Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Led light bar for 1st gen?

Old 12-13-2012, 12:46 PM   #1
Kaitukoff656 is a splendid one to beholdKaitukoff656 is a splendid one to beholdKaitukoff656 is a splendid one to beholdKaitukoff656 is a splendid one to beholdKaitukoff656 is a splendid one to beholdKaitukoff656 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Austin
Kaitukoff656's Tacoma Gallery
Question Led light bar for 1st gen?

Does anyone have like a 15-20 inch light bar on there 1st gen trucks? i just want to know were you put it and how they were mounted and if you got a specific bracket for them.
Old 12-14-2012, 08:23 AM   #2
gutt_72 is on a distinguished road
gutt_72's Tacoma Gallery
I just helped a buddy mount a 20" Rigid in his lower valance opening. Trimmed out the plastic center bars, re-drilled the light mounts to the proper height and bolted it right to the metal bumper bar. Fit perfect, looks great.
Old 12-14-2012, 11:50 AM   #3
Kaitukoff656 is a splendid one to beholdKaitukoff656 is a splendid one to beholdKaitukoff656 is a splendid one to beholdKaitukoff656 is a splendid one to beholdKaitukoff656 is a splendid one to beholdKaitukoff656 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Austin
Kaitukoff656's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by gutt_72 View Post
I just helped a buddy mount a 20" Rigid in his lower valance opening. Trimmed out the plastic center bars, re-drilled the light mounts to the proper height and bolted it right to the metal bumper bar. Fit perfect, looks great.
Could you send a pic!!!!
Old 12-18-2012, 09:27 PM   #4
maroon97Taco is on a distinguished road
Name: Kyle
maroon97Taco's Tacoma Gallery
yes please post some pics!!! I'd love to see that, ive been thinking about doing the same thing
Old 12-18-2012, 11:07 PM   #5
Trifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Trifenix's Tacoma Gallery
Dremel the plastic in the lower valence, and drill holes in the metal bracket behind the bumper.
Old 12-19-2012, 01:47 AM   #6
ffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: mike
ffirg's Tacoma Gallery
Damn! And here I am thinking I was going to be the only person doing that, haha. I've been planning to do exactly what you said, Trifenix. I've been sick for a week so I haven't got a chance to actually go out and do it though
Old 12-19-2012, 08:16 AM   #7
pschmidt is on a distinguished road
pschmidt's Tacoma Gallery
I just installed a 30" OK LED lightbar on my cheapo Hunter brushgaurd. The amount of light it throws is unbelievable.

Old 12-19-2012, 11:49 PM   #8
Gear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
Gear Head's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by pschmidt View Post
I just installed a 30" OK LED lightbar on my cheapo Hunter brushgaurd. The amount of light it throws is unbelievable.

How much did that set you back? I'm wanting to put one on my bumper when I get it built
Old 12-20-2012, 11:10 AM   #9
Yamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yamaha Dave's Tacoma Gallery
I just ordered a 10" Rigid light bar and I'm going to mount it in the lower valence. Eventually I'll get a 20" to replace it, and move the 10" to the bed to sit behind the cab window for light for loading, camping, and tailgaters.
Old 12-20-2012, 12:10 PM   #10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gear Head View Post
How much did that set you back? I'm wanting to put one on my bumper when I get it built

It was $300 to the door with all wiring, switches, and brackets.
Old 12-20-2012, 01:52 PM   #11
Gear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
It was $300 to the door with all wiring, switches, and brackets.
It looks great. Same spot I want to mount one.
Old 12-20-2012, 01:53 PM   #12
NorthWest Member
J88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonnie
J88logue's Tacoma Gallery
I want one!
Old 12-20-2012, 01:54 PM   #13
NorthWest Member
J88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonnie
J88logue's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Where did you get it from?
Old 12-21-2012, 10:47 AM   #14
Quote:
Originally Posted by J88logue View Post
Where did you get it from?

Their site is http://okledlightbars.webs.com/

If you check the group buy forum you'll see the details of the recent deal. Perhaps they'll run another soon. If so, I'll be grabbing another.
Old 12-21-2012, 10:49 AM   #15
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
I'll just place this here

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/bay...light-bar.html
Old 12-21-2012, 03:34 PM   #16
atvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant future

Name: Chris
atvlifestyle's Tacoma Gallery
My specific bracket is the aftermarket bumper . I use the Blitzpro Led Bars. They are the best deal I have found. Very happy with the product.

Old 12-21-2012, 03:42 PM   #17
atvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant future

better pic

Old 12-21-2012, 03:45 PM   #18

Which light bar from blitzpro is that? That's about the size I was wanting after my lift and bumper
Old 12-21-2012, 04:39 PM   #19

http://blitzpro.com/hawk-21s.html

21S
Old 12-21-2012, 06:31 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by atvlifestyle View Post
Ahhh nice! That's the one I was reading on. I saw them on the group buy but have nowhere to mount it right now. Do you have any output shots?