They pale in comparison to my new TRS projector HID retrofit.