Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Get rid of LED Hyperflash

Old 12-17-2012, 10:31 AM   #1
bgmk106 is on a distinguished road

bgmk106's Tacoma Gallery
Get rid of LED Hyperflash

I got some $8 3157 LEDs online. 2 are switchback bulbs that go from white to amber when the turn signal is activated. They work but i get hyperflash even with the resistors. Same went for the rear and those are standard amber LEDs.

Question here is, do i have to do anything beyond the load resistors to get enough load to trip the blinker? This worked flawlessly with the Nissans i've had in the past.
Old 12-17-2012, 12:36 PM   #2
Bah Humshit!
brian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Work and Fly on the Four Fans of Freedom
brian's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to brian
Sounds to me like you plainly just don't have enough resistance. Measure the resistance of the stock bulb and compare it to your LED + resistor. Do the math from there
Old 12-17-2012, 12:58 PM   #3
cdk has a spectacular aura aboutcdk has a spectacular aura about
Name: Chris
cdk's Tacoma Gallery
do you have the resistor hooked to the right 2 wires on the front? you can check w/ a test light to see which wire is which.

i don't recall which 2 wires i hooked mine to on my 2012, but didn't have a problem w/ the usual resistors used.
Old 12-18-2012, 07:00 AM   #4
bgmk106 is on a distinguished road

bgmk106's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Sounds to me like you plainly just don't have enough resistance. Measure the resistance of the stock bulb and compare it to your LED + resistor. Do the math from there
I tried hooking up 2 resistors in series and still got the hyperflash. im not terribly good with electrical but im sure i can figure it out.

Quote:
do you have the resistor hooked to the right 2 wires on the front? you can check w/ a test light to see which wire is which.

i don't recall which 2 wires i hooked mine to on my 2012, but didn't have a problem w/ the usual resistors used.
When you say the right 2 wires in front are you saying 4 resistors total or one resistor on each side? There is a green, white/black, and yellow. I have tried both the green and yellow wires. sound familiar?