Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

How long before LED light bar prices drop

Old 12-09-2012, 02:45 PM   #1
Is it June yet
jmast has a brilliant futurejmast has a brilliant futurejmast has a brilliant futurejmast has a brilliant futurejmast has a brilliant futurejmast has a brilliant futurejmast has a brilliant futurejmast has a brilliant futurejmast has a brilliant futurejmast has a brilliant futurejmast has a brilliant future

Name: O.I.C.
jmast's Tacoma Gallery
How long before LED light bar prices drop

I'll be waiting

its killin me how much these fuckers are
Old 12-09-2012, 02:59 PM   #2
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
nofords08's Tacoma Gallery
There's a lot that are reasonably priced for the light output you get. Any of the rigid knock offs are just fine
Old 12-09-2012, 09:56 PM   #3
GTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shed

GTABurnout's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah I think the time has come. I just picked up a 20" for under $200 shipped.
Old 12-10-2012, 12:11 AM   #4
Blitzpro is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlitzpro is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlitzpro is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlitzpro is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlitzpro is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlitzpro is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlitzpro is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlitzpro is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlitzpro is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlitzpro is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlitzpro is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Blitzpro's Tacoma Gallery
Bang for your buck, we cannot be beat
Old 12-10-2012, 03:06 AM   #6
650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Police
Name: Mike
650H1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nofords08 View Post
There's a lot that are reasonably priced for the light output you get. Any of the rigid knock offs are just fine
80-100 bucks is not reasonable.
Old 12-10-2012, 03:15 AM   #7
Go home if you don't like guns liquor and whores.
maxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
maxamillion2345's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzpro View Post
Can you mount them upside down and whats your warranty like? Don't see any mention on your site. Thanks.
Old 12-10-2012, 07:46 AM   #8
Are these black helicopters for me?
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 650H1 View Post
how is that not resonable?!

OP check out Blitzpro and OKledlightbars

both just had Group buys and it looks like you missed out on both
Old 12-10-2012, 07:54 AM   #9
AKA Crash Bandicoot
ChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: National Guard: Infantry/ROTC Cadet
Name: Cam
ChamYota's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Runner View Post
how is that not resonable?!

OP check out Blitzpro and OKledlightbars

both just had Group buys and it looks like you missed out on both
This.

A 20in light bar for around 220$ shipped is a good deal!

I've been considering one and the light output is just ridiculous
Old 12-10-2012, 08:11 AM   #10
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
For good, quality lighting, that is more than reasonable. The higher end lighting can reach into the thousands. For good off road lighting, $100 is nothing.

All around best lighting upgrade I still believe is a retrofit.
Old 12-10-2012, 08:53 AM   #11
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChamYota View Post
This.

A 20in light bar for around 220$ shipped is a good deal!

I've been considering one and the light output is just ridiculous
OKledlightbar GB had the 20" bar for $180

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
For good, quality lighting, that is more than reasonable. The higher end lighting can reach into the thousands. For good off road lighting, $100 is nothing.

All around best lighting upgrade I still believe is a retrofit.
a retrofit is great for city driving but for offroad you cant beat dedicated off road lights. When I flip on my hella 500's with the HID conversion you cant even tell the headlights are on!
Old 12-10-2012, 09:04 AM   #12
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
a retrofit is great for city driving but for offroad you cant beat dedicated off road lights. When I flip on my hella 500's with the HID conversion you cant even tell the headlights are on!
I hear ya, my PIAA's will drown out my retrofits also but if I only had a couple hundred to spend on lighting upgrades, I think I'd go with a retrofit vs. aftermarket lighting with requires some sort of support either a bar or bracket to mount them, then either cheaper lights with an HID conversion or you'll end up spending a lot more on good quality halogen lights. I still think dollar for dollar, a retrofit gets you better all around results that can be used in more situations at a lower cost. Dedicated off road lighting can definitely be better but can be costly. Personally, I've been drooling over a set of Lightforce lights for a while now.
Old 12-10-2012, 09:20 AM   #13
AKA Crash Bandicoot
ChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: National Guard: Infantry/ROTC Cadet
Name: Cam
ChamYota's Tacoma Gallery
Im going to eventually do a FX-R retrofit in the future, but as far as off-road, a led bar will do just nicely for now..

Those retro's look so sick w/BHLM....
Old 12-10-2012, 02:27 PM   #14
Blitzpro is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlitzpro is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlitzpro is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlitzpro is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlitzpro is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlitzpro is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlitzpro is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlitzpro is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlitzpro is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlitzpro is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlitzpro is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Blitzpro's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxamillion2345 View Post
Can you mount them upside down and whats your warranty like? Don't see any mention on your site. Thanks.
Yes, you can mount them upside down. We warranty our products for 30 days, however, we do manage them on a case by case basis. Link here.
Old 12-10-2012, 06:15 PM   #15
650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

650H1's Tacoma Gallery
Idk, I can't see spending 100 bucks on a light? Ther are other better things you could save that money for and put into your truck... A fucking light? Come on. I realize an opinions like an orgasm in that mine matters most and IDC if you have one, but someone has to agree... $200 bucks is 885x coils and half a tank of gas... Or a set of front 5100s, or a wheelers 3 leaf AAL...
Old 12-10-2012, 06:24 PM   #16
I am the one who knocks
Spoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jamie
Spoonman's Tacoma Gallery
Not for a long time....as soo as they go out of style.
Old 12-10-2012, 06:38 PM   #17
Chewie is my Co-pilot
YumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
YumaTRD's Tacoma Gallery
The price has fallen substantial since last year with more competition and manufactures. I remember when HID's was the new fad and a kit cost around $300 5 years ago.
Diodes deal with a lot of heat so quality is not something to disregard.
Old 12-11-2012, 10:42 AM   #18

Quote:
Idk, I can't see spending 100 bucks on a light? Ther are other better things you could save that money for and put into your truck... A fucking light? Come on. I realize an opinions like an orgasm in that mine matters most and IDC if you have one, but someone has to agree... $200 bucks is 885x coils and half a tank of gas... Or a set of front 5100s, or a wheelers 3 leaf AAL...
I got a pair of the 2x2 led lights for $100 and IMO it was money well spent.

What if you already have OME's, shocks, a full tank of gas, and a fresh pine tree hanging from your rearview mirror?

I think that the normal halogen off road lamps will be phased out due to thechnology advancing. Why buy a 7" 100w lamp when you can get a 4" light that will be just as bright or brighter and draw less voltage?
Old 12-11-2012, 10:46 AM   #19
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzpro View Post
Yeah the group buy they have is dirt cheap for the lights you are getting. Like they said, best bang for your buck.
Old 12-11-2012, 02:19 PM   #20

650H1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I got a pair of the 2x2 led lights for $100 and IMO it was money well spent.

What if you already have OME's, shocks, a full tank of gas, and a fresh pine tree hanging from your rearview mirror?

I think that the normal halogen off road lamps will be phased out due to thechnology advancing. Why buy a 7" 100w lamp when you can get a 4" light that will be just as bright or brighter and draw less voltage?
There will always be better things to buy than lights. I mean, it's a light. Halogen led whatever.. All that matters is you see rocks, or you blind other drivers. If you already have a full tank of gas and good suspension, on to sliders and armor, if you already have all that, start saving to sas. Idk at least with halogen you can just get a new bulb... If your led stops working you have to ship it back or wait for a new one... If its still under warranty.