Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Fog Lights On or Off?

View Poll Results: Fog lights on all the time, off, or depends when driving at night?
On 1,205 52.67%
Off 202 8.83%
Depends 881 38.51%
Voters: 2288. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-11-2013, 08:14 PM   #341
Kenny Fuckin Powers
jtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
jtav2002's Tacoma Gallery
I have them on whenever my headlights are on just to spite those who think its wrong to use them any other time other than fog.
Old 01-11-2013, 08:20 PM   #342
Not very sporting to fire on an unarmed opponent.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtav2002 View Post
I have them on whenever my headlights are on just to spite those who think its wrong to use them any other time other than fog.
Me too
Old 01-11-2013, 08:28 PM   #343
Waking the Dead is one of the sharper tools in the shedWaking the Dead is one of the sharper tools in the shedWaking the Dead is one of the sharper tools in the shedWaking the Dead is one of the sharper tools in the shedWaking the Dead is one of the sharper tools in the shedWaking the Dead is one of the sharper tools in the shedWaking the Dead is one of the sharper tools in the shedWaking the Dead is one of the sharper tools in the shedWaking the Dead is one of the sharper tools in the shedWaking the Dead is one of the sharper tools in the shedWaking the Dead is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Waking the Dead's Tacoma Gallery
Where's the fog fool?

Turn them off. I hate it when someone approaches me with fog lights on and there's no fog. It only illuminates 6ft in front of your truck and is of no benefit to you but annoys the crap out of oncoming traffic because they're usually brighter than headlights.
Old 01-11-2013, 08:42 PM   #344
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waking the Dead View Post
Turn them off. I hate it when someone approaches me with fog lights on and there's no fog. It only illuminates 6ft in front of your truck and is of no benefit to you but annoys the crap out of oncoming traffic because they're usually brighter than headlights.
I only run mine when it's foggy
Old 01-11-2013, 09:24 PM   #345
Kenny Fuckin Powers
jtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
jtav2002's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
I only run mine when it's foggy
Stop riding both sides of the fence dammit!

FWIW as much as people annoy me with various lighting choices I've never been annoyed with someone having on stock fog lights without fog. Just me though.
Old 01-11-2013, 09:29 PM   #346

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I like switching it up
Old 01-12-2013, 04:27 AM   #347
THE OLD TACO721 with a new name.
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
they also light up the dich, and have helped me from hitting a deer more than once. The fog lights on the taco are not that bright. I know some cars/truck they are really bright. I have pretty sensitive eyes to light and have passed other taco’s that had them on and i don’t have a problem. edit: also when i first got my truck i did not have them on much, every time on back roads i would see head lights coming when going around a corner and i turned my lo beams on i still ALL WAYS got hi beamed from cars only. since i have fogs on you can tell i turn my lo beams on i have not got hi beamed. and no my head lights are angled wrong.
Quote:

FWIW as much as people annoy me with various lighting choices I've never been annoyed with someone having on stock fog lights without fog. Just me though.
x2 stop riding both sides!
Old 01-12-2013, 08:48 AM   #348
Waking the Dead is one of the sharper tools in the shedWaking the Dead is one of the sharper tools in the shedWaking the Dead is one of the sharper tools in the shedWaking the Dead is one of the sharper tools in the shedWaking the Dead is one of the sharper tools in the shedWaking the Dead is one of the sharper tools in the shedWaking the Dead is one of the sharper tools in the shedWaking the Dead is one of the sharper tools in the shedWaking the Dead is one of the sharper tools in the shedWaking the Dead is one of the sharper tools in the shedWaking the Dead is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Waking the Dead's Tacoma Gallery
OK, I have to admit the Taco foggy's aren't that bad. I'm sensitive to light and I can't stand when aftermarket foggy's are pointed up at me. Hey, now I'm riding both sides of the fence... with my foggy's off. Ha!
Old 01-14-2013, 04:48 PM   #349
Corndawg has a spectacular aura aboutCorndawg has a spectacular aura about
Name: Corey
Corndawg's Tacoma Gallery
i use my fogs as DTRL. because my 07 does not have the kit. but i will be buying it.

it kinda depends. i usually have them on but they really dont do alot except make visibility a bit wider.
PIAA Extreme white bulbs are the best. the low beam is so bright i rarely need to use highbeams
Old 02-07-2013, 04:49 PM   #350
CantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FTR
CantSitStill's Tacoma Gallery
Generally on. Fog anytime hard wired
Old 02-13-2013, 01:06 AM   #351
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: DDG 996
Name: Randy
4Wheelin4Banger's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
OK, I have to admit the Taco foggy's aren't that bad. I'm sensitive to light and I can't stand when aftermarket foggy's are pointed up at me. Hey, now I'm riding both sides of the fence... with my foggy's off. Ha!
When properly aimed they will shine below the headlights.
Mine are on day or night. I don't even have a switch for them, they are wired into my running lights.
Old 03-17-2013, 03:02 PM   #352
pjs42 is on a distinguished road

Army: Enginering
Name: Steve
pjs42's Tacoma Gallery
Bad weather mostly
Old 03-23-2013, 08:20 PM   #353
Washington State University
SeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 0352
Name: Mark
SeattleCoug's Tacoma Gallery
Used to have em on my Ford Explorer and only used em when driving on desolate highways at night... you can spot deer quicker that way
Old 03-25-2013, 01:00 AM   #355
stewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shed

stewartx's Tacoma Gallery
To be honest, haven't turn my fog lights on even once. Heavy fog isn't commonplace around here, especially during the hours I typically drive. Would certainly use them if at all needed, so that might change someday during one of my trips elsewhere.
Old 05-17-2013, 09:53 PM   #356
05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Luis
05Aztacoma's Tacoma Gallery
When I did have fog lights they would always be on. Now I don't have fogs.
Old 05-17-2013, 10:13 PM   #358
aka Frank Gallagher...
Jay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Jay
Jay238's Tacoma Gallery
Brights on with fog lights on as well....light up the darkness...
Old 05-19-2013, 10:12 AM   #359
Teniente is a splendid one to beholdTeniente is a splendid one to beholdTeniente is a splendid one to beholdTeniente is a splendid one to beholdTeniente is a splendid one to beholdTeniente is a splendid one to beholdTeniente is a splendid one to beholdTeniente is a splendid one to behold

Army: CPT, MI, USAR (Ret)
Teniente's Tacoma Gallery
Why???

Why is this even being debated. If the weather or road conditions require the use of fog lights, light 'em up. Otherwise leave 'em off. Nothing more annoying than driving at night with someone approaching or following you with their fog lights on............why would you have them on during the day????........to look "cool"???.......no thanks. There should be a law restricting their use.
Old 05-19-2013, 10:18 AM   #360
aka Frank Gallagher...
Jay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Jay
Jay238's Tacoma Gallery
Are fog lights really even that bright? Maybe because my truck is lifted I never can tell. I have never been "flashed" by lights before IDK, I see lots of cars with some kind of fog lights on all the time. Chevy's in particular. I think the brightest dam lights are our DTRL on the Tacomas and Tundras. Those suckers you can see from a mile away.