Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

How long before LED light bar prices drop

Old 12-12-2012, 01:02 AM   #42
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdawg View Post
I will never buy a large LED bar. They just don't have the power or optics that a full size light have.
You mean distance right ? Led bars are very bright . Rigid just became the first led bar to win the Baja 1000 . I'm running a 20" rigid bar . It's enough light for me combined with my brights unless I'm in the desert and all by myself somewhere Pitch black then I'd prefer to have more . 40" roof mount will be final light .

Picture of my 20" e series and brights on

Old 12-12-2012, 01:10 AM   #43
ffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: mike
ffirg's Tacoma Gallery
I just did a retrofit a few weeks ago and the improvement over stock is immense. However I couldn't just stop there. I also picked up a 21" LED bar and two 6" bars from Blitzpro. I haven't installed them yet but I am extremely happy with how bright they are, especially for the price. I don't night wheel that much. But it's extremely dark 6 months out of the year up here so that's how I justify more lights. I'm eventually going to add two lightforces as well when I get a bumper that can accommodate it all
Old 12-12-2012, 01:11 AM   #44
Dr. Frankenstein
Blackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Monte
Blackdawg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelo760 View Post
You mean distance right ? Led bars are very bright . Rigid just became the first led bar to win the Baja 1000 . I'm running a 20" rigid bar . It's enough light for me combined with my brights unless I'm in the desert and all by myself somewhere . I'd prefer to have more . 40" roof mount will be final light .

Picture of my 20" e series and brights on

Yea..still not impressed..the just don't have the distance yet. I think eventually they will..but not yet. Only thing that LEDs have that I think is a great advantage is footprint size. Makes them nice for roof lights and what not and easy to tuck up. But I'd never put one on the roof. You want long range spots on the roof and LEDs just haven't caught up yet. When they do..ill think about getting one. Until then, 55w HID Hellas that fold down are the ticket for me.
Old 12-12-2012, 01:13 AM   #45
ffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ffirg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I will never buy a large LED bar. They just don't have the power or optics that a full size light have.
x2. There is no substitute for high quality spots/driving lights like LF or Hella make...yet anyway.
Old 12-12-2012, 01:18 AM   #47

ffirg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yea I'm sure the technology will get there though in the coming years.
I do a lot of backpacking and snowshoeing in the winter and am amazed at how much LED headlamps have improved in the last 2 years. When they first came out they were just giant flood lights that wouldn't go farther than like 50 feet down a trail. Now I have one that will shoot almost 100 yards. So I think the LED bars will definitely get there as well. Unfortunately, I'm sure it will come with a very high price tag when it happens.
Old 12-12-2012, 01:19 AM   #48
Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Konaborne's Tacoma Gallery
they're coming out with LED headlamps too

these'll get cheaper eventually, and brighter

I'm waiting for an OLED flexable bar that acts like a windshield banner but actually just blinds the fuck out of everything
Old 12-12-2012, 06:01 AM   #49
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffirg View Post
I do a lot of backpacking and snowshoeing in the winter and am amazed at how much LED headlamps have improved in the last 2 years. When they first came out they were just giant flood lights that wouldn't go farther than like 50 feet down a trail. Now I have one that will shoot almost 100 yards. So I think the LED bars will definitely get there as well. Unfortunately, I'm sure it will come with a very high price tag when it happens.
Ive got a 1800 lumen led headlamp on order right now for night time mtn biking. $32! shipping is taking a while bc its comming from China...
Old 12-12-2012, 11:19 AM   #50
DevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DevL's Tacoma Gallery
The ability to project is related to emitter size. The already put out as much or more light compared to HID. And to say $200 bucks is too much for lights... yeah if $5000 is too much to spend on your truck. Also the 885 springs and that add a leaf are too much when you can buy spacers and blocks lol.
Old 12-12-2012, 11:22 AM   #51

ffirg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Runner View Post
Ive got a 1800 lumen led headlamp on order right now for night time mtn biking. $32! shipping is taking a while bc its comming from China...
haha holy crap. Mine is 200 and works amazing, I can't imagine what 1800 lumens mounted to your head will be like, lol.
Old 12-12-2012, 12:43 PM   #52
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffirg View Post
haha holy crap. Mine is 200 and works amazing, I can't imagine what 1800 lumens mounted to your head will be like, lol.
Im gonna be like "hey fuck you moth"! as it bursts into flames as my headlamp ignites it
Old 12-12-2012, 05:58 PM   #53
CLynch is one of the sharper tools in the shedCLynch is one of the sharper tools in the shedCLynch is one of the sharper tools in the shedCLynch is one of the sharper tools in the shedCLynch is one of the sharper tools in the shedCLynch is one of the sharper tools in the shedCLynch is one of the sharper tools in the shedCLynch is one of the sharper tools in the shedCLynch is one of the sharper tools in the shedCLynch is one of the sharper tools in the shedCLynch is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Charlie
CLynch's Tacoma Gallery
To answer the OP's question......

They should drop. Light Emitting Diodes are cheap. Wiring is relatively cheap and is wired by foreigners. Almost all components are made in China. I would say all but someone would prove me wrong. The real differences are the reflectors, lens, housings, etc. I think demand is driving the cost of the large light bars. You can quickly find knock off brands of Rigid at a fraction of the price. I am not knocking Rigid. Their reflector is the real key to their success. It is a limited market so many suppliers don't recognize it as profitable. The few suppliers due to lack of competition from larger corporations are given an increase in demand. Demand with lack of supply and competition creates an inflated price. I would bet it costs more for shipping than actual parts from foreign lands. Once again, I like the rigid lights and I am a huge fan of capitalism. Rigid, get it while you can.
Old 12-12-2012, 09:04 PM   #54
Go home if you don't like guns liquor and whores.
maxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
maxamillion2345's Tacoma Gallery
Well as much as I like what I've seen from Aurora... it's a no go. Hopefully Blitzpros hold up moderately well to rocks and stuff... I'll never beat the shit out of em like Aurora does but... road debris and submersion etc...

Heres what Aurora says.

Minimum 10 piece order, of any kind.

Edit:
Rigid would also say no go due to IP infringement.
Old 12-12-2012, 10:05 PM   #55

ffirg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxamillion2345 View Post
Well as much as I like what I've seen from Aurora... it's a no go. Hopefully Blitzpros hold up moderately well to rocks and stuff... I'll never beat the shit out of em like Aurora does but... road debris and submersion etc...

Heres what Aurora says.

Hi,Max
The wholesale price is listed for your reference
ALO-2 38 USD/pcs
ALO-3E 58 USD/pcs
ALO-10 168 USD/pcs
ALO-20 288 USD/pcs
10'' single row 3W 158USD/pcs
20'' single row 3W 258USD/pcs

If your order quantity is over 10pcs,that would be fine,and we have Christmas promotion this month,you could get discount if you place now.
Attached is the full products list, last one is our hot sell products,pls find something you like.

It's too bad because I feel like Aurora's are pretty legit.
My buddy went through the same thing. He's been trying to get some friends (myself included) to get in on it so he can get a 40'' and a few duallys but it just hasn't worked out. It's kind of hard to get people to spend the money on these, even when they are marked down a lot from what Rigid charges.
Old 12-13-2012, 01:31 PM   #56
New guy
Ryan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic/ff reserve
Name: Ryan
Ryan DCFS's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Heres what Aurora says.

Hi,Max
The wholesale price is listed for your reference
ALO-2 38 USD/pcs
ALO-3E 58 USD/pcs
ALO-10 168 USD/pcs
ALO-20 288 USD/pcs
10'' single row 3W 158USD/pcs
20'' single row 3W 258USD/pcs

If your order quantity is over 10pcs,that would be fine,and we have Christmas promotion this month,you could get discount if you place now.
Attached is the full products list, last one is our hot sell products,pls find something you like.

It's too bad because I feel like Aurora's are pretty legit.

This price list, plus a possible added Christmas promo... I think there would be a good amount of people interested in this. Those prices are really, really good for the light output they're listing...

ALO-3E for $58.00 USD (each when you buy 10):

Appears to be a 2"x2" housing, very similar to the rigid dually,
using

(6) - 5 Watt cree LED's - 30 watts - 2800 lumens - Driving Beam

Rigid Dually D2 - 199.99 msrp Each:

(6) LED's - 28 watts - 2600 Lumens

Another comparison:

Aurora 10" Single Row 3w (in white - ALO-S10PEB): $158.00

(10) - (3 Watt) LED's - Total: 30 Watts - 3520 lumens -

Combination or custom beam patterns

Rigid 10" SR-Series Hybrid: 299.99 MSRP

(10) LED's - 35 Watts - 3200 Lumens

I'm in no way bashing Rigid, they obviously make great lights... however, its worth pointing out, that from Aurora, you could get lights, seemingly very similar to the Dually D2, that appear to be quite well made at a price of $580.00 USD for a quantity of TEN...

Ten Dually D2's, at the individual price is $1999.90. Even at the pair price, (10) D2's is roughly 1900.00. (You could get 3 - D2 lights for $578.00 plus tax - 1 pair, 1 single.)

You said they have a minimum order of 10 pieces, any kind; Do you mean you have to get 10 of each model you order, or a minimum of 10 lights of any variety?

Even if the it becomes hard to get a group of people together to buy this quantity, considering the number people, on TW alone, that are willing to spend several hundred dollars on lights. I would imagine that if someone were to buy a quantity of ten lights from Aurora, keep what they want, and sell the remainder on here, you could almost certainly break even on the cost of lights sold (perhaps even turn a small profit).
Old 12-13-2012, 01:40 PM   #57

$58 for the 2x2?

Okledlightbars has their 2x2 for $50
And u don't have to buy 10
Old 12-13-2012, 01:50 PM   #58
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I think it's pretty nice just for rural driving.
I like mine for rural driving but I definitely went overkill for what I use my truck for...

Right now I've got Mini H1 retrofits with the upgraded XB35 bulbs, 4 PIAA 520 driving lights and retrofitted fogs with 35W HID's. My name is Mike and I have a problem with lighting

I tell you what though, when I'm on a dark back road, with all my lights on it's like having the sun at your back. I can see deer coming for miles
Old 12-13-2012, 01:59 PM   #59
New guy
Ryan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic/ff reserve
Name: Ryan
Ryan DCFS's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Runner View Post
$58 for the 2x2?

Okledlightbars has their 2x2 for $50
And u don't have to buy 10
$58.00 for the 2x2" - 6 led - 30 watt - 2800 lumen

$38.00 for one of the lower wattage (12 or 20) 2"x2" lights (either 1430 or 2000 lumens)

The okled 2x2 is 16w - 1280 lumen for $50.00.

Although I do see the advantage of only buying one vs. 10...
Old 12-13-2012, 04:40 PM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan DCFS View Post
$58.00 for the 2x2" - 6 led - 30 watt - 2800 lumen

$38.00 for one of the lower wattage (12 or 20) 2"x2" lights (either 1430 or 2000 lumens)

The okled 2x2 is 16w - 1280 lumen for $50.00.

Although I do see the advantage of only buying one vs. 10...
Gotcha, I didn't know all the specifics.

It wouldn't be bad for someone wanting to buy in bulk then sell them for more to make a few bucks.