Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Fog Lights On or Off?

View Poll Results: Fog lights on all the time, off, or depends when driving at night?
On 1,205 52.67%
Off 202 8.83%
Depends 881 38.51%
Voters: 2288. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-08-2009, 03:15 PM   #41
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Name: Mike
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacoma Jake View Post
Good, keep it that way...theres already too many people driving around blinding other drivers and causing accidents.
On a side note..How do you like your Nittos? Ive heard lots of good things about them.
ya... cause the factory fogs are just like pencil beams and point up...
Old 02-08-2009, 03:58 PM   #42
aaronk is on a distinguished road
aaronk's Tacoma Gallery
Mine are off except in inclement weather (snow, rain, fog). The only other time I occasionally have them on is when I'm driving on country roads out in the middle of nowhere and don't necessarily want my brights on (I don't like driving with the brights on...)
Old 02-11-2009, 12:29 AM   #43
07TacoCrazy is on a distinguished road
07TacoCrazy's Tacoma Gallery
I drive with them on all the time cuz it looks badass.
Old 03-08-2009, 06:52 PM   #44
thomasr1950 is a jewel in the roughthomasr1950 is a jewel in the roughthomasr1950 is a jewel in the rough
Army:
thomasr1950's Tacoma Gallery
If you drive w/fog lights on your head lights are on as well on the 09's. Correct? I know it looks cool to some but i'm trying to understand why you want your head lights, fog lights & drl's, if equipped, on during day light hours.
Old 03-08-2009, 09:34 PM   #45
BlackRig has a spectacular aura aboutBlackRig has a spectacular aura about

Name: Craig
BlackRig's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 07TacoCrazy View Post
I drive with them on all the time cuz it looks badass.
+1 Badass. Plus it seems to have the added benefit of annoying some folks... For no good fucking reason.
Old 03-09-2009, 06:50 AM   #46
wing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud of

wing103's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to wing103 Send a message via AIM to wing103 Send a message via MSN to wing103 Send a message via Yahoo to wing103 Send a message via Skype™ to wing103
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomasr1950 View Post
If you drive w/fog lights on your head lights are on as well on the 09's. Correct? I know it looks cool to some but i'm trying to understand why you want your head lights, fog lights & drl's, if equipped, on during day light hours.
On my 09, I do not have DRL.
Old 03-11-2009, 01:33 PM   #47
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
Jester243's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackRig View Post
+1 Badass. Plus it seems to have the added benefit of annoying some folks... For no good fucking reason.
Old 03-11-2009, 01:40 PM   #48
nasty ned is just really nicenasty ned is just really nicenasty ned is just really nicenasty ned is just really nice
nasty ned's Tacoma Gallery
fog lights

i drive with the fog lamps on at night cause the stock headlights suck!!!!
only time needed needed during day is for visibilty (like motorcycles)
Old 03-14-2009, 12:28 AM   #49
Taco™
Blu08Taco is on a distinguished road

Blu08Taco's Tacoma Gallery
At night time for added visibility.
Old 03-22-2009, 07:26 AM   #50
yotapainter is on a distinguished road

yotapainter's Tacoma Gallery
OK, Please correct me if I am wrong... FOG lights are yellow, DRIVING lights are clear. Unless it a mod, Tacoma's have driving lights right?

Also isn't the purpose of a driving light is to light up the area before the headlight projection area, thus having the area just in front of the vehicle lit up?

As far as being on all the time, I used to have a Dodge Diesel and they make an aftermarket device call a Brite Box, that allows you to run your driving lights with your high beams on...Talk about being able to see

They also had a mod for the dodge driving lights that you could trim a tab on the bulb and add an extra oring to a high beam bulb and make it twice as bright. I haven't looked on my Taco yet, I am going to have to see if it can be done on it too.
Old 03-22-2009, 12:48 PM   #51
Mainland Newfie
mainland_newfie has much to be proud ofmainland_newfie has much to be proud ofmainland_newfie has much to be proud ofmainland_newfie has much to be proud ofmainland_newfie has much to be proud ofmainland_newfie has much to be proud ofmainland_newfie has much to be proud ofmainland_newfie has much to be proud of
mainland_newfie's Tacoma Gallery
Mine are always on, guess I'm a poser... of what I don't know, guess the majority of us are posing as tacoma owners with foglights on, whatever that means.
Old 03-23-2009, 05:42 AM   #52
Sorry for party rockin'
TacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dunk
TacticalBacon13's Tacoma Gallery
mine are one when it gets dark out. i figure the more lights the better. plus with them on more people don't think im high beaming them because they know factory fogs go off with the high beams....but not mine
Old 03-23-2009, 06:54 AM   #53
petersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Do you need to ask?! It's up there ^
petersharp's Tacoma Gallery
You just have to look at the number of ricers using theirs during the day to realize that it's the wrong thing to do.

Off, just in case it's not obvious.
Old 03-23-2009, 08:01 AM   #54
wing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud of

wing103's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to wing103 Send a message via AIM to wing103 Send a message via MSN to wing103 Send a message via Yahoo to wing103 Send a message via Skype™ to wing103
Quote:
Originally Posted by petersharp View Post
You just have to look at the number of ricers using theirs during the day to realize that it's the wrong thing to do.

Off, just in case it's not obvious.
X1, I agree with you. I turn on the fog light only when the weather is bad, and I cannot see the road.
Old 03-23-2009, 08:21 AM   #55
JeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JeffRock's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe B View Post
On only for fog and rain.
word, I hate when people drive with them on at all times, they don't realize they are blinding most other people on the road.
Old 03-23-2009, 08:27 AM   #56
go shit in your hat
brianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shed
brianr's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainland_newfie View Post
Mine are always on, guess I'm a poser... of what I don't know, guess the majority of us are posing as tacoma owners with foglights on, whatever that means.

you kick ass bro, rep for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffRock View Post
word, I hate when people drive with them on at all times, they don't realize they are blinding most other people on the road.

"word" , I hate when people ride my ass and dont pull my hair, so I blind them when their little gay ass ricer honda cuts in front of me.
Old 03-23-2009, 08:52 AM   #57
Sorry for party rockin'
TacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dunk
TacticalBacon13's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainland_newfie View Post
gues im a poser too
Old 03-23-2009, 09:25 AM   #58
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
Jester243's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcgrednek3006 View Post
gues im a poser too
Welcome to the club!!
Old 04-04-2009, 11:23 AM   #59
Panda Jerk
THXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
on!
Old 04-05-2009, 03:12 PM   #60
MUDFISH is a name known to allMUDFISH is a name known to allMUDFISH is a name known to allMUDFISH is a name known to allMUDFISH is a name known to allMUDFISH is a name known to all

MUDFISH's Tacoma Gallery
I leave mine on all the time, but the main reason is that I forget to turn them off...