LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Homemade light mounts/brackets

Old 12-14-2012, 04:27 PM   #1
Dcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Dcpsychobilly's Tacoma Gallery
Homemade light mounts/brackets

I'm looking into installing two lights on a tube.
Anyone have made there own light mounts/brackets?
I was thinking on using something like a exhaust clamp (U bolt) and modifying it to mount a light, I wish I had a welder but dont . Any suggestions?

Heres a picture of what I'm looking to make.
Old 12-16-2012, 02:42 PM   #2
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
All kinds of brackets similar to that available from motorcycle supply outlets.

The problem with DIY is if the metal is soft enough to bend into that shape, it's going to un-bend and not clamp tightly or hold the lights steady.

Kuryakyn makes clamps that are hinged and designed for 1", 1.5", and 2" tubing.
Old 12-16-2012, 07:09 PM   #3
Dcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I found something that works, and cheap .
Old 12-16-2012, 07:16 PM   #4
Chewie is my Co-pilot
YumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
YumaTRD's Tacoma Gallery
I'm planing on adding lights to my tube bumper too. I was looking at the blitzpro mounts since they seem sturdy. Anything that is not strong is going to have a lot of vibration when running

Old 12-16-2012, 07:36 PM   #5

Ill be adding some blitzpro 3lr's to the front bumper, I found something strong, sturdy and cheap(I think I wasted more money driving there then on the mounts lol and its walkable distance lol). Once I get them on Ill be able to guarantee them being good

If I could afford it Id buy those mounts or probably would own a welder and would just ad light tabs on there but I dont got that kind $$