Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Interior courtesy lights

Old 01-27-2009, 09:34 PM   #1
jdumas54 is on a distinguished road
Air Force: 301st Security Police Sq
jdumas54's Tacoma Gallery
Interior courtesy lights

Just wondering, if any of the Tacoma models have dash operated interior lights? I so miss being able to light up the cab, by rolling the guage dimmer switch.(like on most vehicles I have owned) It is a pain having to reach up behind me and fiddle to find the ceiling light switch just flash the interior light on for a few minutes.
Has anyone added a feature like this to cabs without this option? I would think adding lamps under the dash would be possible.

if this has already been addressed, I apologize...
Old 01-27-2009, 11:49 PM   #2
13th wunder
chyknees will become famous soon enough
chyknees's Tacoma Gallery
Also curious about this.

My friends new Tundra has a little amber led that is mounted on the front side of the center armrest. Thinking about trying to find that or just hit up Radio Shack for those little LEDS. But to put it on a dimmer switch would be even nicer.
Old 01-30-2009, 01:18 PM   #3
Time to get dirty!
monoman is a splendid one to beholdmonoman is a splendid one to beholdmonoman is a splendid one to beholdmonoman is a splendid one to beholdmonoman is a splendid one to beholdmonoman is a splendid one to beholdmonoman is a splendid one to behold

Name: Dave
monoman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdumas54 View Post
Just wondering, if any of the Tacoma models have dash operated interior lights? I so miss being able to light up the cab, by rolling the guage dimmer switch.(like on most vehicles I have owned) It is a pain having to reach up behind me and fiddle to find the ceiling light switch just flash the interior light on for a few minutes.
Has anyone added a feature like this to cabs without this option? I would think adding lamps under the dash would be possible.

if this has already been addressed, I apologize...

Not sure on the later models on how they are wired up, but what I did in my '03, was hook a wire from the dome light, to the map lights to get better light in there. These Dbl cabs just don't get much light from the wimpy dome lamp alone. Only one problem doing this. I modded the map lights to where both switches are on all the time because I wanted both the map & dome to come on at the same time, so I attached a wire from the door switch (& another wire to ground) then to a toggle switch by where the cup holders are. So now I just flip the switch when I want light. Before I put in this switch, I had to open up the door to light up all three lights.