Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Fog Lights On or Off?

View Poll Results: Fog lights on all the time, off, or depends when driving at night?
On 1,205 52.67%
Off 202 8.83%
Depends 881 38.51%
Voters: 2288. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-29-2009, 08:58 PM   #22
Do Not Try This At Home
bobf46 will become famous soon enough

Air Force: Aircraft Mechanic and C-5 Loadmaster
bobf46's Tacoma Gallery
I leave mine on, I don't know why I just do. I had a 2002 Tundra and I NEVER had those on.
Old 01-29-2009, 10:14 PM   #23
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
I use them at night or in weather.
Old 01-30-2009, 12:35 AM   #24
Resident Jackass
Krazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: EMT - Alberta Health Services - Olds
Name: Power Serge
Krazie Sj's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by derekabraham View Post
Your sig says otherwise.

Goddamn dirty LIAR!

Burn him at the stake!
Old 01-30-2009, 04:47 AM   #26
RoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shed
RoyB's Tacoma Gallery
i leave them on all the time, along with my regular head lights. i dont turn them off, they all go off when i open the door. i wish i could just have the fog lights on and the regular lights off sometimes though. ill have to do a search i guess.
Old 01-30-2009, 05:08 AM   #27
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Name: Mike
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
^^
Foglight mod... easy peasy lemon squeezy...
Old 01-30-2009, 09:38 AM   #28
College.
PatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Sgt/6153 - CH-53E Airframe/Hydraulics Mechanic, HMH-464, MAG 29, 2nd MAW
Name: Pat
PatHLC128's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by derekabraham View Post
in weather? correct me if im wrong but your always "in weather"
Old 01-30-2009, 12:21 PM   #29
GEAUX TIGERS!
Meeocky is on a distinguished road
Meeocky's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Meeocky Send a message via Yahoo to Meeocky
I have them on everytime my headlights are on. I have never been annoyed by an oncoming vehicle with their fog lights on.
Old 01-30-2009, 12:43 PM   #30
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatHLC128 View Post
in weather? correct me if im wrong but your always "in weather"
Good point...
Old 01-30-2009, 02:18 PM   #31
The StormTrooper
TightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TightShirts
TightShirts's Tacoma Gallery
i didn't do the mod, i was disappointed to find out the the headlights had to be on for the fog lights to work because i always drove with my parking lights and fog lights on and only turned on my headlights when it got dark...

as for the weather thing i've seen that a lot of people make their fog lights yellow (i'm not a fan of it myself) but i guess it's supposed to be better in bad weather/fog. well when i was taking defensive driving i read that in the state of arizona it is actually illegal to have yellow fog lights on during the day, which i thought was odd... i did a quick google search and couldn't find anything, but just you might want to know
Old 01-30-2009, 02:19 PM   #32
Bob Loblaw will become famous soon enough

Bob Loblaw's Tacoma Gallery
On always. It's a safety issue people. They're not so much to see with, as they are to be seen with.
Old 01-30-2009, 02:32 PM   #33
Formarly 08TRD4X4RadientRed
Dockhead has a spectacular aura aboutDockhead has a spectacular aura about

Dockhead's Tacoma Gallery
On at night and when it's raining/snowing. I like the way it looks, Sometimes I drive with them on during the day.
Old 01-30-2009, 02:46 PM   #34
Mayor of TW

Quote:
Originally Posted by TightShirts View Post
i didn't do the mod, i was disappointed to find out the the headlights had to be on for the fog lights to work because i always drove with my parking lights and fog lights on and only turned on my headlights when it got dark...

as for the weather thing i've seen that a lot of people make their fog lights yellow (i'm not a fan of it myself) but i guess it's supposed to be better in bad weather/fog. well when i was taking defensive driving i read that in the state of arizona it is actually illegal to have yellow fog lights on during the day, which i thought was odd... i did a quick google search and couldn't find anything, but just you might want to know
hmm... that's interesting. It may be one of those laws that isn't enforced or known about (even by the LEOs). I ran yellow fogs in AZ during the day (just left the HLs on) and never had any issue.
Old 01-30-2009, 05:17 PM   #35
surfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gregg
surfsupl's Tacoma Gallery
This thread has some feelings to it. I would hate to ask seat belt on or off!
Old 01-30-2009, 05:32 PM   #36
The StormTrooper
TightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TightShirts
TightShirts's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delmarva View Post
hmm... that's interesting. It may be one of those laws that isn't enforced or known about (even by the LEOs). I ran yellow fogs in AZ during the day (just left the HLs on) and never had any issue.
yeah, i see people driving with them all the time... i doubt it is enforced (until the end of the month as they need to make their quota ) was just more of a fyi

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfsupl View Post
This thread has some feelings to it. I would hate to ask seat belt on or off!
haha
Old 02-08-2009, 12:20 AM   #38
tacoma08MZ has much to be proud oftacoma08MZ has much to be proud oftacoma08MZ has much to be proud oftacoma08MZ has much to be proud oftacoma08MZ has much to be proud oftacoma08MZ has much to be proud oftacoma08MZ has much to be proud oftacoma08MZ has much to be proud oftacoma08MZ has much to be proud oftacoma08MZ has much to be proud of

Name: Levi
tacoma08MZ's Tacoma Gallery
i drive with my foglights o................ shit i dont have foglights
Old 02-08-2009, 06:44 AM   #39
CanTac is on a distinguished road

CanTac's Tacoma Gallery
I also have the DTR light option for visibility too!

CanTac

Hal
Old 02-08-2009, 03:05 PM   #40
4th MAW
ETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: MASS 6 El Toro
ETAV8R's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe B View Post
On only for fog and rain.

Factory DTRL's for normal use w/o lights on. Fogs are for incliment WX IMO