Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

DDM HID's on 2013 Taco

Old 12-12-2012, 11:17 PM   #1
Annolino122 will become famous soon enough

Annolino122's Tacoma Gallery
DDM HID's on 2013 Taco

So after much contemplating and waiting for my DDM HID's for my headlights and fog lights, i am more than happy with my decision.

2013 Taco, no projectors, just replace bulbs and plug in;

Headlights: DDM 55W 6000K HID's with wiring harness
Fog lights: DDM 35W 6000K HID's no harness

LOVE them.

Once i have time i will make a video for demonstration
Attached Thumbnails
DDM HID's on 2013 Taco-img_1044.jpg   DDM HID's on 2013 Taco-img_1045.jpg  
Old 12-13-2012, 09:36 AM   #2
pitacoma is on a distinguished road
Name: Steve
pitacoma's Tacoma Gallery
dust boots

Did you have any problems with getting the dust boot around the light. I just installed some from TRS and now i have some condensation in the driver side headlight the dust boot would not fit around the assembly so I had to make a few cuts. How did you get yours around the bulb?
Old 12-13-2012, 02:31 PM   #3

Truthfully... i fully removed the boot they gave for the lights, went to a hardware store (home depot) and bought a rubber grommet that would fit and kinda shoved it into the circular housing to block as much as possible. The stock boot was too annoying and "tight" to work with
Old 12-13-2012, 02:31 PM   #4
anthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
anthony250f's Tacoma Gallery
not a smart choice at all on the 55w....
Old 12-13-2012, 02:34 PM   #5
Glamour Shot
ajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andy
ajohnson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitacoma View Post
Did you have any problems with getting the dust boot around the light. I just installed some from TRS and now i have some condensation in the driver side headlight the dust boot would not fit around the assembly so I had to make a few cuts. How did you get yours around the bulb?
If you are referring to a projector kit from TRS, the stock boot can be trimmed to fit (enlarge the hole)

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony250f View Post
not a smart choice at all on the 55w....
I agree.
Old 12-13-2012, 02:36 PM   #6
AKA Crash Bandicoot
ChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: National Guard: Infantry/ROTC Cadet
Name: Cam
ChamYota's Tacoma Gallery
You might want to consider a retrofit to avoid blinding people with that PnP HID kit...

Just saying its a bit irresponsible to add hid's and not account for other drivers on the road.
Old 12-14-2012, 04:49 AM   #7
Pnp hids

I have the plug and play and all I had to do was angle the headlights down a bit and have had no issues with them. Just a little bit of extra work to angle the lights
Old 12-14-2012, 08:27 AM   #8
anthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shed

They still blind people....they still scatter the light everywhere
Old 12-14-2012, 09:13 AM   #9
jrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jrobson's Tacoma Gallery
I don't know about other states, but the troopers in Alabama have really been cracking down on HID lights. I was just getting ready to replace all mine again and had 3 different people tell me they got a $250 ticket for having them. Not sure if it's worth it anymore. They are apparently ok with it if you do a retrofit though.
Old 12-14-2012, 09:33 AM   #10

First off I didn't make this thread to be told to change them, I aimed them down so they're not as blinding. And coming from Scottsdale, 7/10 cars either have HIDS or halogens, and are blinding. My moms jeep has OEM halogens, and they blind as much as my lights do. Also, it's a second offense, you have to be pulled over for something else to get a "HID ticket", and there are so many cars with high discharge lights the cops don't care.

And about the grommet, it's made for high heat so I'm not worried. I drove for 3 hours the other day with them on and checked everything when I got home. Nothing was too hot, and ill never drive longer than that with them.
Old 12-14-2012, 09:48 AM   #11
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Why are people hating in here. Let the guy do what he wants and I've also had 55W HIDs before my retros and I asked people and they said it wasnt blinding for either oncoming traffic or being behind someone. Let the guy be.
Old 12-14-2012, 09:52 AM   #12

Well "everyone else doing it" wasn't my excuse for doing them, I've been using HID's on all my vehicles for over 3 years now. And i've used 55W and 35W on different vehicles, some that are more spread than others, and i've never had a heat problem or any other type of cop issue.

So thank you for your time, but im not changing them and will not have an issue.
Old 12-14-2012, 09:54 AM   #13

thank you for agreeing and understanding. They're not an issue, just something for people to complain about.
Old 12-14-2012, 09:56 AM   #14
tc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nik
tc98tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
They look awesome! Didnt wanna chance melting the housing on my first gen but I wanted to do the 55s But lookin good on that 2013 sir!
Old 12-14-2012, 10:43 AM   #15
DevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DevL's Tacoma Gallery
This place always inspires me to do something, from putting sliders on my truck to installing my own lift. This thread has inspired me to start writing HID tickets again. Will try to do 10 tonight and will only pull people over for the HIDs so people don't think its something they can only be pulled over for as a secondary offense. Thanks again TW!
Old 12-14-2012, 10:45 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevL View Post
This place always inspires me to do something, from putting sliders on my truck to installing my own lift. This thread has inspired me to start writing HID tickets again. Will try to do 10 tonight and will only pull people over for the HIDs so people don't think its something they can only be pulled over for as a secondary offense. Thanks again TW!
as long as its not a tacoma....LOL
Old 12-14-2012, 10:52 AM   #17
tc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nik
tc98tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
No comment lol
Old 12-14-2012, 12:23 PM   #18
Another typical cop acting like a douchebag that they are.
Old 12-14-2012, 02:42 PM   #20
jrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jrobson's Tacoma Gallery
I wasn't complaining just asking a question. I miss my HIDs in my 09 and want to put them in my 12. People here are just trying to steer us away from them because the troopers are cracking down. One of my trooper friends said they even had to attend a class on them. I want them back just not that bad.